• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Fury

I have an underworld I'm getting rid of. It's honestly too understable for me however it has sick Rolling potential.

Ok, I've had a few rounds with my Furys these last couple of days and I must say, I'm impressed. I bought one GL 174g and one Opto 174g. This may be the first run of Lat. plastic that has little to no difference between the two plastic types. I threw them against an Opto Saint 175g, a VIP Underworld 168g, and a Lucid Renegade 173g. First thing, these discs have awesome glide! With about 70% power, I have them going very straight with a VERY small amount of fade. And when I say very small fade, I mean barely there at all. Pretty much throwing them on a frozen rope at that power. When fully torqued, I'm getting somewhere in the area of -2 to -2.5 (innova rating scale) of turn with, again, VERY little fade. These disc hold an anney line all the way through the flight when released with anhyzer angle. They can also be hyzer flipped to have a small turn after standing up, and finish straight. Both discs, at this weight, handle light winds very well. I haven't had any strong winds to throw them in, so I can't say what they are like in those conditions. Compared to the Saint, they have more turn and finish much straighter. Compared to the Underworld, there isn't much difference other than the fade at the end being lessened. Compared to the Renegade, they have less high speed turn and less low speed fade. These discs are going to be kicking the Underworld out of my bag. I love them and look forward to continuing to learn what all these discs offer to my bag. Remember, this review is subjective to my throwing style, and others may find them to be a bit different for themselves. That being said, I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking to fill the understable to straight flyer slot in their bag.

2njgf93.jpg

Last misprint first run fury they had at DD. Feels sweet. I may finally kick the gl river out of my bag and use this with my saint and underworld.

Got mine, looks nice feels great. GOnna go out and throw a round tomorrow with it. Abit heavy for me but it will do until my 168g pink opto comes in from DN i just ordered.

I got a sweet looking pink GL that has pearl all throughout the rim and none on the plate. Cool contrast.

Ok, I've had a few rounds with my Furys these last couple of days and I must say, I'm impressed. I bought one GL 174g and one Opto 174g. This may be the first run of Lat. plastic that has little to no difference between the two plastic types. I threw them against an Opto Saint 175g, a VIP Underworld 168g, and a Lucid Renegade 173g. First thing, these discs have awesome glide! With about 70% power, I have them going very straight with a VERY small amount of fade. And when I say very small fade, I mean barely there at all. Pretty much throwing them on a frozen rope at that power. When fully torqued, I'm getting somewhere in the area of -2 to -2.5 (innova rating scale) of turn with, again, VERY little fade. These disc hold an anney line all the way through the flight when released with anhyzer angle. They can also be hyzer flipped to have a small turn after standing up, and finish straight. Both discs, at this weight, handle light winds very well. I haven't had any strong winds to throw them in, so I can't say what they are like in those conditions. Compared to the Saint, they have more turn and finish much straighter. Compared to the Underworld, there isn't much difference other than the fade at the end being lessened. Compared to the Renegade, they have less high speed turn and less low speed fade. These discs are going to be kicking the Underworld out of my bag. I love them and look forward to continuing to learn what all these discs offer to my bag. Remember, this review is subjective to my throwing style, and others may find them to be a bit different for themselves. That being said, I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking to fill the understable to straight flyer slot in their bag.

I'm curious: do you find any difference in distance potential between the Underworld and the Fury?

I'm curious: do you find any difference in distance potential between the Underworld and the Fury?

I didn't, when I threw them side by side. I gotta tell ya, the Fury just wasn't very understable for me. The Underworld is massively understable, but the Fury was just a Saint with less fade. Both have that killer Euro Glide, though, so they go just a bit past other fairway's, IMO.

im loving the underworld. I changed from a vision to it couple months ago. Fury sounds interesting though, hopefully it feels like an underworld but a little more stable. For me the underworld never hooks up, it just keeps turning and turning. Something very slightly more stable might be nice.

No. They have about the same distance.

Cool, thanks. I'm pretty invested in the Underworld at this point, and head over heels with it, so I was wondering if the Fury could serve as a more long distance compliment. Sounds like I'll just stick with the Underworld.

Why do these have to sound so good? I just spent all my money on revamping my mid-range game! I must resist!

...anyone know when discgolfcenter will have these?

Flight report from a Gold Line Fury, 168 grams:
Threw my new Fury against some other discs today on a wide open course. Keep in mind I'm playing at 5000' altitude, so everything is a bit more stable up here in the thin air. I typically throw 330'
• Has a nice S-shaped flight path. Doesn't turn out immediately- has a nice gentle high speed turn, and seems to have a strong enough fade to prevent a turn and burn with a little wind. The shape of the flight path is most like a Leopard.
• I'd put the flight numbers at 8/6/-2/1, a notch longer than a River or Leopard. Maybe just a bit shorter than a Saint with almost as much glide as a Saint. A good driver choice when you can't get a good run-up.
• At this weight, it held against a 10 mph headwind. Wouldn't want to put it up against much more than that. More controllable than a Roadrunner in my opinion, with the same distance.
• The Fury is definitely longer than my TP Underworld, more stable than an Underworld (at least the single copy that I own), with a modest fade at the end that the Underworld seems to lack.
• Would pair nicely with a more stable Saint, such as one with a higher PLH or in Opto plastic. Of course there is a bit of variation, so you could probably end up with a stable Fury that flies a lot like an unstable Saint. I'm pairing mine with a Westside Stag and a Saint for my control drivers. This Scandinavian trio has replaced Innova TL and Leopard.
• The Fury somewhat duplicates one of the two Rivers I have. It overlaps with my flattop River which is understable and flippy. I have another River with a big dome which flies almost straight that I'll keep in my bag since it powers down so nicely.
• Seems like a great disc for non-windy days for those 800ish rating players.

Like the Fury but not sure where it would fit in my bag. I know the underworld is supposed to be speed 7 and the fury a 9 but I can get the underworld almost as far and it's not as nose angle sensitive as the fury has been so far. I think I'll probably just continue to wear in gold line saints and hit those straight lines instead of the slight s curve of the fury. I already have a lucid escape that does that shot better for me.

I'm hoping the Fury fits in between the Saints I have, which are all pretty stable still, and the Underworlds I have. That would cover every fairway shot I'd ever need.

Like the Fury but not sure where it would fit in my bag. I know the underworld is supposed to be speed 7 and the fury a 9 but I can get the underworld almost as far and it's not as nose angle sensitive as the fury has been so far. I think I'll probably just continue to wear in gold line saints and hit those straight lines instead of the slight s curve of the fury. I already have a lucid escape that does that shot better for me.

so is it as nose angle sensitive as my river?

I throw around 320-350. I found my 166 VIP underworld to be way to understable and angle sensitive. I threw both the Gl and VIp fury today. Threw around 340-380 today. Released flat and threw some lazer shots with predictable fade. Threw some nice hyzer flips with it as well. Definitely stayin in my bag. Both were not angle sensitive for me.

Also threw in 7-10 mph headwinds an it never turned over. Worked great.

so is it as nose angle sensitive as my river?

Not sure. Mine is about the same but it wasn't on every throw. I got into it on a few and they were fine I just noticed it was easier for me to nose it up on a tailwind than my saint. Won't matter now I lost my beat in saint that I had since they released. I was pretty upset but I'm going to throw a fresh GL saint in the bag and keep the fury in there to practice with. It might just end up working. I loved that saint though. It was flat and dead straight in no wind.

Underworld is definitely flippy and these are just good turning control drivers. Still, I can get the same lines with almost the exact distance in everything but a strong tailwind. In that instance the fury really shows that it's near neutral.