• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Dagger

I spush putt, and i find it to be a great outter minus one thing, in the wind it's very tough to control, anyway back to the subject push, spin it'll handle and is suited for whatever style putt you may have.

After months of searching I finally found a 175g hard dagger. Anyone else find it hard to get these? I am hoping the extra gram may help with the wind

After months of searching I finally found a 175g hard dagger. Anyone else find it hard to get these? I am hoping the extra gram may help with the wind

Unlikely.. you're talking about a .6% difference in weight lol

The extra gram? One gram?
Seriously?:doh:

Did you actually weigh it? It may say 175g, but, if you weigh it and it comes in at 173g, is your putting confidence going to be shot? :popcorn:

haha I know it wont make much of a difference. Mentally it could though, a fresh putter that I imagine fights wind better than my others, sign me up. Even if its only a .6% difference, I will take it. The point was to get the heaviest weight dagger I could find (and a fresh one)

Obviously people like max weight daggers (putters in general), I had one in my shopping cart on infinite the other day and went disc golfing, came back and it was sold.

I included in my message to marshall's to make sure the dagger weighed 175 (who knows if they even read those though)

Cool, the Marshalls package had a sticker on it that said "We weigh our discs". The dagger weighed out to 175g and the fire bird "marked" 175g (but sold off the website as 173) was also 173.

Shout out to a website that actually measures their discs and doesn't lie about it. Thanks Marshalls

I like mine at 174. IDK why I k know it's Stoopid and I could putt with a 175 but I was told in the very beginning of disc golfing that the weight matters so I took that to heart. Just kept the superstition with me I guess, 174. I weigh them and I tell people I'm going to so if they're not right I'm sending back LOL, guess the order notes do matter. Like I said, I know this is silly but hey so is believing someone yelling "nice shot" hurts our already errant or unlucky drives , but we believe it.

but we believe it.

Speak for yourself. Or I suppose you were. Personally, you can "nice" me all day, I don't care. If a short turns out poorly, it's because I threw it poorly. Sure, you can have bad luck like roll-aways, but if you really throw the disc correctly (landing flat on a hillside for instance), there's not much room for luck. It's when you throw it poorly that you're hoping for some luck, which you don't deserve anyway. And luck (random chance) goes both ways and the odds even out over time. What someone yells while your disc is in the air has nothing to do with it.

Neither does 1 or 2 grams in putter weight for that matter. The difference there is that it affects your psychology. 80% of putting is in your head anyway, and placebos work. If having putters weighing exactly 174 or exactly 175 grams is your placebo, then by all means, have at it. Given that a placebo only works if you truly believe in it, that trick will never work for me. I know that 1 or 2 grams will make no difference at all to how my putter flies so I'm stuck trying to make hard work and practice pay off instead.

Speak for yourself. Or I suppose you were. Personally, you can "nice" me all day, I don't care. If a short turns out poorly, it's because I threw it poorly. Sure, you can have bad luck like roll-aways, but if you really throw the disc correctly (landing flat on a hillside for instance), there's not much room for luck. It's when you throw it poorly that you're hoping for some luck, which you don't deserve anyway. And luck (random chance) goes both ways and the odds even out over time. What someone yells while your disc is in the air has nothing to do with it.

Neither does 1 or 2 grams in putter weight for that matter. The difference there is that it affects your psychology. 80% of putting is in your head anyway, and placebos work. If having putters weighing exactly 174 or exactly 175 grams is your placebo, then by all means, have at it. Given that a placebo only works if you truly believe in it, that trick will never work for me. I know that 1 or 2 grams will make no difference at all to how my putter flies so I'm stuck trying to make hard work and practice pay off instead.

Do I really believe that?? Not in my heart of hearts. And yes the outter weight is 100% mental but I like it I still out in my 30 min. Of putting practice daily, I do my form drills and field work, I am not one to leave things to chance honestly the nice thing was just something funny to add to the post

Do I really believe that?? Not in my heart of hearts. And yes the outter weight is 100% mental but I like it I still out in my 30 min. Of putting practice daily, I do my form drills and field work, I am not one to leave things to chance honestly the nice thing was just something funny to add to the post

The funny thing is, disc golfers in my experience DO tend to be pretty superstitious. I've seen guys get seriously mad at someone else in the group who "niced" their shot. Needless to say, they were NOT the winners by the old Ed Headrick motto, "the most fun wins."

The funny thing is, disc golfers in my experience DO tend to be pretty superstitious. I've seen guys get seriously mad at someone else in the group who "niced" their shot. Needless to say, they were NOT the winners by the old Ed Headrick motto, "the most fun wins."

Well there ya go. If a guy nices me and it turns out good hell usually get a "damn right" right back, if I get niced and it turns out bad a sarcastic " seriously?!" Is in order. All in all I agree with you though, an errant throw was that when it left my hand. I know "that guy" and I quit playing with him I have fun no matter what, I have more fun when the whole card has fun.

Ok so I got side tracked with being goofy last night controlling the dagger in the wind has been a major challenge for me. Some days I read the wind better than others, obviously but the way the putter itself actually catches and handles the wind is a major part of the challenge. I've only experimented with the wizard and challenger before the Daggers and I'm not moving to something new, not moving away from the dager just yet but I'm going back to wizards for a bit as the coming spring will give me some good windy days to test the wizard vs. the dagger. The dagger is by far the most comfortable, also the floatiness of the dagger can cause me to get lax (especially if I'm putting good that day) and not fully commit to my putts. The wizard has (IMO) a little more stability, just enough that I don't get lax with it in my hand. So time to test the theory.

I began putting with the dagger around the beginning of this winter. Practiced with them all winter and now they're feeling great in my hand. Hands down the most comfortable putter I've ever felt. I considered many good putters and this one won me over above the rest. The Judge, Wizard, Voodoo, Magic, Challenger, Marshal. The Dagger flies dead straight on any putt. Love it!!

Wow! I know that this is an old thread/post, but this just listed my favorite putters. Cool!:thmbup:

With Ricky and Feldy gone, who will be on the dagger now? I'll throw my hat in the ring on that one...

Grabbed a couple of the zero hard moonshine daggers from Marshall street. Not sure if there is any noticeable difference in feel, maybe a little more grippiness but was not super apparent when holding it side by side with a straight up zero hard. Cool looking plastic though, and the bar stamps are sleek.

Grabbed a couple of the zero hard moonshine daggers from Marshall street. Not sure if there is any noticeable difference in feel, maybe a little more grippiness but was not super apparent when holding it side by side with a straight up zero hard. Cool looking plastic though, and the bar stamps are sleek.

I putted classic judges until the prime came out, switched to Daggers and putted with Zero... I think I spotted that DGC had moonshine prime too?

If they made prime widely available I'd slowly convert to it for the baseline plastic feel, but zero hard for putting and softer for throwing works great thus far.

I putted classic judges until the prime came out, switched to Daggers and putted with Zero... I think I spotted that DGC had moonshine prime too?

If they made prime widely available I'd slowly convert to it for the baseline plastic feel, but zero hard for putting and softer for throwing works great thus far.

If you are interested in some sweet baseline, I recommend the Retro Moonshine Daggers that are available now.

I have a few of (last year's) 2018 Masters World Championships Retro Moonshine Daggers that are my primary putters: Slightly softer than the Zero Hard with better tackiness and grip... :thmbup:

Retro=prime=origio, yes?

Latest posts