• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Fury

nvm.... westside discs has not been outsold by prodigy. period. if you think so you are being a fanboy.

In my experience this isnt the case in my general area. Although i am almost perfect in the middle of all 3 DD stores so, im sure their sales do quite well there, at least recently. So im sure the closer you get to those the more youll start to see the WS stuff.

@OMM
DN and affiliate online stores are a different beast. They market well, they have a really good rep and good forum presence. They could sell whatever they wanted out of that store disc wise IMO, and Zam's subtle admission that he is less than a fan of prodigy is likely an indicator of the business relationship between DN and Prodigy. Which leads me to think that they could really care less about selling that brand or not. But they do (im assuming they do, i have no idea) because theyre leaving money on the table by not doing it. They push MVP really hard too and MVP sales in my area, are about on par with discmania, which is still behind Innova, DC, Lat, and prodigy.

Could be a regional thing, as far as WS vs Prodigy goes, but that is consistent with what I see in my area, at the shops, on the course and on social media.

In my experience this isnt the case in my general area. Although i am almost perfect in the middle of all 3 DD stores so, im sure their sales do quite well there, at least recently. So im sure the closer you get to those the more youll start to see the WS stuff.

@OMM
DN and affiliate online stores are a different beast. They market well, they have a really good rep and good forum presence. They could sell whatever they wanted out of that store disc wise IMO, and Zam's subtle admission that he is less than a fan of prodigy is likely an indicator of the business relationship between DN and Prodigy. Which leads me to think that they could really care less about selling that brand or not. But they do (im assuming they do, i have no idea) because theyre leaving money on the table by not doing it. They push MVP really hard too and MVP sales in my area, are about on par with discmania, which is still behind Innova, DC, Lat, and prodigy.

Could be a regional thing, as far as WS vs Prodigy goes, but that is consistent with what I see in my area, at the shops, on the course and on social media.

Regionally, you may have a point, since you are able to look more closely at what is being sold around you. Overall, though, by sheer time of availability and number of affiliates selling (don't forget DT World on the West Coast and M St on the East), I would still venture to say Westside outsells Prodigy on the whole. It may not be the case in a year, but it's just a numbers game at this point.

And if I recall correctly, Zam's beef with Prodigy was that they wanted to limit their runs to each retailer initially, which didn't make sense for a large retailer like DN. Now that Prodigy is producing larger runs, DN has been pumping them on their home page and on banner ads here. I don't think there is beef. It just had to make financial sense to dedicate the time and effort to. Perhaps Zam can elaborate more, though. I am just writing what I remember him writing.

Yeah, im not really clear what the probelm was/is specifically, i just remember him saying in a subtle way, that there was one. Maybe it doesnt exist anymore, idk.

Come on people, that stupid Nano thread is up to 20 pages and they don't even have anything to talk about yet.

Could this disc be another "Feldberg" disc?

Last edited:
Come on people, that stupid Nano thread is up to 20 pages and they don't even have anything to talk about yet.

Could this disc be another "Feldberg" disc?

I'd have a hard time believing Feldberg would help design a Speed 9 understable driver. He likes the beef.

Latitude has just most likely hit the point Discraft and Innova did. When you come out with more and more new molds, old molds get forgotten or never really picked up steam. So you slightly rework them, remarket them, and rerelease them.

Latitude's beginnings didn't have the hype and fandom that they do now. So discs like Blitz and Vision don't get much love. So why not slightly tweak the Vision, make it a tick faster, and use the "Saint" buzzword in the release marketing?

I will have a fury in about a week. Ill let you all know how it flies and take some pictures.

I will have a fury in about a week. Ill let you all know how it flies and take some pictures.

Unsure if what I received Friday from a seller I deal with over seas is a fury or not, but this is where I have received almost all my new release discs from and he hasn't let me down yet. After throwing it I'd have to say its a very nose sensitive VIP underworld with a tick more HSS. It's in gold line plastic, which means opto should be even more stable. And judging from what most people wanted the underworld to have in HSS this should be the one

Unsure if what I received Friday from a seller I deal with over seas is a fury or not, but this is where I have received almost all my new release discs from and he hasn't let me down yet. After throwing it I'd have to say its a very nose sensitive VIP underworld with a tick more HSS. It's in gold line plastic, which means opto should be even more stable. And judging from what most people wanted the underworld to have in HSS this should be the one

I am getting mine from Svante who is the sales manager at lat64. So I know that it will be a fury.

As for if yours is a fury, i dont know.

Excuse me, sir, I may be a nobody but I am certainly not a noob. :cool:

I think he might actually be talking to me :confused: I cant say the same for myself though, Im a nobody and a noob. But I can throw pretty far.

As for if its a Fury or not, Im unsure only because it's unmarked and unstamped like a proto. But, Ive thrown all the swedish/finnish drivers in their line up and this doesnt feel like anything Ive thrown before. Most comparable to the underworld but the rim is slightly larger and flies a bit more stable and its a 168g compared to my 173g underworld

I think he might actually be talking to me :confused: I cant say the same for myself though, Im a nobody and a noob. But I can throw pretty far.

As for if its a Fury or not, Im unsure only because it's unmarked and unstamped like a proto. But, Ive thrown all the swedish/finnish drivers in their line up and this doesnt feel like anything Ive thrown before. Most comparable to the underworld but the rim is slightly larger and flies a bit more stable and its a 168g compared to my 173g underworld

Sounds like it quite possibly is a Fury if its unstamped and unmarked. Dont see many unstamped lat discs around here.