• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

little help maybe

Nice effect. Looks like there's going to be a lot of trial and error with it. Would you mind taking some pics of the bag, with and without the disc, in the pan (so I can see how crinkled it is - much better visual learner) with the dye in it?

Well I tried it last night and have the basic technique figured out. But it didn't come out perfect. I still need to experiment with it a little. I dont have time to post pics right now. I will post some later today and explain what I did. Gotta get to work!:)

if you have some extra discs and dye lying around, crinkle up some saran wrap around the disc...same concept as the bag, but the wrap will cling to the disc a lot more like vinyl would, to keep from gettin really dark blobs and a really nice "smoke" effect...

wonder what they would look like on white star plastic ?
I think any dye really pops on white plastic.

what if you were to push the disc in to wet sand to make a mold first

I think you would want a mold that was a little bigger than the disc?

how meny oz. of dye did you use?

Im not sure on the exact measurement. I know I used to much when I did it. I think you want just enough to have some in all the little crinkles, but no big pools of dye.

if you have some extra discs and dye lying around, crinkle up some saran wrap around the disc...same concept as the bag, but the wrap will cling to the disc a lot more like vinyl would, to keep from gettin really dark blobs and a really nice "smoke" effect...

Im gonna have to try this. It seems it would make since. When I did this with the bag there did almost seem to be a suction holding the disc to the bag. I think the key to this technique is lots of wrinkles in the plastic, and not too much dye.

I didn't get a chance to try again last night (Hot date with my wifey!). But I am going to try again soon. Will post some more pics as I experiment!:)

I'm gonna try the saran wrap thing too, probably tonight or tomorrow. I'll take pics through the whole process(as usual :D ).

Cling Wrap seemed to work really well except for the fact that I didn't dissolve the dye enough, I ended up with little specks of color (which is ok, it'll make a nice background).

So using room temperature dye-water mix, is 12 hours long enough to give the discs a check?
Also, I'm guessing you have to clean off the disc immediately to avoid drips soaking in, yeah?

I'd like to try this tonight, just wanna get as much info as possible on the sarap wrap method before throwing Star plastic in it........to be continued......

So using room temperature dye-water mix, is 12 hours long enough to give the discs a check?
Also, I'm guessing you have to clean off the disc immediately to avoid drips soaking in, yeah?

I'd like to try this tonight, just wanna get as much info as possible on the sarap wrap method before throwing Star plastic in it........to be continued......

i believe it would be...and yes i would recommend washing it off as soon as possible

What if you tryed using foil? You get get more of a look of you want and it would be easier to work with.

Just set up the saran wrap method with aluminum foil. Tell you how it goes in about 10 hours!

I think it has something to do with the cling that saran wrap offers. I'll know more if my last few trades ever get here.

i dont have pics but ive tryed both foil and wrap, and the wrap comes out so much better.

I used a foil and glue on this one,its hard to tell unless you blow it up

Attachments

• dougs disc 003.jpg
    dougs disc 003.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 38

Latest posts