• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Latitude 64 Backpack ?

has anyone gotten their hands on one of these? I'm curious what the straps look like, also wondering if there are any dividers, and how much of the logos are screen printed versus embroidered. would also like a peek inside the top compartment. Is the only access just the zipper going across the top? Seems like a compartment that big would need broader access.

Ignore me. It was all in the video. I'm just lazy. Carry on.

I honestly don't mind the bag. I'm not spending $200 on it, but it's not a bad first shot. Seems like a better first attempt than a lot of other first runs. Problem is there are so many backpacks in their 3rd or whatever iterations with a lot of their respective kinks worked out that are at the $200 price point or below.

I like the overall look. I like the various sizes of storage pockets. Straps and back look comfortable.

I don't like those bulging pockets on the top of either side. There are a LOT of pockets on the bag. In the video he talked about not putting two bottles on because he didn't have the room. He should've just taken the small side pocket next to the one bottle holder and moved it above, taken out one of the big top pockets, and put two bottle holders on the one side. He could keep the side putter/storage pocket (which I like) and still had plenty of storage as well as two bottles.

I also would have liked some color options. Color options don't traditionally cost much more for the production, but tend to generate more interestnand sales.

Pros:

*Storage like you wouldn't believe!
*Discs are easier to get in/out compared to the Ranger.
*Side putter pocket easily fits 2. Ranger is a little snug.
*Umbrella holder is unique. Seems like it will work well.
*Straps are awesome! Very comfortable.
*Side walls are stiff. Won't cave in after a lot of use.
*Bottom is stiff as well. Rails are sturdy.
*Rainfly!
*White leather accent pieces are a nice touch.

Cons:

*Top storage pocket is HUGE...but there's a tiny zipper opening. You would have to force a sweatshirt in there. Plenty of room for it though.
*Water holder won't fit a 32oz Gatorade bottle. (no more 2 for $3 Gatorades here...)
*Upper side pockets are awkward at first...the zipper being on the front of the pocket.
*The main flap has 2 zippers that only zip each side (zipper doesn't connect like the Ranger). If you want to close the main flap, the bottom connects with velcro. Not a huge deal, it just seems under engineered compared to the rest of the bag.

I haven't been able to use this for a round yet, so these are just my initial thoughts. All-in-all, I'd say it's a solid bag. Still not sure if I'll be using this or my Ranger.

After my experience with the ranger, I'd rather never buy a full sized bag again without two dedicated drink holders, and on opposite ends of the bag (weight purposes).

My ideal bag is small capacity (12-15, plus putters) with ample storage; like the revo small bag, or even GB. The soldier is close, but holds too many.

This looks like a good offering from lat, but there are apparently obvious shortcoming that need to be addressed on the next version (already).

I got mine last night, here are my initial thoughts as a response to Lat's description:

• Pocket holder for bottles up to 1.5L - Water bottles have to be very narrow though. I can't fit my Nalgene in there. I need to go find a tall narrow water bottle for use with this bag.
  • Front pocket suitable for towels or gloves - This pocket is the perfect size to hold my small clipboard. For me, this pocket will likely be the scorecard holder.
  • Side pocket for wallet, keys, etc - Yup. Not much more to say on this one.
  • Two side pockets, one on each side for rule book, nuts, candy, or other things needed for long rounds and tournaments - These pockets are oddly shaped and won't hold much bulk. My rule book actually barely fits. These pockets are a good place to keep extra pencils, extra minis, and small snacks.
  • Large side pocket behind the putter pocket, suitable for backup discs - I can easily get two extra putters in there. It won't zip shut with discs in it, but they will be secure.
  • Large top pocket for extra water, rain gear - It's kind of a small opening, so you may have to cram large items through. But once inside, there's plenty of space. This is also a good place for carrying extra discs. I put two mids in there and they just poke out the top enough that they're easily accessible without getting in the way.
  • Putter pocket on the side with room for two putters - Two putters fit nicely.
  • Mini disc slot outside the putter pocket - Indeed
  • The lid that closes the bag for travel also has room for two discs - It holds two drivers comfortably. You can get two mids in there, but it's much more of a tight squeeze.
  • The main disc compartment has an adjustable divider for the discs - This may be useful if you're not carrying a full load. I likely will never use it.
  • Umbrella holder - This is a nice feature. I'm not sure I'll ever be using it with the umbrella open, but it does carry a closed umbrella nicely without getting off balance.
  • The bag comes with a snap-on rain cover that protects all the pockets in case of rain - Looks just like the Grip one.
  • The large top pocket has a special slot for cell phones - I like this a lot. Even with a couple discs in the main compartment, the cell phone is held out of the way, but still easily accessible. You can even reach back over your shoulder to grab it while wearing the bag.
  • The bag has two large plastic ridges along the bottom, reducing the wear and tear of the fabric - Haven't taken it out on the course yet, so can't really comment on how it holds up.
  • The inside bottom of the bag has a sheet of plastic protecting it from moisture coming in from the bottom - The interior structure seems solidly constructed. Time will tell if it holds up to regular use.

A couple other notes:

There's no built in mechanism to attach a stool. This isn't a major problem for me because I usually just carry mine by hand. The large top pocket may actually be large enough to carry some of the more compact stools though.

A couple pencil holders right at the shoulder of the bag mean you always have a pencil at your fingertips.

There are no clips or loops for attaching towels or bag tags.

I asked my wife what she thought of the bag. She's usually pretty pessimistic about this sort of thing. She thinks it's odd that there's all this fancy gear for such a silly sport. But in her words, "For a disc golf bag, which I'm still not convinced should even be a thing, it actually looks pretty nice." So it gets the official "Wife Approved" stamp.

really a bummer though that the water bottle holder is small. Is it very tall? I had a bag like that which it was short too and the taller bottle ALWAYS fell out.

really a bummer though that the water bottle holder is small. Is it very tall? I had a bag like that which it was short too and the taller bottle ALWAYS fell out.

It's actually pretty tall, so a narrow but tall water bottle will sit pretty securely in there.

A couple other notes that I just thought about:

The center divider's position is fixed. It's held in by two vertical velco strips in the middle of the main compartment. So you don't have flexibility to, for instance, use it as a bookend if you don't have enough discs to fill the main compartment.

As for capacity, I got 16 discs in the main compartment (2 putters, 4 mids, 10 drivers). an additional 4 putters on the side (2 in the putter pocket, 2 in the side pocket), 2 drivers in the cover above the main compartment, and 2 mids in the top pocket for a grand total of 24 fitting comfortably. I don't see any way I could fit another 6 discs in for the advertised max capacity of 30.

Nice initial review brad. Gives possible future customers some good info to read to help them decide a little bit easier.

She gives me a hard time about how many discs I have. But oddly, she doesn't seem to have a problem with the number of bags I have.

Funny, my wife is the opposite. For some reason she think 5 bags is too many to have at once... She isn't a fan of the 500 discs either, but I think it's "out of sight out of mind" since they're in the basement.

Good review. Nice looking bag, just not something I dig too much.

Funny, my wife is the opposite. For some reason she think 5 bags is too many to have at once... She isn't a fan of the 500 discs either, but I think it's "out of sight out of mind" since they're in the basement.

Good review. Nice looking bag, just not something I dig too much.

Haha yep, same here.

Haha yep, same here.

My wife spends more money each month on horses than I've spent for all 7 of my bags combined...

So she really can't complain too much.