• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Legacy Clutch plastic

kyledstauffer

Eagle Member
Anybody have time to review the clutch after playing with it for bit? I took mine out today and generally I like the flight. I felt like it held just about any line I put it on. However, after only two rounds with it (normal rounds...nothing out of the ordinary). The plastic looks like it's been through a war. Anybody else?

Bottom line, I like the disc but I want it in new plastic.

Pics of the battle scars? It could be like Gateway's plastic which beats up real fast initially and then almost stops showing any more wear.

I've thrown mine for about 6 rounds and not a dent, I threw my F2 hammer and ace and that plastic was junk. I also agree that it holds any line so far.

Tried to take some pics and they all cam out fuzzy...my camera has a hard time focusing on the edge of discs. Let's just say it has several significant nicks and scratches after less than 25 holes of putting and I'm a push putter....I don't throw that hard

What color are you using for your Clutch? The white ones look way more beat up faster then any of the other colors. I have been using mine for almost a month and they looked really beat up fast but have stopped looking worse.

I threw my Clutch only at the Legacy Ace Run and it was pretty beat up after only 30 some odd drives.

What color are you using for your Clutch? The white ones look way more beat up faster then any of the other colors. I have been using mine for almost a month and they looked really beat up fast but have stopped looking worse.

Mine's orange with an oilslick stamp. Right now I'd say it's beating in faster than dx, but hopefully it will tail off soon

My Black has a few surface scratches but no dents or peel back.

I have a teal and a sickly green putter. I've taken them out for a few holes and a bunch of practice putts. Same deal for me, very superficial damage.

The plastic is pretty firm and I've noticed my middle finger hurts a bit on longer putts just before I release it due to where I'm gripping it.

Mine scuffed up quite a bit at sylmar yesterday. White from the Ace Run. I was throwing alot of putts at the practice basket and 9's basket which was on the island, so it took a fair few cement scuffs.

As to the fuzzy pictures, put your camera in macro mode and get up close.

A good friend of mine is a legacy dealer and we noticed it beat up pretty fast too. We played about 20 holes with them and at the end there was some significant damage. I'm not a premium plastic putter kind of guy, but I'd be willing to try the clutch in pinnacle plastic when it's released.