• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64: Beetle

SOMEONE'S MAKING A LID!? SOMEONE DARES TO THREATEN INNOVA'S DOMINATION OF THE LID MARKET?! THANK YOU JESUS!!!!

I don't even care if it's an overmold or not, I'm getting one of these bad boys and it better not have some faux lid rim either like the Putt'R. Premium plastic production Polecat, please.

Discraft has 3 lid molds as well. Putt'r is a real lid, just because a part where the wing meets the top is not sharp does not mean that A disc is not a lid, the top is flat when new. Then the Rattler or Roach would not count either, though the Roach is a not a true lid as the top part is domed and not flat like a lid is.

anybody else catch that they released a disk with a glide of 7 during the windiest part of the year? Sure it might be nice with a tail wind but a slight cross wind and that thing is in the weeds/creek and a head wind might launch it like the space shuttle

Got my 142g. Beetle and threw it today - it does seem to float in the air. I had no success putting with it; it sailed over the basket every time. Tried various hyzer flip angles and power for throwing it, and only the last few throws did it respond to my attempts. It is very deep, wide, and thin, almost like the crap frisbees you find in thrift stores: almost. The feel in the hand is almost that of a classic Wham-O frisbee, but thinner.

I suppose there are rare DG shots where I could use this, and conditions to today were calm, so perhaps getting it up in a tailwind might be exciting.

Funky disc that at the least makes a good catch disc.

^It definitely does feel like it was intended for catch & not putting.
The one time I tried to putt it, it hit the chains but did not move them & would not get into the basket. So in terms of using it on the DG course, I could see it as a utility disc for approaches & whatnot.

I've thought about getting one

But I've recently picked up a Nova so the testing of that is taking priority

When I saw the release info re Opto I actually thought we'd see max weight so the fact that these are still 140-150 surprised me

If my local shop gets a few then I will probably buy one. I don't expect it to make my bag, but it'd be fun to fool around with on wooded courses. Plus it'd be good for playing catch and should be a good disc for my daughter who's about to turn 5.