• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Let the Rampant Speculation Begin...

5X McBeth Disc...GO!

• Avenger SS

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Drone

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Vulture

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Wasp

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Destroyer

Votes: 11 14.3%
  • Sumptin' else

Votes: 24 31.2%

• Total voters
discraft undergroud people are saying it won't be the vulture because austin already has it, they're predicting a 5x avenger ss
I'm going to guess that's putting too much stock in the tour series discs. Nate Doss has a tour series Buzzz, Brian Earhart has a tour series Zone, Austin Hannum has a tour series Force...there is already a bunch of tour series overlap with molds Paul has his name on. That Austin Turner Vulture isn't going to figure into the decision at all.

McBeast Ultra-Star. :thmbup:

Leave it to a revolutionary player like Pablo to have a signature ultimate disc of all things. Makes absolutely no sense, but actually, doesn't it make perfect sense? Name another disc golfer you'd rather play catch with. Boom. They'd sell hundreds.

The Wasp was the original Roc clone.

I knowthat haiving liked the Wasp but not the ROC due to wing size, I am saying an even closer ROC clone speed wise. This could be why you do not see Paul throwing the Wasp, It is too fast for a beaded midrange being that Paul is used to a slower ROC speed disc and not an almost .

Leave it to a revolutionary player like Pablo to have a signature ultimate disc of all things. Makes absolutely no sense, but actually, doesn't it make perfect sense? Name another disc golfer you'd rather play catch with. Boom. They'd sell hundreds.

Garrett Gurthie and a Sonic. I would play catch with him all day.

Sorry on the thread drift.

Ummm, Paul definitely threw a FB. He wasn't super in love with it, as he could range Destroyers as well on both FHs and BHs, but he did throw at least one.

Maybe for one season he did, but he threw the Monster for a few seasons because he said he didn't like the rim on the Firebird. then the latter part of his tenure with Innova he switched to the FD3 which he just called an "overstable fairway".

I don't follow ya...what does that have to do with McBeth's 5x disc?

This years Ace Race discs were "classic" molds representing the era of the 80s, 90s, and 00s, for Discraft's 40th anniversary.

No it has to do with the number of molds that Paul made or brought back from the dead in the case of the Kong/Zeus that were released this year as to why the Ace race discs are just old discs. Discraft might have had this planed before Paul was sponsored but the Number of molds released this year thanks in part to Mr Now 5X World Champion Paul McBeth could be a reason why a Ace Race disc was not made this year. Discraft has before having Paul help design his molds for Discraft was conservative and released only 5 molds a year including the Ace Race disc.

Maybe for one season he did, but he threw the Monster for a few seasons because he said he didn't like the rim on the Firebird. then the latter part of his tenure with Innova he switched to the FD3 which he just called an "overstable fairway".

His in the bags from 2013 and 2015 have FBs in them as well as PDs which proves he had no problem with the wing as was speculated. The Thunderbird has a very similar, if not the same wing as the FB, PD, and OLF. The Raptor has a very similar wing to a FB but flies similarly to my Anax, which may be why he doesn't throw a Raptor.

I hope to this disc golf gods it's a Wasp, but being realistic, I'd expect Anax, Zone, Buzzz, Zeus, Luna (maybe in Big Z!!!) and I will also hop on the A-SS train (hehe). Because well I'm pretty positive those are all the discs hes thrown the last few tourneys.

But again, my dream is Paul McBeth bringing the Wasp to the masses...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I knowthat haiving liked the Wasp but not the ROC due to wing size, I am saying an even closer ROC clone speed wise. This could be why you do not see Paul throwing the Wasp, It is too fast for a beaded midrange being that Paul is used to a slower ROC speed disc and not an almost .
The Roc3 was like his favorite mid with Innova (right?) and that's a 5 speed too...

The Roc3 was like his favorite mid with Innova (right?) and that's a 5 speed too...

Yeah but with the most 3 top discs Dave D just made the discs a Speed faster except in the cases of the Aviar 3 and limited run Gator 3 just to make more sales from the discs. The 3 top discs are not necessarily faster molds, some are like the Shark 3 are faster then original mold but not all 3 top molds are faster. ROC 3 is just a flat top ROC. Think about this, I do not consider most of the 3 top molds to be faster speed, a flat top ROC has the same flight numbers as a ROC.

Flat top Rocs have never been an actual promoted product by Innova; they have never listed flat top Rocs on their website and have never to my knowledge assigned them flight numbers. Flat top Rocs are just a disc geek thing.

Based and Lidpilled

Flat top Rocs have never been an actual promoted product by Innova; they have never listed flat top Rocs on their website and have never to my knowledge assigned them flight numbers. Flat top Rocs are just a disc geek thing.

When I worked at a disc golf store, we were able to purchase TFR, KC Pro "flat top" rocs.
we ordered about 20 with our touney stamp and they all were normal rocs with a very flat top, I agree that they don't regularly make them but they have made runs that all came out flat.

When I worked at a disc golf store, we were able to purchase TFR, KC Pro "flat top" rocs.
we ordered about 20 with our touney stamp and they all were normal rocs with a very flat top, I agree that they don't regularly make them but they have made runs that all came out flat.
There is a machine that was used originally to make the full color Ching stamps and that machine flattened the discs. It didn't matter what disc it was (Roc, Gazelle, whatever) the disc would be flatter. I think the Aviars (which are already flat) looked the same, but anything with a dome would be flatter. So that's where this madness starts, the Ching Rocs. They were truly "flat top" Rocs. After a bit they stopped selling the pigment the machine used so the full-color process changed, but the original machine was sitting around at Carolina Flying Discs. People were wanting "flat top" Rocs like the old Ching Rocs, so they turned on the machine and ran the disc through. Ta-da! Flat top Rocs. So you could special order them, and to my knowledge that is still possible. That is not in dispute.

What I meant is that "Flat Top Roc" has never been an option on the website as a regular production item and they have never issued (to my knowledge) revised flight numbers for how a flat top Roc would fly vs. a normal Roc. So saying a normal Roc and the flat top Roc have the same flight numbers as a way of proving that the Roc3 flies the same as the Roc is a throwaway comment; the flat top Roc has no flight numbers.

Which is just another weird tangent since this is a Discraft thread to guess if McBeth's signature is going to be on a Wasp or an A-SS. What were the other two? Vulture and Drone? OK. Wasps, A-SS's Vulture's, Drones. Should we have a poll?

Latest posts