• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Scythe

Well, they missed it with the Blitz and again with the Villain. Maybe this is the one we're looking for.

A lot of the pros for trilogy throw the blitz, but i don't think it is very popular with the general public. so may be this is there attempt to replace it.

I love Lat 64, but sheeyit, is their lineup ever top heavy.

Blitz is quite popular with forehand throwers and others but not one of the bigger used molds. Villain is pretty popular. People can say what they want about overlap but like Streets said it's three companies releasing the molds they want to fill and their customers have asked most about. People complained all they did was release understable fairway drivers this year now they release a wildly overstable distance driver and it's just more of the same lol. That's just the way it is. You can't please everyone but there are going to be more releases from all three this year. Innova pushes out the tern, krait, dominator, etc and people eat it up. This really isn't anything new or exclusive to one company. :popcorn:

Giants and Villains are from different companies....remember that. Also they are about distance with some overstable flights. Just going off the numbers this is a fast, low glide, high over stability, forehand, overhand, spike hyzer, skip disc. A longer XXX/Trident but not a stiletto. Something a lot of people have asked for. Just saying.

Last edited:
Thanks for bringing us all back to reality all mighty Trilogy master.

Why didn't you start the OP?! ......slacker'

Thanks for bringing us all back to reality all mighty Trilogy master.

Why didn't you start the OP?! ......slacker'

Because you only gave me the DD title....:p

It's not something I'm going to need in my bag or have the chance to throw a tester of probably. Plus other people need a chance to stretch their fingers. This info was out like a month ago when it was announced it would be part of the BG Am player pack and released there early. I could've made a thread then if I wanted. I like to wait until I can have something tangible in hand to take blurry cell phone pics of or at least a good grasp of flight by someone who I trust that has thrown a proto. Don't have either with this disc. Let someone from Sweden do that. :thmbup:

It's nice and all, but lat should make new putters or something. Or new fairways that would be cool. Still can't wait to see the reviews on this.

At this point, Lat has 29 discs in production - 17 drivers, 4 mids, 4 putters, and 4 classified as "easy to use." There is going to be a point where we get some self-overlap, but with different feels.

I would say they could expand the mid lineup pretty safely, but everyone knows that drivers sell more than mids, so I don't really question their business acumen. I don't see a problem with more high speed overstable stuff, because I can just speak with my money and not buy one if it doesn't interest me.

At this point, Lat has 29 discs in production - 17 drivers, 4 mids, 4 putters, and 4 classified as "easy to use." There is going to be a point where we get some self-overlap, but with different feels.

I would say they could expand the mid lineup pretty safely, but everyone knows that drivers sell more than mids, so I don't really question their business acumen. I don't see a problem with more high speed overstable stuff, because I can just speak with my money and not buy one if it doesn't interest me.

Exactly. I have no need for a scythe and won't be getting one. They do have a mid in the trilogy challenge and I'm not so sure there won't be something given out by them at the GBO. We'll see. I doubt it's an OS driver either since the DD Enforcer is already part of the pack.

They could use a premium plastic meat hook like a Drone, or an OS putter like a Jokeri. Not big sellers, but would be cool additions. They've got lots of nice US, flippy drivers and a few OS drivers. That is covered. Now give us some mids and putters. IMO the Opto Pure worked out OK after years of out bitching. :D

Want to feel the rim, but if the stats are accurate I'll probably end up getting one.

I've seen someone call it a destroyer but the glide rating doesn't gel with that comparison. I could see the 0/4 being more like an innova -1/3 but that doesn't take into effect the low glide rating and make sense. I think it would likely compare more to the Xcal. Same person thought the Sorcerer was just like a Bolt and I didn't agree with that comparison so I wouldn't rush to assume it's anything like a destroyer yet.

10003538_629303787124401_711059682_n.jpg

Why oh why would they ever use that Bleeding Cowboys font. EVER. :doh:

Love the image and the name.. The font.. Eh. As far as needing goes, the villain is not fighting through 25+ Midwest headwinds. I refuse to throw westside, so the giant is out, the stiletto is too much beef. I'm very excited for this disc. Even with the low glide, it's lat. I bet you could still get some distance on a disc like this.