• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Lid Lovers

Is there a lid that flys like a polecat, slow and glidey, but shallow. Lower profile?

(may just be how lids designed to fly)

Going to pick up a couple of zephyr to throw around. Champ from innova store worth it or just grab some dx at the store? 180s or 200g? Or lighter?

Is there a lid that flys like a polecat, slow and glidey, but shallow. Lower profile?

(may just be how lids designed to fly)

It's tough to get a lid more low-pro than a Polecat. I can't think of one off the top of my head. I'd play around with flattening a Polecat whilst going lighter to retain glide. Like if you're throwing a 175 domey PC; a 170 flat PC or a 165 concave PC might be more to your liking.

It's tough to get a lid more low-pro than a Polecat. I can't think of one off the top of my head. I'd play around with flattening a Polecat whilst going lighter to retain glide. Like if you're throwing a 175 domey PC; a 170 flat PC or a 165 concave PC might be more to your liking.

I hear ya. Kinda what I thought. To get that lift and float it probably needs that depth for air underneath.

I'm still trying to figure out a fan grip that feels comfortable with it...

Thanks

Going to pick up a couple of zephyr to throw around. Champ from innova store worth it or just grab some dx at the store? 180s or 200g? Or lighter?

The latest runs of Champs are a bit more stable than Dx, try one out :)
I am old school, use DX Zephyrs 195gr-200 for short upshots 30-50 meters.

The latest runs of Champs are a bit more stable than Dx, try one out :)
I am old school, use DX Zephyrs 195gr-200 for short upshots 30-50 meters.

Thanks. Picked up the heaviest DX they had today at 195. Played catch and the local pitch n putt with it. Such a fun disc to throw. Straight as an arrow. Now I want to try a polecat....

I felt the zephyr flies like a slower proxy for me out to 250 so I'm guessing the polecat would fly similar. I like the deep dish of the zephyr and the ridiculously blunt edge and like the idea of base line plastic for that slot. Innova keeps kicking MVP out of the bag

polecats are amazing; i've been converting people but they just don't last long in the woods. if you want to travel light with one disc, anode is a better bet. the polecat is the better disc though.

until you realize how hard it is to carry those serving trays. lol. Polecats make it much easier
w/smaller diameter.

the proxy is probably the most "lid like" actual disc golf disc out there IMO though so it makes a lot of sense. Lids are a BLAST to throw I just have a hard time bagging them for realz.

Proxy is hands down my favorite disc which is why I wanted to get into lids with similar flight. Want something a tick slower tho. I have a hard time ranging the proxy. Thought the polecat might fly slower with that blunt edge.
The zephyr fits in the side pocket of my bag nicely but can tell will be a pain to carry.

Threw the proxy and zephyr back to back at sunnyside and the new holes at bassett and found they do fly surprisingly similar. Will be playing a zephyr league this winter so wanted to get some practice in with it. Should prove to be quite fun

Hmmm... was looking to thin my Zephyr herd out soon, might have to try this Proxy you speak of...

Threw the proxy and zephyr back to back at sunnyside and the new holes at bassett and found they do fly surprisingly similar. Will be playing a zephyr league this winter so wanted to get some practice in with it. Should prove to be quite fun

I want to live in a place where there are Zephyr leagues.

I'm always taking the polecat in and out of my bag. It's such a fun disc to throw. If they ever made a premium plastic one I'm sure it'd stay.

Latest posts