• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Scythe

onemilemore

* Ace Member *
It's been floating around the Facetubes for a couple hours, and no thread here yet? Tsk, tsk Latitude fans.

10003538_629303787124401_711059682_n.jpg

From the announcement:

We have PDGA approval for the latest addition to the Latitude 64° collection of drivers, the Scythe. It will slice through the air like a sharp scythe slices through grass. This is an overstable and very reliable high speed driver produced for the experienced players that need a disc to deliver both speed and control. Pick one up and go harvest some more birdies today!

hoping this falls closer to the lines of a firebird honestly

XXX never really clicked for me, it is just weird

hoping this falls closer to the lines of a firebird honestly

XXX never really clicked for me, it is just weird

Says "high speed" but thats an ambiguous term nowadays

From the pic, the wing doesnt seem to be crazy big, IF, what ime seeing is wing meeting flightplate and not light or something

from the site.

Speed 12, Glide 3, Turn 0, Fade 4

seriously? this is a joke, right?

maybe that's a bit harsh, but it just seems the market is starting to become reeeeeeeally saturated. i could see possibly using it in GL as a destroyer replacement because it won't be 0/4, maybe it will be in opto.

but then again with a glide rating of 3 i fail to see how it would do in that spot. the villain is just a little shorter in all likelihood, the stilletto is faster and more OS. i guess i can see where it fits but we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out.

Last edited:
yeaaaa, ill toss one but i think it will overlap with the giant/villian a little bit...

I could see a few reasons for this disc i suppose. Giants arent always OS enough, for players who want a smaller rimmed yet still nasty OS disc (assuming were talking about the true meaning of OS and not the Lat/WS meaning ala saint-escape-stag-king etc)

Also, you are all assuming that Lat/DD/WS are all one company, so their lineups need to never overlap. They are separate companies with separate lines.

Did the Xcal stop Discmania from having the PD2 made? Nope.

Also, you are all assuming that Lat/DD/WS are all one company, so their lineups need to never overlap. They are separate companies with separate lines.

Did the Xcal stop Discmania from having the PD2 made? Nope.

True as well.

I remember Feldberg say that Lat was going to release a disc that was going to replace his Giants. I am guessing that this is it. A Lat Giant

I remember Feldberg say that Lat was going to release a disc that was going to replace his Giants. I am guessing that this is it. A Lat Giant

He also said something about a big bead putter from Lat as well.

Well, they missed it with the Blitz and again with the Villain. Maybe this is the one we're looking for.

Well, they missed it with the Blitz and again with the Villain. Maybe this is the one we're looking for.

I actually like the Blitz, but realize I'm in the minority. This has the same flight numbers as the Blitz but probably won't have that weird rim config. Supposed to be flat topped too, so might work for people who don't like the dome of the Giant.

My guess is this will be more stable then a Villain, Blitz or Giant.

Between a Giant and Stiletto is my guess. Stiletto is such a hog, I think they decided to tone it down a notch to see how it goes.

I for sure see the need for some people who throw Giants and Stilettos to look for a disc like this.