• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64: Beetle

Oh I think I get it. Spill plastic is supposed to float in water. The Innova Dragon floats (b/c it's less dense DX I assume which also explains the lack of durability). So "Dragon plastic" was a reference to Innova floating DX and nothing to do with the actual name of Latitude's new plastic (spill).

Umm, once again where is this "dragon plastic" thing coming from? The picture says "spill line" and someone mentioned "dragon plastic" as if it were a joke earlier in this thread with no actual reference to where that term came from. Also, "spill" is swedish for "waste" according to google translate, so I guess it IS a dung beetle after all. ;)

Haha that's a good one. Maybe it's just RGL and we've been talking about nothing.

For what it's worth Spill plastic is their new name for their recycled plastic. Nothing new, just renamed. Bobby with Dynamic explained it in an Instagram live video this morning. They were also throwing it.

They're only going to be available up to 159g anyway, but yes, the first runs seem to mostly be in the low 140s. The one I received is 143g.

Saw these were in the wild snooping around DGC tonight. So, anyone thrown it?

They also have nothing over 143

have not thrown it but i did feel one up. its like an old school lid,reminded me of the pre-thumbtrac birdie. same size as the sarek putter ,just an obvious difference in wing/lip. looks like a good catch disc at the least.

Beetle is a very different disc. Rim is less than 0.25' wide and it feels lighter than it is due to its larger than normal putter size. I'm still adjusting my fan grip to get a clean release with it. It has great float. For me, it would be a utility approach and occasional putt disc, useful when putting with a low ceiling or when looking for a curved approach over a short distance - typical putters just fall out of the sky, but the Beetle will hold a curve even when thrown lightly. I can think of a few technical courses where this disc would have probably saved me a stroke.

The Spill plastic is very slick, slippery when wet and apt to spit out of the chains in situations where soft putters would grab them. Still have yet to throw the disc over 50'.

I've thrown my Beetle over 200 feet many times (haven't tried to max it out, just threw it on some ~200 foot holes). It is absolutely capable of that. It is understable, like you'd expect a catch frisbee to be, but with the right angle and spin, it goes a ways.

I would get one if I could find the bloody bugger. No one seems to have them is stock.

The one I have is very light, a 143g, I think. When it hits the chains, it doesn't seem to have the oomph to move them. It does float for a long time. Don't think I would bag one. The Aero would be my choice over the Beetle.

I would get one if I could find the bloody bugger. No one seems to have them is stock.

Sunking has them in stock too.

I just picked one up and I love it! It's an amazing catch disc. Slow and floaty like a lid, but not as big in diameter. It's only a bit larger than my Pure putters. The Spill plastic is perfect for catch...its flexible and soft, but sleek, and the design of the rim maintains the discs rigidity enough to throw far.

After playing catch and practicing a quick wrist flick to throw it, I was throwing my Pure's like lasar beams, and it seemed like they were hauling ass out of my hand! Really cool warm up disc.

It's the perfect disc to take everywhere with you, so you never have an excuse not to practice or pick up a game of catch.

I recommend strongly to get one.

The one I have is very light, a 143g, I think. When it hits the chains, it doesn't seem to have the oomph to move them. It does float for a long time. Don't think I would bag one. The Aero would be my choice over the Beetle.

As far as I know, they all come right around that 143 gram weight. It's the perfect weight for a catch disc, although I'd be intrigued to try one around 165 if they could make one. :thmbup:

All righty then. Got one coming my way, just in time for blustery fall days. Wonder how this would react to a 20 mph tailwind....