• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64: News, Updates, Discussion and Happenings

Strikers can vary widely. Even within "runs". For example, the Snowflake Strikers were early run ones, not first, but early, discernable by the impression left by the machine that lifted the discs out of the mold. This machine had a side effect of making the discs VERY flat. So every Snowflake Striker is flat as a board. BUT, the opaque dark blue ones are consistently way more OS than all the others.
My theory is that it's due to the plastic. The dark blues are the only ones that are opaque (I think), all the rest are transparent (except the 2009 Worlds Strikers. Those were the only Snowflake GLs.) So maybe the colorant affected the cooling somehow?

To summarize, look for a flat one. They are the shiznit. However, the Saints are trying to bump them out of my bag.

Just ordered the last 3 max weight TM2 Pures they had at GGGT, they've been on sale for months and I finally grabbed a few more just in time apparently. Can someone explain to me exactly what is going on with L64's plastics? So the TM2 material is oop now correct?

Someone said they were going to use the TM2 as their EZE, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. If someone can make a small timeline explaining the plastics the Pure has come in I would appreciate it. I really like the TM2 for my putting plastic so I'm wondering if the 6 I have will be all I get after this year.

I'm falling in love with my absolutely flat opto Striker. It is perfectly stable and throws straight as an arrow with a predictable fade. I tried the Saint and the Escape and those seemed to fly more like a distance driver than an actual fairway driver and were to unpredictable.

This seems like the right place to express my love for my new opto Pure. Replaced my SS Wizards for off the tee/approach shots

Just ordered the last 3 max weight TM2 Pures they had at GGGT, they've been on sale for months and I finally grabbed a few more just in time apparently. Can someone explain to me exactly what is going on with L64's plastics? So the TM2 material is oop now correct?

Someone said they were going to use the TM2 as their EZE, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. If someone can make a small timeline explaining the plastics the Pure has come in I would appreciate it. I really like the TM2 for my putting plastic so I'm wondering if the 6 I have will be all I get after this year.

Tm2 was a test run, hence the name. Will not be a tm2 2.0

Eze pure was discontinued shortly after release. It was similar to tm2

The pure is now back in ZERO. Soft and Hard ZERO to be exact. The soft zero is similar to the old zero pures(which DN got 5 of last shipment, I guess they needed to burn old stock?).

I'm sure some of that is wrong. But it's the right timeline of plastic availability

Tm2 was a test run, hence the name. Will not be a tm2 2.0

Eze pure was discontinued shortly after release. It was similar to tm2

The pure is now back in ZERO. Soft and Hard ZERO to be exact. The soft zero is similar to the old zero pures(which DN got 5 of last shipment, I guess they needed to burn old stock?).

I'm sure some of that is wrong. But it's the right timeline of plastic availability

First part I understood, I was just wondering if that material made it in the lineup somewhere as they had intended.

I had an EZE Pure but didn't like that material as much (maybe it was just the blue coloring agent that changed the feel but it was def different) so I gave it to a friend so he could try putting with a Pure.

If someone has thrown a TM2 and the new Soft/Hard Zero's let me know how they compare. The GL's and Optos are nice plastics, but that's not the material I'm looking for in a putter.

I am really loving my r - fuse! This thing is so swirly and glidey...makes me giddy;)

original pure plastics were grip line and a stiff zero line.
years went by
opto pures came next. and a limited run of gold line. spring of 2012
grip line was discontinued.
tm2 was introduced and decided to be mass produced summer 2012
zero went oop and was replaced by eze (formerly known as tm2) late summer 2012
eze was discontinued and replaced again by zero line, but a softer blend than the original zero. same stamp as original zero pure. the weight is dot-matrix printed on the bottom, not stickered. fall2012
limited run of recycled gold line pures released. december 2012
yesterday soft and hard zero released and are stamped as such.

original pure plastics were grip line and a stiff zero line.
years went by
opto pures came next. and a limited run of gold line. spring of 2012
grip line was discontinued.
tm2 was introduced and decided to be mass produced summer 2012
zero went oop and was replaced by eze (formerly known as tm2) late summer 2012
eze was discontinued and replaced again by zero line, but a softer blend than the original zero. same stamp as original zero pure. the weight is dot-matrix printed on the bottom, not stickered. fall2012
limited run of recycled gold line pures released. december 2012
yesterday soft and hard zero released and are stamped as such.
Geez what a saga lol. Thanks that is what I was looking for. So once I beat these to hell I will have to start trying out the hard and soft Zeros (assuming they keep these plastics for a couple of years).

I didn't realize the recycled GL's are limited edition.

Without true side by side comparison I always thought of the River as faster than the Diamond. But L64 calls the River a 7 and the Diamond an 8. I haven't looked up the measurements though.

I have been using a 168 opto vision for a faster diamond

Geez what a saga lol. Thanks that is what I was looking for. So once I beat these to hell I will have to start trying out the hard and soft Zeros (assuming they keep these plastics for a couple of years).

I didn't realize the recycled GL's are limited edition.

Well as x-outs build up at the factory they may do more RGL runs but Pures are going to be the most sought after RGL and will probably be the mold with the least amount of actual discs. Ex. They do 1500 RGL Rivers, but they may only do 500 RGL Pures. Either that or some disc whores swoop in and get em REAL quick.:thmbdown:

If someone has used the Slimjim bag from L64 please post what you think of it. Mostly wondering how durable it is and if there are any quirks to be wary of.

Last edited:
Quite a few people here in north Sweden seems to be happy with it.
But most of them only play during may-september.
Because of the meter deep snow in winter time.
Looks to be a lot better than many of the other starter bags.
Like the innova and discraft bags.
They don't last even one summer.
The strap on my weekender discraft bag broke after one ace race round. :/

If someone has used the Slimjim bag from L64 please post what you think of it. Mostly wondering how durable it is and if there are any quirks to be wary of.

I used it for a while, but then wanted something that could carry two putters in the putter well. It's a fine little bag for what it is. I still use it on a short 9 hole course here. I think the fade Lite is a better bag, but there's nothing wrong with the Slim Jim.

Just wanted to say I love Lat64 plastic. I'm still learning all the discs, but every one I've tried so far has been excellent in terms of grip, feel and release.

My favorite overall driver right now is the Vision. I got my only Ace with a Gold, gold line Vision on Hole 6 at Delaveaga Disc Golf course in Santa Cruz, about 375 feet downhill. I can throw a Vision nearly as far as I can throw my longer distance drivers, with little effort, and it is very easy to control.

I also loved the Saint I had, but I lost it.

I'm trying to River and Flow molds now.

I watched Dave Feldberg's "In the Bag" and want to try some of the Dynamic Disc and Westside options as well.

Just wanted to say I love Lat64 plastic. I'm still learning all the discs, but every one I've tried so far has been excellent in terms of grip, feel and release.

My favorite overall driver right now is the Vision. I got my only Ace with a Gold, gold line Vision on Hole 6 at Delaveaga Disc Golf course in Santa Cruz, about 375 feet downhill. I can throw a Vision nearly as far as I can throw my longer distance drivers, with little effort, and it is very easy to control.

I also loved the Saint I had, but I lost it.

I'm trying to River and Flow molds now.

I watched Dave Feldberg's "In the Bag" and want to try some of the Dynamic Disc and Westside options as well.

I havent been throwing for long and I have a TM River that Ive tried a few times that I just cant throw farther then my mids yet. I got a used opto river last week and its the first driver that I can actually throw farther them my mids. When I get if out right it just goes.