• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Latitude 64/Westside - Fall '12 - Summer '13 "What are you waiting for?"

What are you waiting for from Latitude 64/Westside?

• Opto Air/VIP Air Plastic (various molds - lightweights)

Votes: 22 23.4%
  • Soft EZE Plastic putters

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • EZE Plastic mids and drivers

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Gold Line regular production putters (GL Pure, GL Spike, etc.)

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Upcoming molds from Westside!!!!

Votes: 34 36.2%
  • Other... you tell us!

Votes: 9 9.6%

• Total voters
hey mark...how much different is that sdgo gl pure ,stability and feel,compared to an opto pure? i love my optos but have been eyeballin gl pures. just cant justify paying that price for some stamp

to be honest Rick I don't see a world of difference.
the GL is perhaps slightly flatter...so you could expect slightly less stable than an Opto

but the SDGO yellows are, IMO, quite Glopto...firm like Opto (unlike the flex you can feel in a GL), not "see through" like a regular Opto (although the Opto Pures aren't really all that clear anyway), but there is more light passing through them than on your typical GL disc

bottom line on the yellows I don't think there is that much difference from my yellow Opto Pure

for me they are almost interchangeable

I have ordered one of the silver "proto" GLs but I don't have it yet
my hope on that one is that they are more like a typical GL and slightly softer and a touch less stable

my honest suggestion at this point in time is get a current GL ONLY if you must have an early run at this stage

DON'T get one if you are looking for a different flight and feel
(and my only caveat there is that I can't yet speak about the silver GL)

gotcha..yeah i was hoping for them to be less stable and the typical gl blend. the silvers did look more of that blend,the yellows look just like the sdgo's.the pure in my bag is a glopto creamsicle and its as stable as my other pinks so id imagine that the yellow gl protos are the same. i might just wait..hopefully itll be soon.

Booter, if you are ever in SA, drop me a note and I'll let you try mine out. Doesn't look like I'll be in Austin area any time soon, though that can change quickly.

My GL Pure seems less stable than my Optos. It may be my bad form, but it feels very similar to an Opto Fuse. I tend to turn it over easier than the Optos. It's close, but I think I might actually prefer the Optos at this point. But I've only thrown the Capt America GL I got from Dynamic Discs. I have a few Worlds GLs that I haven't thrown so I don't know of they are all the same. They look and feel the same though.

is your GL Pure slightly flatter (less domed) than your Opto?

that would account for a touch less stability

Yes. The Worlds ones I have seem flatter too. I like them, but for tee shots the Opto seems more reliable for me.

Good to see Westside coming out with some FW drivers. I'd still like to see Lat come out with something slower than the Saint/River/Striker category, something with a speed 6-7 rim. My Eagles need Swedish competition.

although different it seems to me that the Underworld is a more understable take on the River
same for the Tursas re Fuse

the Stag...might be a take on the Saint or perhaps the Striker
the flight ratings on the Stag don't really appear to be "similar" to the Saint

but IIRC the Stag flight ratings were what was initially suggested for the Saint
(prerube can search for that for me)

Aren't Westside's ratings usually a touch high? If so, that Stag might be a slightly slower and more stable Saint. Another Eagle or Teebird type attempt maybe. I'll probably grab one. Then brotherdave will borrow it and probably throw it 100' farther than me. :(

hmmmmm

this does not appear to have been posted yet but discgolfsweden has the following flight ratings for this disc

Speed 8
Glide 6
HSS 0
LSS 3

so even though a 1.9cm wing it is apparently a Spd 8 (maybe a thicker nose profile?)
0 turn would be solid as would the 3 fade
and if it does have that extra glide while being truly HSS of 0 then perhaps this might be a great disc after all

this was an early post that I made in Kabong's Saint thread
as stated I took those numbers from discgolfsweden

do they look familiar? cough stag cough

So I just acquired a Silver GL Pure Premiere Stamped in a trade. I can't wait to throw it!

I had voted for GL Pures and poof* I was lucky enough to get one...

Since EZE mids/drivers and soft EZE putters seem to be on hold at the moment,

I will switch my vote to an Opto Air Saint! I expect them to be available very soon, probably within the next two weeks.

After I acquire that, then IT IS ON with those Westside molds... because I am addicted to these companies and that requires me to at least try them out.

Goldline Spikes! After emailing Tomas many times to thank Latitude for the awesome plastic they have bestowed upon the public, I started bugging him about when we'd see the other putters (Sinus's and Spikes) in a premium plastic. His response made me fart with happiness. Apparently they will start molding the Spike in Goldline this winter (they tried earlier but they had issues with the mold). He said that they had never tried an Opto Sinus but was intrigued by the idea and stated the next time the brew up some Sinus's they'd try it out.

Goldline Spikes would be the best driving putter ever. I may even start replacing my midranges with them since they go soooo far for a putter. Opto Sinus would be the most rootin-tootinest meathook putter ever. Can we say something to compete with the Rhyno and Zone? I can't wait. I'm salivating on my keyboard as we speak.

Goldline Spikes! After emailing Tomas many times to thank Latitude for the awesome plastic they have bestowed upon the public, I started bugging him about when we'd see the other putters (Sinus's and Spikes) in a premium plastic. His response made me fart with happiness. Apparently they will start molding the Spike in Goldline this winter (they tried earlier but they had issues with the mold). He said that they had never tried an Opto Sinus but was intrigued by the idea and stated the next time the brew up some Sinus's they'd try it out.

Goldline Spikes would be the best driving putter ever. I may even start replacing my midranges with them since they go soooo far for a putter. Opto Sinus would be the most rootin-tootinest meathook putter ever. Can we say something to compete with the Rhyno and Zone? I can't wait. I'm salivating on my keyboard as we speak.
This post is pleasing to me. Spike was my very first putter ever. I would love one in Opto/Gold line.

You forgot to add to the poll.
"Waiting for 150 class current molds in Gold line and Opto plastic!!!"

I'm not talking about making discs that only come in 150 class, AKA-Diamond, Ruby, Pearl. I would like to see GL and Opto Rivers, Saints, Flows, Visions and so forth in sub 160g.

Lat64/Westside We demand 150's!!!

Latest posts