• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lawrence Tech disc golf course

jasono2009

Just noticed they put in an 18 hole disc golf course around campus. It wasn't there on Monday but it's there today. Will try to upload a course map. I don't see any tee pads as of yet but they are new baskets. Anyone know of any further information?

New course in Southfield? Nice find!! I'll be calling Lawrence Tech tomorrow for info and probably make a trip down there.

I called, and heres the info I got. There are two separate nine hole courses just installed. Maps for both courses are available at the field house. But when I asked if it was open to the public, she said "not really, it's mainly for the students". So i'm not sure if that means its private or not, but i'll probably risk it on the next nice day. I would have tried to get more info, but she sounded like she didn't want to talk to me anymore after I asked if it was a public course, lol.

I hope you get a chance to play it before me, and if so, please give some details! ;)

LTU

I still don;t believe this course exists. I can;t find any information online. Can someone take some pics or something. To try to have a private student course would be ridiculous. Take a page out of OU's playbook.

Anywho, I want to play a new course...... who doesn't.

southfield! i was just saying that there was a real lack of courses in the southfield/farmington hills area.

maybe i'll hit it up tomorrow.

thanks for reviewing it. i didnt get a chance to play today :(

what would you rate it if it had tees and maybe some signage?

also from what you describe it sounds like a weekend course.
or does ltu have weekend classes too?

Last edited:
thanks for reviewing it. i didnt get a chance to play today :(

what would you rate it if it had tees and maybe some signage?

also from what you describe it sounds like a weekend course.
or does ltu have weekend classes too?

If this course had any type of tee markers and signs, the most I could rate it is still like a 2 or 2 1/2. The design is just flawed in too many ways.

And yeah, I say it's probably a weekend course, unless you know your not gonna shank your throws. There were classes when I went on Saturday, but not too many cars in the parking lots.

I would highly recommend that you don't go unless the "field house" is open, so you can get a map. With out a map you probably won't have a very good time.

Last edited:
I'm gonna be out that way for a board exam in a few days, but I think I'll skip it until they get some signage + tees. Always nice for the DG community's options to keep growing, though. :thmbup:

i played the first 8, course is still a bit rough. the land has plenty of elevation, but makes little use of it. moving tees would turn some boring flat holes (#2, #7) into cass benton holes easily.

there is some danger of tossing one on the service drive (or even onto northwestern hwy) or 10 mile along those two holes. not much can be done about it aside from losing those holes.

campus seemed pretty quiet on sunday afternoon. maybe its a weekend course ?

cool! As an LTU Alum, I feel compelled to check this out!

Latest posts