• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Looking for a mid that flies like a Roc3 but has no bead

B-Man

Birdie Member
I'm looking for a mid that flies similar to a Roc3 but doesn't have a bead. I like my mids in the 168g-171g range as well. Many overstable mids only come in heavy weights. Any help would be much appreciated.

The Yikun Yao has the profile and flight characteristics of a Roc3 and is beadless. Really nice solid midrange.

Seems like the Shark3 and Yao are closer to my M2 than a Roc3. The Roc3 looks to be more overstable.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-15-20-31-04.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-09-15-20-31-04.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 86
Buzzz OS will definetly be more overstable than you are looking for. The first Shark 3s were a little more OS than the Roc 3 while the new ones are actually less overstable.

I think the best solution for the OP is to try and find a Z Glo Buzzz in your weight range. Not sure if they come in the weights you are looking for but it's pretty close in flight. Moreso than other Buzzzes, anyway.

flight charts arent completely accurate. and if your using the flight chart, why bother asking anyways? look it up your damm self then. you obviously seem to have a grasp on researching a discs flight

flight charts arent completely accurate. and if your using the flight chart, why bother asking anyways? look it up your damm self then. you obviously seem to have a grasp on researching a discs flight

One, the flight charts don't tell you if a disc has a bead, and two, the charts aren't everything. Asking about peoples experience is just as valuable as charts. I'm not ruling out the Shark3 or Yao, just curious why the charts say different that's all.

Settle down tiger.......:popcorn:

Disagree on the alias.

Buzzz os is not the disc you are looking for.

Reeeeeeeally surprised you haven't found your m2 to fill that nice stable/overstable slot. Perhaps try an m1? Believe they are beadless. But more os than a roc3 for sure...maybe you should bring your current m2 into a retailer and examine plh. Cuz it sounds like you have a weird one if it isn't doing the straight to fade like a roc3 would.

I have found the newest S3s to be less stable, and the newer Yaos to be more stable than my Roc3 at least.

The main thing is if I crank on both they will turn, sometimes quite a bit, but they both come back.

I just remembered the Nebula was beadless R3 ish, but good luck finding one.