• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Looking for a mid that flies like a Roc3 but has no bead

Oh, if it's just flight path your after the Cro is the disc. A champ Cro and Champ roc3 fly almost the same they just feel nothing alike.

in they air they are not similar at all. Marshall street rates the tensor "very OS" while roc3 is at the last space of OS discs on the chart. Joes flight chart would indicate the tensor is more HSS and holds up to higher power while retaining the designed flight as well as greater wind resistance.

Ok good to know. I was looking at Disc Golf Center, Flight Analyzer, and Inbounds. Thanks.

actually a obex is really close to a roc 3 but i think with just a smaller bead than the roc3. the only thing i say is go with a medium just a little bit more overstable than the firm obex.

Love my opaque Big Z buzzz, flies like my slightly more seasoned reg Z buzzz's. But still has a dependable finish.

not trying to start a FIGHT here guys, but i cant help but look down on people that dont like beaded discs... quit being weird and throw a roc if you want a disc that flies like a roc. because only rocs fly like rocs. thats why they call them rocs. because they are rocs.

not trying to start a FIGHT here guys, but i cant help but look down on people that dont like beaded discs... quit being weird and throw a roc if you want a disc that flies like a roc. because only rocs fly like rocs. thats why they call them rocs. because they are rocs.

I respect your opinion. Granted, your opinion doesn't contribute anything to this thread, but I respect it anyway.

It's hard for people like you who don't mind the feel of beads to understand why people like me don't like the feel of beads. I can't really explain it; beaded discs just don't sit well in my hand, and I don't feel confident with them.

I don't understand why people don't like driving with deep putters, but I accept that they do, and it doesn't bother me when people ask for recommendations on shallow putters. Perhaps you should do the same when people ask for recommendations for non-beaded discs.

As for the OP's question, I would say that a stable Z Buzzz would do the trick. A Buzzz OS would be drastically more overstable than a Roc3. A Shark3 or even a Star Shark would also be a good option to consider.

It's hard for people like you who don't mind the feel of beads to understand why people like me don't like the feel of beads. I can't really explain it; beaded discs just don't sit well in my hand, and I don't feel confident with them.

I don't understand why people don't like driving with deep putters, but I accept that they do, and it doesn't bother me when people ask for recommendations on shallow putters. Perhaps you should do the same when people ask for recommendations for non-beaded discs.

theres just no reason to avoid beaded discs, or to have some mental dilemma about all the reasons you cant throw them. and youre coming at me with the, "its hard for people like you," BS. actually its not hard for me to throw any disc, and anyone i play with would agree. this is why i said quit being weird.

you dont have to sit down kaiser mane, this thread is now about all the reasons beaded discs are great and the only roc is the roc. soon OP will be throwing rocs and beads of all kinds.

Sorry you feel the need to look down on me. Not sure how old you are, but there is a good chance I was playing this game when you were sucking from your mom. I've tried several beaded discs for years, even a Roc3 which I recently traded for my Ape. The bead tends to cause a late release for me. Might be my fat fingers who knows, but I can say I'm not the only one who hates beads, and I'm not a noob.

i truthfully hated beaded discs for quite some time. the only beaded disc i threw was a wizard or a ridge and i chose to drive with other discs instead. then during the winter i decided to try ghosts, i adjusted my grip and got my wrist down and realized it didn't feel any different than any other midrange with a deeper rim, beadless or not. i don't have monster hands. it's all about your mentality and your grip. if you don't like it, ****, don't sweat it and do what works for you. plenty of beadless discs are just as deep as things like rocs though. i sucked it up, got used to it and figured it out so it works for me now which is nice.

back on topic though.

AFTC, i feel the alias is too slow to be like the roc3. it is also not as HSS/LSS IMO.

it may be that you need to try a verdict or a shark3, something of that nature. the verdict could be beefy depending on your power though... all of the discs that fly like a roc are similar to the roc and therefore have beads since that is a big part of what makes it fly like a roc.

i truthfully hated beaded discs for quite some time. the only beaded disc i threw was a wizard or a ridge and i chose to drive with other discs instead. then during the winter i decided to try ghosts, i adjusted my grip and got my wrist down and realized it didn't feel any different than any other midrange with a deeper rim, beadless or not. i don't have monster hands. it's all about your mentality and your grip. if you don't like it, ****, don't sweat it and do what works for you. plenty of beadless discs are just as deep as things like rocs though. i sucked it up, got used to it and figured it out so it works for me now which is nice.

back on topic though.

AFTC, i feel the alias is too slow to be like the roc3. it is also not as HSS/LSS IMO.

it may be that you need to try a verdict or a shark3, something of that nature. the verdict could be beefy depending on your power though... all of the discs that fly like a roc are similar to the roc and therefore have beads since that is a big part of what makes it fly like a roc.

I'm leaning toward the Verdict. Lack of strength is a non issue. I can get several of my distance drivers over 450.

Thanks everyone for your help. Think I'm going to pull the trigger on the Verdict.

Sorry you feel the need to look down on me. Not sure how old you are, but there is a good chance I was playing this game when you were sucking from your mom. I've tried several beaded discs for years, even a Roc3 which I recently traded for my Ape. The bead tends to cause a late release for me. Might be my fat fingers who knows, but I can say I'm not the only one who hates beads, and I'm not a noob.

dude-calm-down_zps7abdce2f.gif