• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64: News, Updates, Discussion and Happenings

While youre at it, get some Sinus in opto or GL

On their Facebook page someone asked "Would the sinus be possible in opto air? I know you guys said opto would be too heavy." and Latitude 64 answered "We will try this the next time we produce the Sinus."

Soooo...someone point me in the direction of where to go to bug Latitude for a premium plastic Spike. Thanks.

They did a run of gl Spikes but ran into some problem.
They have fixed the problem but haven't been molding Spikes lately.
I believe they do quite large runs of each mold. Then it takes a long time before that mold is set up to make another run.

Yep, I just received a Facebook message saying the same thing. But they did mention Opto or GL remains a possibility, so we wait.

Lat got back to me super quick. Quite impressed. :thmbup:

I just read on a Lat64 fanpage on facebook that opto air Sinus was not possible.
Said they wish they could do it.

I guess and hope they will keep working on it.
There will be glow Lat64 out someday. Hopefully soon.

Saint or Striker vs. Opto River

I've recently developed some Swedish fever and the first discs I got were a GL Fuse(175) and GL River (170) with an Opto XXX (168) on the way.

I'm revamping my fairway drivers and was curious if an Opto River would be a good stable compliment to the GL or would I be better off with the Saint or Striker? I want something that can take a bit of wind, stay straight with reliable fade, kind of the Teebird slot, if you will.

Heavy Opto Striker or Saint are your closest bet. They aren't exactly like a Teebird, but depending on how you throw they will work. Rivers aren't great in wind so even a heavy Opto won't fair we'll in a stiff headwind. Maybe brand new with flashing it will feel Ok, but once it beats in a little it will turn and burn in a head wind.

I've recently developed some Swedish fever and the first discs I got were a GL Fuse(175) and GL River (170) with an Opto XXX (168) on the way.

I'm revamping my fairway drivers and was curious if an Opto River would be a good stable compliment to the GL or would I be better off with the Saint or Striker? I want something that can take a bit of wind, stay straight with reliable fade, kind of the Teebird slot, if you will.

Yes I would suggest an Opto Saint for sure and possibly a Striker depending on your power.

Also strikers really vary...maybe the new runs are more consistent.

We need Gold Line pearly minis.

That might actually be possible or in the works. DD made it known they wanted the pearly gold line look for their Fuzion line so you're starting to see new gold line runs look like they did a few years ago. :thmbup:

Yes I would suggest an Opto Saint for sure and possibly a Striker depending on your power.

Also strikers really vary...maybe the new runs are more consistent.

So would an Opto Saint say around 170 be good? I've heard they kind of act like Rivers. I'm not a power player by any stretch so would the Saint be better for that as well? I don't need it to handle stiff winds just go straight, the XXX will fight the harsher winds.

So would an Opto Saint say around 170 be good? I've heard they kind of act like Rivers. I'm not a power player by any stretch so would the Saint be better for that as well? I don't need it to handle stiff winds just go straight, the XXX will fight the harsher winds.
yes that would be great. the saint is more stable than the river and in opto it will be enough different to live in harmony with your river.

Need.165.Zero.Pures.

That is all

yes that would be great. the saint is more stable than the river and in opto it will be enough different to live in harmony with your river.

Groovy! I don't dig overlap and really try to keep things simple. What would a GL Saint bring to the table out of curiosity?

Groovy! I don't dig overlap and really try to keep things simple. What would a GL Saint bring to the table out of curiosity?

If you think of the straight line, with the River being able to be worked from the line and right, and the Opto Saint working from straight to left (depending on how you throw them), the GL Saint will be range right in the middle. You can turn it over, you can hyzer it (until it gets too beat in). But it won't get flippy unless you really OAT it, and it won't give you much stability unless you really meathook swing it.

That's my experience anyways. Different throwers will experience it differently, I'm sure. I throw an Opto Saint/GL River combo and the GL Saint just overlaps too much with both of them.

That might actually be possible or in the works. DD made it known they wanted the pearly gold line look for their Fuzion line so you're starting to see new gold line runs look like they did a few years ago. :thmbup:

I saw a proto GL Mercy mini on FB last week...coming soon.

Streets, if you go for a Striker, get a flat or flatter one. They seem to fly the way they were intended. The domey ones tend to be pretty OS. I had a very domey Opto Striker that thought it was a Firebird.:\ My flat GL is nothing like that one was. Its great.:thmbup:

Lat 64 are soon releasing a new mid.
Mace
Somewhere in between a Core and Pain it seems.
First in Gold line plastic and then in Zero hard.

Latest posts