• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lemon Lake

looking4owls

Bogey Member
What's the draw here? I attempted to play all 4 courses in July and due to their lack of signs and navigability I didn't play any of them. They're ranked high, and from afar they seem to be great, but what's the deal with this park?

What's the draw here? I attempted to play all 4 courses in July and due to their lack of signs and navigability I didn't play any of them. They're ranked high, and from afar they seem to be great, but what's the deal with this park?

Signs and navigability are more than adequate at LL.

I'm guessing you were there during the setup for Worlds when they had altered layouts for that tournament. In that case, yes, the layouts could be a bit confusing and had temporary signage.

Signs and navigability are more than adequate at LL.

I'm guessing you were there during the setup for Worlds when they had altered layouts for that tournament. In that case, yes, the layouts could be a bit confusing and had temporary signage.

That explains it. I need to get back over there.

How are the courses? Which is better than the others?

That explains it. I need to get back over there.

How are the courses? Which is better than the others?

The courses are very solid. Gold/Silver is by far the best, but both red and blue aren't too far behind. Blue has more of an open feel (while still having several wooded holes) and greater distances than the Red course (which is a bit more technical).

White is a fun warm-up/cool-down round without being completely mindless.

If you make the trip back out, playing Gold is the priority in my opinion.

Hope that helps! :)

The courses are very solid. Gold/Silver is by far the best, but both red and blue aren't too far behind. Blue has more of an open feel (while still having several wooded holes) and greater distances than the Red course (which is a bit more technical).

White is a fun warm-up/cool-down round without being completely mindless.

If you make the trip back out, playing Gold is the priority in my opinion.

Hope that helps! :)

Hey Jukeshoe, you seem to know the area pretty well. We are thinking about heading to LL for a summer fling. Mostly a spoiled bunch, with women in tow. Any nice resort type places near here. Golf resort, ski resort.... Someplace with restaurants on site, a nice pool to wash of the sun tan lotion and off.

Hey Jukeshoe, you seem to know the area pretty well. We are thinking about heading to LL for a summer fling. Mostly a spoiled bunch, with women in tow. Any nice resort type places near here. Golf resort, ski resort.... Someplace with restaurants on site, a nice pool to wash of the sun tan lotion and off.

Nice? No.

And this is the Midwest. There are no ski resorts around these parts - only a couple of bunny hills.

I'm borderline vagrant myself, so...:| :| :|

In northwestern Indiana?! BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

You really aren't going to find much in the way of resorts per se in the area however I think I see what you are after and I am going to recommend snooping around the Lake Michigan shoreline. I would start in New Buffalo and work your way north. If you don't mind spending a lot of $$$ there are all sorts of rental houses in the area with plenty of Lake to rinse off. Lemon Lake is roughly an hour or so from New Buffalo.

DTRG's pretty spot on with the New Buffalo and northward tip, but that's Michigan, not Indiana. ;)

Wiki said:
Sun Aura resort was previously known as Naked City, but closed in 1986 after its operator, Dick Drost, encountered significant legal troubles.

LULZ!!!

im heading that way, be there around an hour and a half if anyone wants to play. dont care what course. ill play mobs cash games, mini's whatev..just dont want to play alone and a local might be nice for navigation

Having grown up (and moved away) from NW Indiana I can confirm the comments above. The coastline along Lake Michigan starting in Beverly Shores; just west of Michigan City; all the way up the coast is the way to go. It will be pricey for a nice place as all of the Chicago money travels down the coast during the summer months.

Now that I'm here I'm overwhelmed. Blue course looks like its a beautiful course to start. It too easy. White seems open but harder. I m gonna do gold last.

Blue starts out open, finishes with some technical woods shots. Red is shorter and technical throughout. White is the shortest and newest, if you're going to skip one that's the one to skip. Gold is fantastic but really tough, make sure you play it while you still have energy. The maps available on the course pages are pretty good if you're worried about navigation. Have fun!

Gold is doable alone, Silver is a much easier course but still technical and fun. Silver actually plays sort of similar to Red, definitely still a course worth playing. Blue is a great warmup course, you get 10 holes to throw without too much rough before you have to start hitting tight lines.

Gold is doable alone, Silver is a much easier course but still technical and fun. Silver actually plays sort of similar to Red, definitely still a course worth playing. Blue is a great warmup course, you get 10 holes to throw without too much rough before you have to start hitting tight lines.

Agree with all of this. Barry Schultz said he thought Red was a great test of skill for big tournament play, but if he was to choose which one to play everyday it would be Blue.

Latest posts