• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Let the Rampant Speculation Begin...

5X McBeth Disc...GO!

• Avenger SS

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Drone

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Vulture

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Wasp

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Destroyer

Votes: 11 14.3%
  • Sumptin' else

Votes: 24 31.2%

• Total voters
There's a poll on FB for this too. Wasp is the front runner with the A-SS in second.

I thought this had already been speculated on here?? Nobody has Wasps in stock, so I assume Discraft hasn't been running them. Maybe they're just waiting to put the McB 5x sig on it, run it in swirly ESP, and sell a boatload at once? It does already have a 4-letter name...

Seems like the Wasp maybe makes even more sense if the Anax truly is just the old Pred/Tsunami mold with a new name/stamp.

Interesting that he's been throwing the Vulture more often. Didn't he initially dislike it because of its larger size?

Interesting that he's been throwing the Vulture more often. Didn't he initially dislike it because of its larger size?

Yep in that first video of his in the bag the diameter was totally why Paul McBeth did not like the Vulture. Also did use the Zombie much for the first few tournaments until the Throw Down the Mountain and Paul got more comfortable with the mold.

I thought this had already been speculated on here?? Nobody has Wasps in stock, so I assume Discraft hasn't been running them. Maybe they're just waiting to put the McB 5x sig on it, run it in swirly ESP, and sell a boatload at once? It does already have a 4-letter name...

Seems like the Wasp maybe makes even more sense if the Anax truly is just the old Pred/Tsunami mold with a new name/stamp.

I hope Paul wants to sell the Wasp in one of three plastic Rubber Jawbreaker Luna plastic, the Rubber Blend plastic, or even an X for the 5x Paul and then make Z as the other run like what has always been done. That or a mold is being made to replace the Wasp and all sponsored Pros actually are forced to drop the Wasp or lose sponsor for the new disc that has the Wasp rim width but more a ROC style less round nose.

Last edited:
Only if it's in FLX, the most superior Drone blend known to man

Never liked the feel of the drone in FLX, also never owned one.. I've used Pro D, Big Z, and CryZtal. Cryztal to me is the best one but all of mine are fairly old with Dynamic Discs logos on them.

My guess is none of his personal line up (Zeus anax, Luna) will be 5x discs. His disc line up and his signature line up are completely different. He may not have used the wasp much if at all during worlds but the wasp was pretty crucial to his other victories on the road to worlds. He relied pretty heavily on the zone especially at eureka so it could be that too. As much as I don't want to see it, it will probably be the buzzz. He's also in the midst of testing the 4th disc in his lineup, assumes to be the speed 7-8 fairway driver. Lots in the works at the factory I'm sure and Paul has his eyes set on USDGC next so we will see what happens.

My guess is none of his personal line up (Zeus anax, Luna) will be 5x discs. His disc line up and his signature line up are completely different. He may not have used the wasp much if at all during worlds but the wasp was pretty crucial to his other victories on the road to worlds. He relied pretty heavily on the zone especially at eureka so it could be that too. As much as I don't want to see it, it will probably be the buzzz. He's also in the midst of testing the 4th disc in his lineup, assumes to be the speed 7-8 fairway driver. Lots in the works at the factory I'm sure and Paul has his eyes set on USDGC next so we will see what happens.

Well the Buzzz and Zone are already his sig series. . and he basicly said on Smashboxx that his 5x disc would be Avenger SS, Wasp, Vulture or Drone

Well the Buzzz and Zone are already his sig series. . and he basicly said on Smashboxx that his 5x disc would be Avenger SS, Wasp, Vulture or Drone

Ah ok, that makes sense. Makes me happy actually. I would say wasp or drone then. However the drone is Presnells sig disc and the vulture is Turners so wasp would be my ultimate guess unless he really throws a curveball to try to get people to by the avenger ss again, but my bet would be on wasp.

Guys...

Sig disc =/= tour disc.

Nate Doss has the ESP Buzzz as a tour disc AND it's one of Paul's signature discs.

I wonder what would happen to Paul's own line of disc if Paul leave Discraft in a few years?

All Innova had to do was to take Paul's name of the the discs...