• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lexington, Kentucky Disc golfers?

Kal El

I'm looking to add some new courses to my repertoire in Lexington KY and there is a course on Lexmark property (private course)... My question: Is there anyone on here that works at Lexmark (or in some form or fashion has access to the course) that I could join for a round, just so I can add the course to my list of played courses?
Thanks!

Skip it. If you're gonna play anywhere in the Lexington area you should go out to Nicholasville and play Riney B Park. It's really the only one worth mentioning.

Try bdga.org and their forums. The current club president James Nichols works at IBM and could get you on and you'd be playing with an employee. If not that there are a bunch of other people that you could meet up with for a round.
I'd do it but I've moved to NC.

Riney is better but I'm a bit partial since I co designed it.;)

Rhiney B is the best course down there IMO, just watch out for them Beavers!

Hey Kal El, I'm considering a trip down, and have started planning with some folks who might hook (us) up the week of New Years (weather & work schedules permitting). I'll PM you as details get more firm. :thmbup:

I would disagree with the "skip it" attitude. Lexmark might not be the best course in Lexington.... but it is nice to be on private property and not deal with the glass and trash everywhere. The course itself is ever evolving. A couple of the holes on the front 9 were changed around this year. Hole 7 downhill is pretty signature. Lexmark is worth playing... but I wouldn't make it a Mecca-like trip that some courses in Kentucky deserve (Holler, Idlewild, CV, Lincoln Ridge).

I will probably be down for a round.

I haven't played Lexmark so I can't compare it to other courses, but I noticed you haven't played Camp Catalpa over in Richmond, KY. That's a fun course worth checking out and it's pretty close to you. The rough is a little dense there so this should be a good time of year to play it.

I appreciate all the feedback... My buddy (who lives in Michigan) and I are competing to see who can play a larger number of different courses (only reason I would play Lexmark - I walked it for a few minutes across the front 9 - seemed short and open, not much of a challenge). I live right next door to Riney B - love that course! Shillito park is another decent course. I am planning a trip to Idlewild next time my buddy comes in for a visit. I plan to play that course in Richmond this week sometime...
Thanks again!

...going to try and check out Camp Catalpa and Indian Mound this week - hopefully one of them tomorrow!

Iron Works in Winchester is on the way to Indian Mound. Worth checking out also. Even if it is a 9 holer it holds the record for the longest, at least in Kentucky.

I'm typically game for a round in lexington just about anytime.. Just let me know and I'd be happy to join if you need someone to play with.

9 hole dg course in ky.... I don't know if it is still true. Ironworks is pretty long though for a 9 holer

Thanks everybody! We had a nice fivesome out there today, and I really enjoyed the course, and the company. Folks, if you get the chance, this is a really nice course (fantastic tees, signage, cleanliness, and all). :thmbup:

Latest posts