• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy's 6th release the RIVAL, its coming

OK, just got my first one of these because of how much I love my Patriot. After throwing it, and both feeling and examining the rim/wing, is this not literally a Teebird? Does/did Innova ever mold Legacy's discs? I mean, it even has that odd lip/bead on the leading edge.

OK, just got my first one of these because of how much I love my Patriot. After throwing it, and both feeling and examining the rim/wing, is this not literally a Teebird? Does/did Innova ever mold Legacy's discs? I mean, it even has that odd lip/bead on the leading edge.

I thought it was pretty much agreed upon that Legacy just flat out copied the Roc/Teebird/Destroyer to start off with Ghost/Rival/Outlaw.

I really have a hard time deciding which I like more, an Icon Rival or Star Teebird. They season just a bit different.

Technically the Rival is a 18mm rim and the Teebird is a 17mm. But I would tend to agree- I think they are basically interchangeable. They feel and fly completely the same to me.

My calipers show three Pinnacle Rivals to actually have a slightly more narrow rim than a Star Teebird.

I love the way my FR Icon Rivals beat in. Easy to turn and with reliable fade,and a little more D than the average fairway driver.

Im still using T3's and TB's in that spot, but Ill be danged if the flight of a FR Icon Rival aint pretty.

I pretty sure that the rival came out more similar to a Tbird3. My soft icon rivals have been perfect for the autumn bag.

Because I don't play much in the colder months I figured I would never break those in to a point where they would start to hyzer flip for me. A good thing for carving tight lines that need to finish straight or a hair anny.

The icons are stable and perfect in that manner. I recently bought two gstar tbird3's for that beat in rival slot. The soft icons and gstar make for an ideal autumn fairway for stable to slightly less stable slot.

Now that I have been testing the tbird3 and rivals side by side for a few weeks now, my two cents-their identical!

I bought a Pinnacle Rival from DGC black Friday. I was looking for a premium plastic replacement for DX Teebirds. It was love at first throw with the Rival. Dead straight with a nice forward fade at the end. Just what I was looking for. Now I want to order a Patriot to see how it flies compared to my Leopards.

I bought a Pinnacle Rival from DGC black Friday. I was looking for a premium plastic replacement for DX Teebirds. It was love at first throw with the Rival. Dead straight with a nice forward fade at the end. Just what I was looking for. Now I want to order a Patriot to see how it flies compared to my Leopards.

Careful, you'll be after Legend and Pinnacle Pats in no time.

I have some sexy Patriots I never throw any more, but I can't bear to take them to Play it Again...I guess they will just live on the wall forever more.

I got a 5 year glow and liked it so much after a short night field session that I ordered two more last night. It's starting off just a half tick more stable that my well seasoned hyzer flip, sweet spot silver legend. About the same HSS but a tick more LSS right now so it didn't get push around in the <10mph wind. Gonna have some wiggle/flip once broken in and nice skips compared to my softer legend. For reference, 340' on golf lines with very little fade downwind.

Cons: glow was just ok

Do y'all think Legacy will ever run any in the swirly Pinnacle like the first few years again? Or is the best plastic since 11x Champion OOP forever?

Do y'all think Legacy will ever run any in the swirly Pinnacle like the first few years again? Or is the best plastic since 11x Champion OOP forever?

I recently bought three glow 5 yr rivals and they're 100%, totally covered with capillaries of pearl. It's not big streaks of flowing plastic like my legend and other pinnacle but the depth and shimmer is easy to admire.

I commented earlier that I had two other glows on the way. The two pink glows have the same PLH as the first pink glow but both have a touch more dome. The domey ones are less HSS and LSS stable and easy out of the box stable straight fliers. I'm dropping the least stable glow in the bag for some winter rounds in the woods. They're almost as stiff as my "wings" FR rival, which I like for control and skips.

I'm going to find a spot in the bag for the new glow 5yr rival.

At dubs today, I had a 330' less than 5' high bullet that popped up and tracked less than 5' laterally the entire flight. There was a slight 7mph helping tailwind so I aimed 15' right of the 310' basket. It just popped up and rode, maybe I gave it some extra gas but she straight. I really like the glow rival for flicks too. At 200' power a flat sidearm release gets no turn. A 270' less than 10' wide flex flick glides long enough to fade back to neutral. Holds a great sweeping hyzer too and that extra D has netted what I used to call a couple holes 'bonus birdies' are now in range without having to stall out a crushed wide rimmed distance driver.

Winter fairway setup OS to US; course dictates which make the bag

7/10 11xFB>6/10 11xFB>6/10 VIP Longbowman>6/10 11xTB>6/10 Pinnacle Rival>5/10 Glow Eagle>8/10 Glow Rival>5/10 Legend Rival>5/10 Biofusion Escape>5/10 Tournament Hatchet

Surprised I'm not seeing any chatter about the Drew Gibson Phantom Warrior. Anybody had the opportunity to toss these around yet? What "changes" did they make?

Surprised I'm not seeing any chatter about the Drew Gibson Phantom Warrior. Anybody had the opportunity to toss these around yet? What "changes" did they make?

I've been told they're a stable run of Rival, not the really overstable clear "new pinnacle" but maybe a strong wind fighter out of the box that most Rivals I've thrown aren't best at.

BTW, I'm now only carrying a small Juju Voodoo this year and some sexy Legacy plastic has earned a few spots namely a Silver Surfer Outlaw, my original aqua Pinnacle "Wings" Rival, a beat to turnover/hyzer flipper Silver Surfer Legend Rival, a seasoned Glow Phenom for everything under stable and tailwinds, and a Silver Surfer or Icon blue Gauge sometimes for in the woods sweeping hyzers, holding anhyzers and late turn hyzerflips.

Any love for the newest runs of Legend Slime Rivals? I just picked one up from the Legacy Pro Shop and should be here next week. Just wondering what to expect.