• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Looking for a mid that flies like a Roc3 but has no bead

Disagree on the alias.

Buzzz os is not the disc you are looking for.

Reeeeeeeally surprised you haven't found your m2 to fill that nice stable/overstable slot. Perhaps try an m1? Believe they are beadless. But more os than a roc3 for sure...maybe you should bring your current m2 into a retailer and examine plh. Cuz it sounds like you have a weird one if it isn't doing the straight to fade like a roc3 would.

The M2 is close, but its way heavier than I like. It's 178g. I'm looking to replace my M2 with something lighter, a little more OS, and still no bead?

Yeah I second a 400S M2. It IS a Roc3 minus the bead.. I mean they're damn near identical not only to look and and feel, but in flight as well. You can always raise or lower the weights for more or less stability.

Disagree on the alias.

Why? Beaded discs will never fly like those without beads but that doesn't mean one cant replace another. I dropped vectors (roc3s basically) for a longgg time and tried out lots of molds before throwing it back in the bag. Alias is the only other disc which gives a unique feel but similar flight.

Disagree on the alias.

Why? Beaded discs will never fly like those without beads but that doesn't mean one cant replace what another. I dropped vectors (roc3s basically) for a longgg time and tried out lots of molds before throwing it back in the bag. Alias is the only other disc which gives a unique feel but similar flight which OP is looking for. Axis is more buzz/shark like...

Yeah I second a 400S M2. It IS a Roc3 minus the bead.. I mean they're damn near identical not only to look and and feel, but in flight as well. You can always raise or lower the weights for more or less stability.

The M2 doesn't come in the weighs I specified in my first post, and if it did, it would become less stable because of it.

The M2 doesn't come in the weighs I specified in my first post, and if it did, it would become less stable because of it.

Well that was disappointingly easy. From e-bay:171g Prodigy M2 |Listed in category:
Sporting Goods>Outdoor Sports>Disc Golf
Prodigy-M2-300-S-Series-171g-Pink-Orange-Midrange-Blue-Silver-Foil-Stamp
Have one to sell? Sell now
Prodigy M2 300 S Series 171g Pink Orange Midrange Blue & Silver Foil Stamp
| Add to watch list
Seller information
g_g_g_t (8058 ) About g_g_g_t
99.9% Positive feedback
Follow this seller
See other items
Visit store: Gotta Go Gotta Throw

AdChoice
Item condition:New

Last edited:
Well that was disappointingly easy. From e-bay:171g Prodigy M2 |Listed in category:
Sporting Goods>Outdoor Sports>Disc Golf
Prodigy-M2-300-S-Series-171g-Pink-Orange-Midrange-Blue-Silver-Foil-Stamp
Have one to sell? Sell now
Prodigy M2 300 S Series 171g Pink Orange Midrange Blue & Silver Foil Stamp
| Add to watch list
Seller information
g_g_g_t (8058 ) About g_g_g_t
99.9% Positive feedback
Follow this seller
See other items
Visit store: Gotta Go Gotta Throw

AdChoice
Item condition:New

I didn't look for my weights in 300, but likeI said it'll be less stable, and more Buzzz like at the lower weights.

Can anyone tell me their experiences with the Tensor? I'm leaning towards either trying the Verdict or the Tensor.

tensor is very OS and slower than a roc3. It is very HSS with not a lot of glide. Smaller diameter and lower profile than a roc3 also by a hair.

^Tensor's also about as flat as they come. Roc3's kinda flat, but domey almost compared to the Tensor, IMO. (Maybe that's part of lower profile AFTC, duh.)

I'm not super concerned about diameter and dome, just that it falls in the weight I like, pretty close to the Roc3's flight and glide, and no bead.

in they air they are not similar at all. Marshall street rates the tensor "very OS" while roc3 is at the last space of OS discs on the chart. Joes flight chart would indicate the tensor is more HSS and holds up to higher power while retaining the designed flight as well as greater wind resistance.