• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 River

Waddly Hobbins

Eagle Member
Well the Lat 64 River has hit the shelves. Let's get the first impressions rolling.:popcorn:

I picked mine up today from Gotta Go Gotta Throw. I got a Pink 169g Opto River.

First off pre-flight inspection:
Optos were domier than the Goldlines yet not to an extreme. The dome on the one I got is a poppy top. Also this run of Opto seems much grippier than other runs I've felt, very yummy. I was divided on whether to get a goldline or opto, but the brighter pink available to opto sealed the deal. I love that latitude is actually making opto in easier to spot colors. :thmbup: Also for those wondering, the rim isn't as slanted as say the Halo or Riot, it is closer to a striker.

Testing in the field:
Holy glide machine Batman! You know the crazy glide we've been talking about on the Fuse? Slap that on a fairway driver and get ready for some really nice flights. I was testing it head to head with my 170g TP Cyclone (what I thought it may fly similarly to) and the River out performed every time. Thrown back to back I constantly out drove the Cyclone and it held better lines. I actually was kinda worried that some of my throws may go onto the side walk by the field I practice in with how long the disc was staying in the air. This disc isn't near as fast as my other distance drivers...but I am getting comparable distance just due to the glide.

I would have spent some more time with it...but it was getting dark and it was drizzling out. I will do some more heavy testing with it, but as of now I would say that it is similar in flight to the TP cyclones I've thrown but with a softer fade and more glide.

I wanna hear how the heavier Optos fly and how the gold line Rivers turned out.

n6z19x.jpg

nqzjms.jpg

xnfeph.jpg

Last edited:
Great minds think alike Waddly, 170g I bagged on saturday
Played sat afternoon and sunday with it. 99% of the optos they got were not opaque and I liked the bazooka gum look. BTW: your sticker says it's a 166g?

picture.php

Last edited:
I posted a short review on DGR..same result as you. It's almost comical how long this thing floats on a line at low speed.

WOW! I guess you are right El-Kabong. I meant to pick up a heavier one...I thought I had a 169...I must have had that one in my other hand when I put it back. DOH!:doh:

I had no idea it was a 166 until you pointed it out to me.... I seriously thought you were messing with me. I guess that gives me all the more reason to go buy a heavier one...:p

JRawk, I didn't play around with all the gold lines like I did the opto. From what I saw though...they didn't have as high of domes...they may have still been poppy...but again, I didn't play with them as much.

WOW! I guess you are right El-Kabong. I meant to pick up a heavier one...I thought I had a 169...I must have had that one in my other hand when I put it back. DOH!:doh:

I had no idea it was a 166 until you pointed it out to me.... I seriously thought you were messing with me. I guess that gives me all the more reason to go buy a heavier one...:p

3 grams ain't gonna bungle it for ya. Now when you get a max weight gold line you'll have the entire riparian watershed covered. For the record, the GL's out west were slightly less domey as well.

Kinda strange that LAT 64 has NO info on their site for the River (other than the Flight Chart). They must be in the middle of euro competition season. You'd think they'd at least let their web-dood in on it?!

I'm killing for one. How close would you rate the disc to their rating of it? I'm stoked for a slightly faster and glidier leopard :D

I have a champ Leopard that weighs 1 gram less than my opto River. They are very similar except the edge on the River is concave, similar to an eagle-x (see Waddly's profile photo in op). The River behaves a bit more stable than the Leopard but I didn't notice it being dramatically faster (but then 6 vs. 7 shouldn't be all that dramatic).

It went farther than my leopard, I do know that.

I dont know why I want a replacement for my leopards, but I love the idea of this disc and am looking forward to grabbing a few.

I have a champ Leopard that weighs 1 gram less than my opto River. They are very similar except the edge on the River is concave, similar to an eagle-x (see Waddly's profile photo in op). The River behaves a bit more stable than the Leopard but I didn't notice it being dramatically faster (but then 6 vs. 7 shouldn't be all that dramatic).

It went farther than my leopard, I do know that.

Like a faster Cheetah, maybe? Sounds like it is a bit undertable, but the concave wind is Cheetah-like. If it turns over, does it fade back or does it sometimes turn into a roller?

It is stable- for now.

It fades back out of a mild anny, but it's brand new. Don't know how long it'll keep that up.

The river has such a beautiful stable flight for me right now...just like El-Kabong I wonder what the disc will turn into after it gets broken in.

I think I may have to get an even more stable one to break into what this one is currently like. (man, I'm coming up with every reason possible to buy another)

PEOPLE GO BUY MORE RIVERS! We need to know how Light Vs. Heavy, Opto Vs. Goldine, and Domey Vs. Flat fly!!

well the general run with stuff that lat has put out has been

lighter weights tend to be less stable than their heavier counterparts
heavier weights tend to be more stable than their lighter weight counterparts
domey ones tend to be more stable anda bit slower
flats tend to be less stable and a bit faster
opto tends to be a bit more stable but usually there isnt much difference in the plastics flight. the other variations listed above have more of an effect on how they fly than the plastic itself.

also PLH has tends to have a determining factor on whats stable and understable.