• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Fury

Prodigy did it to themselves. I agree that they are getting flamed when west side is not, but west side didn't come onto the scene with a bunch of "pros" and claim to be the next big thing. Then they proceed to do what they have done.

The forums did it to Prodigy. Westside had the good fortune of having their discs molded by a disc company that had already worked out the production kinks. MVP are professional injection molders. Had all the speculation not left people salivating/wanting blood, I imagine Prodigy's introduction to the market would have been less problematic.

^fair enough, but they didn't have to roll out the way they did. Not trying to hate on prodigy I'm sure they will come around, but they are responsible for everything that has happened so far. Hype or not, releasing discs that are over weight, no uv additives, etc. is a great way to become obsolete very quick.

^fair enough, but they didn't have to roll out the way they did. Not trying to hate on prodigy I'm sure they will come around, but they are responsible for everything that has happened so far. Hype or not, releasing discs that are over weight, no uv additives, etc. is a great way to become obsolete very quick.

Not to mention Will's "PRODIGY!" warcry at the Memorial before he totalled up his card, lol. It's starting to turn into something from The Warriors.

its like people forgot how much Lat64 got flammed on the forums when they started up. MVP had its haters too. This time next year theyll have themselves established and the hating will subside. especially when they release the other plastic blends in the works.
Personally I think their most major mistake is the Proto releases and their rush to get a lineup out there. The protos are a general let down, but their corrections on the First Run stamped discs are spot on. I think they need to slow themselves down and really test their protos out before approval and release. And not just with the pros, get a local club involved near the factory and let them try it out and get feedback. You'll have a sample more representative of your customer base.

Big difference between Westside and Prodigy!

Westside didn't put out discs that were way outside PDGA specs.

Westside has put out only circular discs, no ovals.

Westside doesn't have the 1980's hypercolor pink pigments in their discs.

Westside didn't fuel a "game changing" hype machine with pros, forums, social media, and the tears of unicorns.

Now Westside is not perfect, they have put out discs that many believe are not true to their flight ratings. What DG company nails it each time with flight ratings?

I'm not giving Westside or Lat a pass. But raking Prodigy across the hot coals has all to do with Prodigy and nothing to do with other manufacturers.

/thread drift

Back to wild speculation on the Fury!

Any idea on a release date...I know some of you guys chat with Tomas via the facetubes.

Big difference between Westside and Prodigy!

Westside didn't fuel a "game changing" hype machine with pros, forums, social media, and the tears of unicorns.

Now Westside is not perfect, they have put out discs that many believe are not true to their flight ratings. What DG company nails it each time with flight ratings?

I'm not giving Westside or Lat a pass. But raking Prodigy across the hot coals has all to do with Prodigy and nothing to do with other manufacturers.

/thread drift

Back to wild speculation on the Fury!

Any idea on a release date...I know some of you guys chat with Tomas via the facetubes.
It's Facebook dude! :p

its like people forgot how much Lat64 got flammed on the forums when they started up. MVP had its haters too. This time next year theyll have themselves established and the hating will subside. especially when they release the other plastic blends in the works.
Personally I think their most major mistake is the Proto releases and their rush to get a lineup out there. The protos are a general let down, but their corrections on the First Run stamped discs are spot on. I think they need to slow themselves down and really test their protos out before approval and release. And not just with the pros, get a local club involved near the factory and let them try it out and get feedback. You'll have a sample more representative of your customer base.

:clap:

every company does this regularly. Discraft pumps out way overweight discs daily. Innova sends out discs that are different molds than their stamp. This whole up to pDGA spec BS is something that fired up this past winter.
when Lat64 came out no one cared, so they didnt get hounded about it. Lat64 is still the only company that you have to be extremely aware of the PLH. I can grab 26 OLF 1.1s right now and the PLH on all of them are near identical. I can grab 4 flows and all are different. but thanks to them we all learned a great deal about PLH effects.
youre right on this one. once again they need to slow the rush down.
is there something wrong with that? or is this in regards to the UV thing?
no one is saying other manufacturers have to deal with Prodigy's stumbles. what we are saying is that the other manufacturers are not perfect either, they just had less scrutiny on them while they figured it out.
and yes i agree that their marketing strategy was tackless, but who brand gets talked about more these days?

^^ thats kinda what i was thinking at first too.. i guess they call the River a 7 but with the rim size i pretty much consider it a speed 9 like my sidewinders.. i think thats why it hasnt made the bag.. faster then my Leos and im not taking the SWs out lol

Re: the WS Prodigy comparisons (lol)

All prodigy has done is out sell WS by a ton. Id be willing to bet theyve sold as many or more discs since their first release then WS has in their whole existence.

Gonna be really interesting to see the WS Lat DD lineup in a couple of years when their only choice is to have crazy overlap or restamp the same discs with different names.

Also, the fury..

Sounds like fun to throw, but maybe unecessary. Im thinking lat sidewinder. Not vision flippy but somewhere in that small gap between flippy saint and vision

Last edited:

All prodigy has done is out sell WS by a ton. Id be willing to bet theyve sold as many or more discs since their first release then WS has in their whole existence.

Gonna be really interesting to see the WS Lat DD lineup in a couple of years when their only choice is to have crazy overlap or restamp the same discs with different names.

:doh:

Also, the fury..

Sounds like fund to throw, but maybe unecessary. Im thinking lat sidewinder. Not vision flippy but somewhere in that small gap between flippy saint and vision

You understand Westside has probably sold far more discs than Prodigy has even produced in their first run, right?

every company does this regularly. Discraft pumps out way overweight discs daily. Innova sends out discs that are different molds than their stamp. This whole up to pDGA spec BS is something that fired up this past winter.
when Lat64 came out no one cared, so they didnt get hounded about it. Lat64 is still the only company that you have to be extremely aware of the PLH. I can grab 26 OLF 1.1s right now and the PLH on all of them are near identical. I can grab 4 flows and all are different. but thanks to them we all learned a great deal about PLH effects.

Woah...pump your brakes there. I did not mention Innova, Discraft or any other manufacturer. Your response sound quite similar to that of the Prodigy reps.

Go scoop up all your Westside discs, get a calibrated scale and see where they stand on the weight issue.

youre right on this one. once again they need to slow the rush down.

is there something wrong with that? or is this in regards to the UV thing?

YES, especially when its unintended

no one is saying other manufacturers have to deal with Prodigy's stumbles. what we are saying is that the other manufacturers are not perfect either, they just had less scrutiny on them while they figured it out.
and yes i agree that their marketing strategy was tackless, but who brand gets talked about more these days?

True they get talked about...most of the time not in a positive manner. Many say that any buzz is good buzz, but for me personally I have chosen to avoid Prodigy. They kinks to work out, but it's also the manner in which they go forward that will truly define them. As a consumer I get to vote with my dollar, so I try to choose wisely where I invest it.

You understand Westside has probably sold far more discs than Prodigy has even produced in their first run, right?

In the states, i doubt it.

Maybe in terms of, from the factory to retailers, you might be right.
But from retailers to players, i wouldnt buy that for one second.

In the states, i doubt it.

Maybe in terms of, from the factory to retailers, you might be right.
But from retailers to players, i wouldnt buy that for one second.

You are insane. Prodigy has even been out for 3 months. There is no way they have sold more discs then westside has. I see people playing with westside everyday on the course and have yet to see 1 prodigy disc and have yet to meet someone who has even heard of prodigy on the course.

Latest posts