• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Saint

indeed
I offered it up in your wanted thread in the MP
it is a nice looking disc...just not for me

the Air Halo and King work quite well for me...although eventually won't stay in the bag either as I throw Giants and Bolts

How did the Air Halo fly? What D were you throwing it?

it flies stable
will hold an anny for a while but will come out at the end

I did have one turn into a wind and not come out...the wind was from the right, I didn't give it enough height to come out

I've had some nice long straight fast flights from a slight hyzer flip

I never measured one off but I'd guess 360+ and perhaps just short of 400 on a really open throw

I'm not particularly familiar with the mold to be definitive but it seemed like a solid disc

if I was a Halo thrower I could see bagging it for open field distance

personally I'm waiting on the Air Giant

Hands down: Yellow Worlds Saint 175!!!

Straight as a arrow for short or long. Long anny as well.

Any of you throw them? All I know there's yellow and blue opto Worlds Saint. Is that true there's more yellow then blue worlds saint?

I also tried my wife's Air Saint 152 that had slight s-curve and really long that matched my Blizzard Boss distance during field test. Need good form to throw Air Saint.

How did the Air Halo fly? What D were you throwing it?

I am throwing it at about 330' of flat-release power and I love it. Flies straight as an arrow on a low line drive and finishes with about 10-20 ft of low speed turn at the end, depending on how high I threw it.

On good rips I do get a TINY bit of high speed turn, but not much. I am confident throwing it into a moderate headwind since its stability is superior to any Blizzard model I have thrown.

The Air Halo is a big success for Latitude in my opinion. The Air Saint, however, is just not noticeably better in calm conditions than a regular weight Saint and therefore has no spot for me. The Air King that I have is flippy as hell, but in tailwinds with a bit of hyzer release it works. I'm still experimenting with it in calm conditions and don't have a good enough grasp on it yet.

Still reach for my GL 173g Saint more often but on calm wind days, downhill, or wide open bomber holes I am starting to like my 147g Opto Air Saint. I have to throw it on a near 90degree hyzer angle but it bombs. The anny lines I can carve with that thing on a good throw are amazing. I've hit a few trees full power with it too and no marks and no notice of stability change. In fact it's seeming to get more stable as I use it more which is cool.

Still reach for my GL 173g Saint more often but on calm wind days, downhill, or wide open bomber holes I am starting to like my 147g Opto Air Saint. I have to throw it on a near 90degree hyzer angle but it bombs. The anny lines I can carve with that thing on a good throw are amazing. I've hit a few trees full power with it too and no marks and no notice of stability change. In fact it's seeming to get more stable as I use it more which is cool.

I agree with most of this except I don't throw a hyzer angle that is anywhere close to 90 degrees! I'm closer to 45 degree on my hyzer.

For discs available in multiple grades of plastic, the
ratings represent an average across the plastic
types.

it might be due to ^^^

the PD is available in Pro and will have what might be a similar flight to an Opto Saint

I don't know enough about the FD to speak about it

the PD is a bit more OS than the Saint which may explain the power requirement

but otherwise they are Spd 9 discs

Anybody noticed the updates on Joe's? The PD, FD, & Saint have the exact same numbers except the PD has a power req. of 5 & the other 2 are 4.

I also saw the Trak had a 5 power requirement, if I recall correctly, which I found odd.

I certainly wouldn't put the FD in the same distance range as the PD or Saint, that's for sure.

I actually like the air saint. For my power level, 225-250, I am getting an extra 30 to 50 feet distance with less effort. Got me my first 300 foot drive. I pulled my reg saint from the bag for the air version.

To me, the Saint appears to be Lat 64's Teebird rendition, albeit less stable. Looking closely and measuring the rim, the configuration(concavity, curvature, edge sharpness) between the two is identical, and the width is right at 1.8cm for both, despite claims of 1.9cm for the Saint, and some sources listing 1.7cm for the Teebird.

I own both, in champ and opto, and the Saint does not have better distance or glide than the Teebird. The Saint is NOT like the Diamond when it comes to glide.

The Saint is definitely straighter than the Teebird, with a later and more gradual fade.

Bottomline for me is that there's too much overlap to have both in the bag. Both very good discs, take your pick.

I love my opto saint. It isnt beating in as quickly as Id like. Thats a good thing for some, but I was looking for it to be my eagle x since I dont like EX feel. Time will tell but I think it will ba a winner.

I've been throwing teebirds for 5 years and know their stability. I got Worlds Saint few weeks ago and couldn't believe the straight line! I thought I might have scared Teebird. BUT Worlds Saint got lil beat and seems to get less stability and more understable when thrown flat. I can't get the straight line anymore and I tried to hyzer flip but stays overstable.

Both Teebird and Saint are definitely different animals. Teebird has longer stability then Saint so far in my experience. If Saint was in Star then the stability will stay in for long time.

I might have sweet spot for long anny with Worlds Saint that could battle with my beat S-TD.

I'm in love with my Saints, they've become my go-to driver for sure. They are also a great pair with my Leopards. I've added a Champ Banshee for flicks and tomahawks too. One line where I'm not completely confident with Saints is the fresh Teebird line, where you want the disc to fly straight down the fairway and then finish hard left in the end. If the hole is short, I can pull out my Banshee or JOKERi. But when I want to reach 300' with a healthy fade in the end, I'm a bit lost.

I currently carry three Saints: a 164g & a 173g GL and one 164g Opto. How beefy is a max weight Opto Saint? Does it fade more than a max weight GL? I prefer the feel of GL/TP in my drivers though.

at 300' a max wt opto Saint should do okay, but this is the reason I still carry TBs. My 173 Opto is pretty reliable and works in some winds, but doesn't fade like a good champ TB will. On low, hard shots it flips up and comes back only a little left. (~330')

Generally I have to give them the hyzer I want 'em to finish with.

I had a one for one comparison yesterday with my 6 month old Opto Saint and simmarly aged Star Teebird.

I'll restate something I've said in this thread in that to me they are very similar flight when thrown at different power levels. The saint feels designed to glide, to be put on a slightly hyzer line, flip up a flat and go for a while, either finishing with a slight fade or none depending on wind, power, hyzer, and form. When thrown lightly I can see the Teebird comparisons but when thrown with much power I would call it more a faster leopard type disc.

The Star Teebird as many have said is a power disc. It wants to be thrown with considerablely more power to fly straight over comparable distances. I got mine to take a perfect flight down my 500 foot driveway shot yesterday at dusk and it was a thing of beauty watching a Teebird lock into a dead straight line and disappear into the shadows almost an eight of a mile away ( now to find that disc today).

To throw the saint down that same hill would require hyzer and a definite light touch to not get a flip to the right. The Teebird was thrown flat with some power.

Latest posts