• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ledgestone 2017

*opens thread*

*reads last two or three pages*

*closes thread*

eHE37se.gif

There's this great story out of Germany from a few years back. The police got a call about a computer being thrown out of a window. They came to investigate, talked to the guy on the other side of the window and concluded that it was justified. Case closed. Probably an urban myth but still.

Innova gave me a replacement skirt and top for my Skillshot once, completely free. Am I a sponsored player now? :\

Uhhh, you chose to respond without even addressing a single point I made in my statement. You might as well have said, "your mama!" It wouldn't have been any different. I thought forums like these were for spirited discussion, opinions, and discourse back-and-forth.

You said:

araytx said:
Attaboy. It's not the baskets at all.

Now let's try the StrokeSavers.

Alll I was asking for (in albeit a rather silly way) is a little clarification on what in the world you are talking about. For example, I have no idea what you mean by strokesavers.

Wow. Go throw some plastic - or something relaxing...you seem tense. Not every comment on the internet needs to be taken personally.

We need a mod in here to change this to the whiney bitches thread.

If any of the pros don't like the tourney they should not show up. All I see is a guy busting his ass to raise serious money for them.

If you don't like it as a spectator don't watch. If you think tourneys should be ran better go run one.

The worst part of watching this tourney is the race to be outraged by all the idiots complaining.
I think you went all the way to the other extreme man. I see both sides. But I'm analytical like dat

...I just don't believe that the parameters of "perfect" are ever going to be unanimously agreed upon.

For example, I would like to see that sweet spot be limited to throws that are not going too fast. Putting fast reduces the amount of skill it takes to be accurate.

Here is how the holes performed.

attachment.php

What I like about this is that all the holes contributed, and no single hole dominated the final results.

What is of some concern is that many of the holes allocated their scores only a little better than random luck. A hole that can't sort better than 75% of all possible ways of allocating scores is something to investigate.

For the 2 par tw…excuse me! "must get" holes 7 and 11, the reason is probably because they just didn't have many scores to hand out. However, holes 3 and 4 were giving out plenty of different scores, just without a lot of regard for the skill of the player. Here's hole 3.

attachment.php

Hole 1 was the strongest performer. However, it could have been better. More high scores of 5 and above were being given out to the lower skilled players as they should. However, whether that high score was a 5 or a 6 or a 7 did not vary much by the skill of the player. In other words, the extra throws above 5 were kind of random. In fact, if the maximum score on the hole had been capped at 5, the hole would have been significantly more effective. Here's hole 1.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Eureka2017Cont.png
    Eureka2017Cont.png
    67.4 KB · Views: 267
  • Hole01Xray.png
    Hole01Xray.png
    42.2 KB · Views: 266
  • Hole03Xray.png
    Hole03Xray.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 362
Haha. I figured someone would dig it up. Well done sir!

We all make mistakes in our past, I hope the disc golf community can just forgive me for my poor Xmas Eve decisions. HAHAHA.

No man, that is AWESOME. So much win. :thmbup:

So cool to see Uli do well. Also his interview on smashboxx was awesome. Around the 3 hr 23 min mark they start to discuss the players who whined and complained about the course. He said tons of good stuff and the entire interview was great. But it was his 6 word statement that had me rolling. He said "learn how to throw a shot" that was such a perfect thing to say.

Last year Dana V. came on here and said Kolling was signing with Innova. I spent way too much time calling him out cause there was no evidence. I was wrong and had to apologize to Dana for being a donkey. Given that experience, I think I'll wait and see on Josh.

Some players keep things for their own good reasons. So do some teams.

Maybe the lesson to be learned here, is don't share news that isn't yours to share, unless you've been given permission to do so.

Most people who do such things are just trying to stroke their own ego and make themselves look cool, and/or "in the know".

You said:

Alll I was asking for (in albeit a rather silly way) is a little clarification on what in the world you are talking about. For example, I have no idea what you mean by strokesavers.

Wow. Go throw some plastic - or something relaxing...you seem tense. Not every comment on the internet needs to be taken personally.

WOW ... Oh, OK Dave, I understand now. I am very sorry. I was assuming the way you came back at me about my concerns with the baskets, that you were a) defending the Chainstars and said the issue was on the players (i.e., you were disputing the argument several of us put forward that the basket was more of an issue than Rick's putting), and b) that you were speaking from a knowledge of all the various models of baskets.

My attaboy comment was in response to your comeback (post #278) to my contention about the baskets (post #275, particularly my last part). I apologize now seeing that you didn't understand part of what I was saying ... at that moment your post #275 seemed snarky. So I am genuinely sorry for the comeback.

Just to let you know, I guess being an older player, I sometimes assume others know the history of our sport like I do, but obviously that's not always the case. Fyi, StrokeSaver was a manufactured basket, the basket for a long time for anybody who couldn't get one of the DGA models originally designed by Steady Ed. The company (I think) got bought out, I'm not sure if it was Innova or DGA (they were the only ones making baskets in the 90s). Some people speculate that when the DiscCatcher was designed, it was the new and improved StrokeSaver. I know a few courses here in Texas still have StrokeSaver baskets -- Snow Farm for example, check out the pics if you want.

No way is Ed in the DGCR landfill. Guys like me end up in landfills. Ed is where he should be, incorporated into a fine subset of flying discs.

I didn't mean Steady Ed was in a landfill.

(Side note: don't they throw a disc made with some of his ashes at the Steady Ed Memorial?)

I didn't mean Steady Ed was in a landfill.

(Side note: don't they throw a disc made with some of his ashes at the Steady Ed Memorial?)

I knew what you meant, I was havin' fun. There's a whole line of collectable putters.

Maybe the lesson to be learned here, is don't share news that isn't yours to share, unless you've been given permission to do so.

Most people who do such things are just trying to stroke their own ego and make themselves look cool, and/or "in the know".

Unfortunately, that's how I treated it. It's clear Kolling and Dana had an understanding. Yes, I truly was a donkey.

Latest posts