• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Fury

People complain a lot about Westside/Lat64/DD discs not flying up to their ratings seem to indicate.

IMO...

1) Many of the swedish discs have an extraordinary amout of glide. The discs that have a lot of glide seem to fly a little understable compared to what their numbers would indicate.

2) Many of their recent releases do not like to be over powered. If you throw a stag, tursas, or underworld with 100% power, they will flip. A throw at 80% power will have better results.

You are insane. Prodigy has even been out for 3 months. There is no way they have sold more discs then westside has. I see people playing with westside everyday on the course and have yet to see 1 prodigy disc and have yet to meet someone who has even heard of prodigy on the course.

Just because you, and 2 other people you know IRL have some WS discs doesnt mean the market shares your love.

*disclaimer
Im not hating on WS in any way, they were an example used by someone else

I am very close with 2 seperate people who sell discs for a living in a shop and for tourney payout.

I can tell you that in my area, ws isnt that well known or popular. There are a couple guys who throw swords, and some noobs who bought kings. Not too many of the other molds floating around. One person in particular (a fellow disc whore) bought one of each of their molds that were out before the warship was released. Other than that, they dont sell that well.

Part of that is marketing (or lack therof), part of that is that I live in the midwest and outside of forum geeks nobody can keep up with the 500 new deivers so they throw innova.

I am not crazy enough tothink they dont do well in other regions, however, i find it very hard to believe that most shops or vendors have trouble keeping their shelves full with WS stuff. Which isnt the case for prodigy stuff (at the moment).

Call LSDiscs (not sure if theyre a retailer of prodigy or not), call DGW, call PIaS on the east coast or by the gulf, call any shop that carries both and i would give you odds that they have sold exponentially more PRoDG than WS.

Fwiw im only talking WS to Prodigy sales

Not 3 companies against 1

True

Our PIAS got some prodigy discs in last week a day after they got new westside. I think they had about 15 or 16 prodigy and about 10 - 12 westside discs come in. As of Wednesday, 14 of the prodigy discs are still there. Only 4 or 5 of the westside discs that came in last week is still there.

Just because you, and 2 other people you know IRL have some WS discs doesnt mean the market shares your love.

*disclaimer
Im not hating on WS in any way, they were an example used by someone else

I am very close with 2 seperate people who sell discs for a living in a shop and for tourney payout.

I can tell you that in my area, ws isnt that well known or popular. There are a couple guys who throw swords, and some noobs who bought kings. Not too many of the other molds floating around. One person in particular (a fellow disc whore) bought one of each of their molds that were out before the warship was released. Other than that, they dont sell that well.

Part of that is marketing (or lack therof), part of that is that I live in the midwest and outside of forum geeks nobody can keep up with the 500 new deivers so they throw innova.

I am not crazy enough tothink they dont do well in other regions, however, i find it very hard to believe that most shops or vendors have trouble keeping their shelves full with WS stuff. Which isnt the case for prodigy stuff (at the moment).

Call LSDiscs (not sure if theyre a retailer of prodigy or not), call DGW, call PIaS on the east coast or by the gulf, call any shop that carries both and i would give you odds that they have sold exponentially more PRoDG than WS.

You do not understand business. There is no way that prodigy as a new company that didnt even have discs in stock on jan 1st in shops has outsold a popular established company like Westside in less then 3.25 months.

As someone else said, I would bet that prodigys entire midrange lineup has even outsold just the Warship.

Do you guys need to make a Westside v Prodigy thread or what?

Get back to the Fury.

Whats to get back to? Its a flippy saint.

What im more interested in is the OS compliment that was hinted at

@Osmo
Keep your condescending opinions to yourself.

Nothin you said has any bearing on whether or not I understand business or dont.
They are your guesses and opinions. If thats business, then youre right I suppose.

The things im saying are coming from actual experience with that particular issue. Yours are speculation and the need to not be wrong. Time being in business doesnt necessarily reflect your total sales. It only reflects that they had sales at all.

Last edited:
Whats to get back to? Its a flippy saint.

What im more interested in is the OS compliment that was hinted at

@Osmo
Keep your condescending opinions to yourself.

Nothin you said has any bearing on whether or not I understand business or dont.
They are your guesses and opinions. If thats business, then youre right I suppose.

The things im saying are coming from actual experience with that particular issue. Yours are speculation and the need to not be wrong. Time being in business doesnt necessarily reflect your total sales. It only reflects that they had sales at all.

wahhhhhhhhh. the mean man on the internet disagrees with me. wahhhhh.
:wall:

time being in business directly reflects on sales when you are a popular company. the fact that prodigy just started and didnt even have discs instock yet on day 1 should make it obvious to you that they couldnt possibly have outsold westside discs already. Not to mention the MAJOR negative word of mouth and poor quality control in the first month of their 3 months existence. The fact that that doesnt makes me ponder your intelligence.

Last edited:
Woah...pump your brakes there. I did not mention Innova, Discraft or any other manufacturer. Your response sound quite similar to that of the Prodigy reps.
Go scoop up all your Westside discs, get a calibrated scale and see where they stand on the weight issue.
probably cause the prodigy reps are not blinded by hate. a clear logical mind that has been around long enough to see several companies start up would understand the initial inconsistencies. Have you been around long enough to remember when Lat64 started up?
That would be a pointless endeavor. I buy my discs from MSt and make sure they are legal before I buy them. and i did not reference westside with weight issues did i? I said they have PLH issues.
YES, especially when its unintended
Still being vague, yes to which? I asked two questions
True they get talked about...most of the time not in a positive manner. Many say that any buzz is good buzz, but for me personally I have chosen to avoid Prodigy. They kinks to work out, but it's also the manner in which they go forward that will truly define them. As a consumer I get to vote with my dollar, so I try to choose wisely where I invest it.
you still are missing the point, take off the hater glasses. the whole point is how do you completely write off a company that has only been in existence for 4 months? none of the companies started out perfect, they all stumbled alot. and the big companies still stumble.

Also if you quote me please dont make me do all the work to quote you back. please learn how to quote specific points a person makes.

Consider the following (and insert Bill Nye meme here):

Prodigy just started being sold by the nation's largest online retailer - the same online retailer that had a wildly popular midnight sale for the new Westside releases. I would say this is as good an indicator as any as to which company is selling better.

Consider the following (and insert Bill Nye meme here):

Prodigy just started being sold by the nation's largest online retailer - the same online retailer that had a wildly popular midnight sale for the new Westside releases. I would say this is as good an indicator as any as to which company is selling better.

Shh, get your logic out of here. That guy said he is using first hand experience and such so logic and facts dont matter.

That major negative word of mouth that you think is so widespread really only exists in a relatively small amount of DG'ers and i believe you think its more widespread than it is because you see a concentrated form of it here.
This is no different than the bs innova has pulled and deals with daily and on a muh grander scale . Yet, people still buy their stuff. If you think 100 people on dgcr crying about something is a reflection of the industry itself and reduces sales by an amount that matters, you sir, are wrong in this regard.

time being in business directly reflects on sales when you are a popular company. the fact that prodigy just started and didnt even have discs instock yet on day 1 should make it obvious to you that they couldnt possibly have outsold westside discs already.
i dont think prodigy has outsold anyone YET. Westside is not nearly as popular as everyone thinks on here tho. every community operates differently. locally they are not popular and only a handful of us sport their discs. However, i see more prodigy in peoples bags then i do westside already.
Not to mention the MAJOR negative word of mouth and poor quality control in the first month of their 3 months existence.
the negative is only on the forums. people who are not forum hounds only talk about them positively or neutral. they do not get hated on locally by me.
The fact that that doesnt makes me ponder your intelligence.
huh???????

nvm.... westside discs has not been outsold by prodigy. period. if you think so you are being a fanboy.

Last edited: