• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Spike...any thoughts/opinions?

khanman9449

Still on the quest to find the optimal putter. I love the feel of the XD, but it seems to lack in grip. I hear the Spike may be as shallow, and it has those grip pads. Does anyone have experience with the two discs? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

my main putters are grip line spikes. They are a little slick but i think they have a great feel and grip. the grip pads on the grip line arent actually very grippy but do give you good grip in wet weather. if you like a grippier feel the zero line is super grippy.

It's definitely a great disc and is in my bag. If I get mad at my Pure, I go to my Spike. :)

i have been using XD's since i started and i love them. just got a zero line spike and i really like it. very similar feel in the hand but obviously with more grip. putting line is a little different since it's more stable but you can still turn it over pretty easy on a longer shot.
they feel the same but fly different.

i don't really care for the grip zones. i really like the grip on the rest of the plastic. the zones are a bit much but i imagine they're really good for when it's wet.

definitely worth trying out if you like the XD.

Looks and feels just like an XD but with the great latitude plastic. Try one.

so whatre the ratings on these discs? im lookin at a bunch of different putters to try out...for latitude tho, im lookin at the 'spike' in grip plastic....opinions? any first hand experiences?

I'm not trying to one-up today's amazing thread resurrection, I promise...

However, in my search for info about the Spike, most of the threads have involved pointless banter, or "Get a Pure." Well, I have a Zero Spike on the way and am curious to know a little more about it. I am in putter crisis mode, which means trying a bunch of new stuff for in the circle to get my mojo back. Anyone using the Spike as their main putter?

If your looking for something with similar flight path to the XD try out the Magic in whatever grip you like. Gateway hands down has the best plastics. As for the spike this guy I play with really likes his and swears by it. It really comes down to what feels good in your hand and what produces. I suggest getting a putter and sticking to it though. The more intimate you become with your putter the better you will be in the long run. Good luck in your quest for a putter.

I'm not trying to one-up today's amazing thread resurrection, I promise...

However, in my search for info about the Spike, most of the threads have involved pointless banter, or "Get a Pure." Well, I have a Zero Spike on the way and am curious to know a little more about it. I am in putter crisis mode, which means trying a bunch of new stuff for in the circle to get my mojo back. Anyone using the Spike as their main putter?

I use the spike as my main putter. Compared to the other putters I use to use, it is either slightly faster or has a little more glide. For the most part, I make 60% of my putts from around 30 ft. From 30-40 the spike has had better chances of making it.

Here are my other putters and why I don't use them any more

Challenger-deep rim caused me to release late at times
Rhyno-change in plastic and I didn't want to spend $$ to find new ones
Zone-too overstable
Ringer-need better plastic. Proto ringers were it but they are $$ when trying to find backups
Pure-I could go back to these if needed. I just like my putters to be a little soft and gummy
Spike-softer and feels better in my hand

I use the spike as my main putter. Compared to the other putters I use to use, it is either slightly faster or has a little more glide. For the most part, I make 60% of my putts from around 30 ft. From 30-40 the spike has had better chances of making it.

Here are my other putters and why I don't use them any more

Challenger-deep rim caused me to release late at times
Rhyno-change in plastic and I didn't want to spend $$ to find new ones
Zone-too overstable
Ringer-need better plastic. Proto ringers were it but they are $$ when trying to find backups
Pure-I could go back to these if needed. I just like my putters to be a little soft and gummy
Spike-softer and feels better in my hand

Thanks Plankeye. I know they are a little faster and have more glide than other putters, so I am curious to see how it works in the circle for me. I am nowhere near as accurate as you are from 30 feet, but I am just needing a change of pace.

Glad to hear this! I have one on its way...can't wait to try it out. Guessing the shallow rim is a nice feel?

Yeah, it's more shallow than the Pure (at least it feels that way to me) and is easy to control. If you don't like yours, you know where to come! :thmbup:

I threw the spike as my only putter for like a year and a half. I never have liked how the pure feels (the rim mostly). Basically the spike is fast for a putter. I initially changed to it b/c it felt like i was making more longer putts with it. Im sure its because its so fast that you get a little more distance with less effort. So making putts 35 ft+ were just a little easier with the Spike.

I personally ended up changing to the Ion/anode combo simply cause i couldnt get the consistency for closer putts. I made more long ones with the spike but couldnt get the consistency for closer ones. The spike might come back into the bag though, great disc. I havent liked the feel of any disc more than i like the spike.

Latest posts