• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Saint

I'm in love with my Saints, they've become my go-to driver for sure. They are also a great pair with my Leopards. I've added a Champ Banshee for flicks and tomahawks too. One line where I'm not completely confident with Saints is the fresh Teebird line, where you want the disc to fly straight down the fairway and then finish hard left in the end. If the hole is short, I can pull out my Banshee or JOKERi. But when I want to reach 300' with a healthy fade in the end, I'm a bit lost.

I currently carry three Saints: a 164g & a 173g GL and one 164g Opto. How beefy is a max weight Opto Saint? Does it fade more than a max weight GL? I prefer the feel of GL/TP in my drivers though.

Hey Mambo, Millennium OLF's are a great compliment to Saints, and will have that late fade you are wanting. Quantum OLFs (champion plastic) are more overstable than Sirius (star) which are slightly more overstable than base Millennium (pro). So you can be like me and carry 2 saints (1 GL, 1 Opto) and 3 OLFs (Q, S and M) and have every shot covered at that speed rating.

Well I got a hold of a couple of Opto Saints. 1 is a 174 World's stamp (Bro D I have your money) and the other is a 172 Sparkle. I haven't thrown Teebirds or PDs in a while and I would put the Saint in between a beat TB and PD. I think it reminds me most of a lightly beat DX Eagle X that I have. It's an interesting disc. It could be used interchangeably with my beat Eagle Xs or X Avengers (not quite as long as the X Avengers though.) It does beg the question of what to bag.

It does however make an all Lat/Westside bag a lot easier for me now. I could easily pull out my Eagles and Leopards and do Saint/River instead. I just need a Lat/Westside replacement for my Polecat. mmmmmmmmmmmmm GL Polecats!!!

So I've been loving my two Opto Saints (169 and 173g) and am working on mastering them as my go to drivers, but in my secret santa this year I got a Volt I really want to try out. Anyone throw both or do they overlap too much? Would I be better served asking this in the Volt thread seeing as I know how the Saints fly already?

So I've been loving my two Opto Saints (169 and 173g) and am working on mastering them as my go to drivers, but in my secret santa this year I got a Volt I really want to try out. Anyone throw both or do they overlap too much? Would I be better served asking this in the Volt thread seeing as I know how the Saints fly already?
they do overlap especially in opto. The opto saint will be a tick more hss as the fade will be a little stronger. The feel between the two is really different so that may be enough to seperate them, but since throwing the volt my opto saints are out of the bag. That was a tough move because i love saints, but the volt is just as good if not better. I would also say that the glide is close but the volt can get out there easier than the opto saints

they do overlap especially in opto. The opto saint will be a tick more hss as the fade will be a little stronger. The feel between the two is really different so that may be enough to seperate them, but since throwing the volt my opto saints are out of the bag. That was a tough move because i love saints, but the volt is just as good if not better. I would also say that the glide is close but the volt can get out there easier than the opto saints

Crap, I may need to get more volts then. I won't be able to throw the one I got for long seeing as it's a storm trooper and winter's coming. Every time I think my bag is set, something else shows up that throws it into chaos. I just bought and traded for 6 Aviars and my darn secret santa :)D) sent me a Zero Mercy along with the volt that makes me want to ditch the aviars just on feel alone!:doh: Thanks for the quick answer!

Crap, I may need to get more volts then. I won't be able to throw the one I got for long seeing as it's a storm trooper and winter's coming. Every time I think my bag is set, something else shows up that throws it into chaos. I just bought and traded for 6 Aviars and my darn secret santa :)D) sent me a Zero Mercy along with the volt that makes me want to ditch the aviars just on feel alone!:doh: Thanks for the quick answer!

See.... I knew I could confuse you ;) :D

I'll second the comments about the QOLF being an excellent compliment to the Saint. Similar distance, but almost zero turn and more fade, and solid into a headwind. Mine are 1.2's, for reference.

QOLF is a great disc, especially in lighter weights. I have to laugh at the glide rating of "4"...they actually have superb glide. QOLF's are hard to find right now though.

I'll second the comments about the QOLF being an excellent compliment to the Saint. Similar distance, but almost zero turn and more fade, and solid into a headwind. Mine are 1.2's, for reference.

QOLF is a great disc, especially in lighter weights. I have to laugh at the glide rating of "4"...they actually have superb glide. QOLF's are hard to find right now though.
definately agree with this statement!!! Qolfs and saints like each other!!! I have a few 160s qolfs and love them!

So when ya gonna sell those saints? ;)

Last edited:
Ditto, tried the Volt...either I got one of the weird ones, or something. But it didn't match my 166g sparkle Opto Saint for pure ease, distance, and line shaping.

Still a Latitude fanboy through and through.

Ditto, tried the Volt...either I got one of the weird ones, or something. But it didn't match my 166g sparkle Opto Saint for pure ease, distance, and line shaping.

Always a Latitude fanboy through and through.

FTFY

But seriously, I feel the same way about my Saints. The one Volt I have flies nice, but it's nothing new under the sun.

Still a Latitude fanboy through and through.

I hated my Volt. I really wanted to like it because it would have been an upgrade of a disc from my TL but I just didn't fly the way I was expecting it to. Oh well, I got a good trade from it :clap:

So when ya gonna sell those saints? ;)

Probably never unless the Volt absolutely blows me away. I've gotten quite used to them and love the glide. The volt seems awesome but I haven't particularly loved any of the other MVP discs I've tried yet. I'll try it in a field a few dozen times and If I don't love it I'll clean it off and put it in the MP for more saints. White Volts for dyes trade like mad from what I've heard!

Saints are far and away my favorite mold right now, those and my warships. GL hyzer-flips for beautiful ~500' bombs in favorable winds, while my lighter opto is the smoothest turnover disc in my bag.