• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Let's Talk About Wizards

my favorite wizard is a 174 chalky blue prototype. It's beat up but oddly the soft plastic is more durable than i thought. The grip is superior when wet. I have it in my work-van bag, which i don't use that often. I'm afraid of losing or destroying it because i like it so much and they are HARD to find.

This.

I have the exact same disc, and I need to find another one. It was the first wizard I purchased, and I absolutely love it for putting.

For driving, I'll use a SS Organic or a regular SS. I even like driving with the chalky blue one too.

i think i have one of those chalky blue ones too. it is funny that it is deemed a super soft. my buddy threw it the other day and said, "that is a pretty hard super soft." this thing just loves flying into the basket for ridiculously long birdies out of the blue. love it.

Mine is soft as new dog poo. Absolutely excellent.

I've got a trade offer on discaroo (i know, i know) for my Z Crush. He's got a Glo Wizard. Think I should go for it? I haven't even thrown the crush :shrug:

Thinking about putting mine back in my putter slot, and looking to get an HPP tomorrow for driving.

I've given up on your grip and will work with what's comfortable, but I'm lacking any putting lately and haven't been happy since I last used wizards.

We'll see about the driving issues later, but for now, I need that putting power back.

Wizards beat out nearly 30 other putting molds for me.

I like firm wizards for driving and I have a semi-firm supersoft for putting and it's beat to hell so anhyzer shots. I use an EVO wizard for overstable drives. Both my normal wizards are labeled supersoft but I go by feel of course. It needs to be relatively firm imo to hold a good snap without wobble and therefore OAT. Especially since I throw rollers with them occasionally.

Here's a few of my Wizards

puttingwiz.jpg

Current putting Wizard. 168g SS that's very grippy and somewhat flexible.

1stss.jpg

My first Wizard, a 175 SS. It's very beat up these days. I like it for putting and anhyzer drives.

evowiz.jpg

My first Evo Wizard. It's flexible and grippy, feels a lot like my FLX Buzz. I like it for driving, though I plan to retire it soon due to how many aces it's gotten.

thumbgroove.jpg

I bought two Organic Wizards that have these depressions in the flight plate that act like thumb grooves. The flight didn't seem affected by it on drives and it felt nice for putts.

neworganic.jpg

My newest Wizards were a pair of gray Organics with this stamp. Currently flexing this one and throwing it into trees, trying to beat it in quick to replace the beat S Wizard I lost.

Here's a few of my Wizards

puttingwiz.jpg

Current putting Wizard. 168g SS that's very grippy and somewhat flexible.

nice, i have this exact same disc, but it's red and the stamp is silver. it's really dirty and bruised stable