• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Looking to get involved in a disc golf club

cboucher

Par Member
Hey guys,

I've been playing disc golf for about a year and a half and now that I can see some definite improvement in my game I would like to get more involved in the sport. I seem to have a lot more fun when I play with my nephews or this friend of mine who I introduced disc golf to. I don't know, I just enjoy the competition aspect of it when I play with other people. I eventually want to play in tournaments (not because I think I would win any or even place high, I just think it would be fun). But for the immediate future I would like to join a local disc golf club and get started that way. I live in the Bay Area of California. The courses I play regularly are in Benicia, Napa, Vacaville, San Leandro, Walnut Creek, and Novato (Stafford Lake, my favorite course so far). Does anyone know of any clubs associated with the courses I mentioned? Any members here?

Thanks,

Craig

You're on the wrong coast -- :) -- but I wish you the best of luck in finding a club that you like, brother. I've been a DG'er for less than you, but having played a couple of local tournaments myself I think I can safely assure you that competitive disc golf is a very inclusive sport, one that I think you'll find is less interested in who wins and more interested in the enjoyment of the game. "Most fun wins!" is the mantra, and I don't mind telling you that, despite my initial doubt and reluctance to get into the competitive aspect of the sport, that motto is truthful and well-deserved.

Get in there, bro.....you will love it.

In my experience, you can't go wrong joining a club. You will meet some great people and it is a good chance to improve by playing with people who are better than you and help people who aren't as good as you. I play tournaments and don't place either, but I have a lot of fun. I don't know any clubs in the bay area. I think Golden Gate Park has an active club? I would search facebook if you have it.

Move further south and join our club. Haha.

I don't FB but I understand the UFO's are working on a new course in the Santa Rosa area. PeterB seems pretty active with some of the clubs, you can find him here on DGCR. I have a friend working with the parks department in your area (unnamed until we get some additional backing/approval), if things move in the right direction this spring we'll be forming a group to develop and maintain a course in your neck of the woods.

Don't overlook the course in Moraga.

I don't FB but I understand the UFO's are working on a new course in the Santa Rosa area. PeterB seems pretty active with some of the clubs, you can find him here on DGCR. I have a friend working with the parks department in your area (unnamed until we get some additional backing/approval), if things move in the right direction this spring we'll be forming a group to develop and maintain a course in your neck of the woods.

Don't overlook the course in Moraga.

Mare Island would be a good area for a Disc Golf course if you're looking to build one out this way...

Hey guys,

I've been playing disc golf for about a year and a half and now that I can see some definite improvement in my game I would like to get more involved in the sport. I seem to have a lot more fun when I play with my nephews or this friend of mine who I introduced disc golf to. I don't know, I just enjoy the competition aspect of it when I play with other people. I eventually want to play in tournaments (not because I think I would win any or even place high, I just think it would be fun). But for the immediate future I would like to join a local disc golf club and get started that way. I live in the Bay Area of California. The courses I play regularly are in Benicia, Napa, Vacaville, San Leandro, Walnut Creek, and Novato (Stafford Lake, my favorite course so far). Does anyone know of any clubs associated with the courses I mentioned? Any members here?

Thanks,

Craig

Sup? I'm from the bay area as well.

Just started a new disc golf club about a month ago named 'Hyzer Than You', currently 10 members and will have another 10-20 when I get to see my regulars from our double league (lack of sun light has forced some people out of disc golf on weekdays).

We have bag tags for 2014 available for 5.00, an ace pot, and are hoping to donate a basket to Oyster Bay (new local course that will be coming in). We will have an evening in the future where we meet regularly, for now we are meeting on Sat/Sun at Livermore/Moraga. Plans in the works to hit stafford lake, delaveaga and some other courses in the area!

Shoot me a PM if you want more information or want to get together and play a round~

Hyzer Than You Bagtag

Last edited:
Sup? I'm from the bay area as well.

Just started a new disc golf club about a month ago named 'Hyzer Than You', currently 10 members and will have another 10-20 when I get to see my regulars from our double league (lack of sun light has forced some people out of disc golf on weekdays).

We have bag tags for 2014 available for 5.00, an ace pot, and are hoping to donate a basket to Oyster Bay (new local course that will be coming in). We will have an evening in the future where we meet regularly, for now we are meeting on Sat/Sun at Livermore/Moraga. Plans in the works to hit stafford lake, delaveaga and some other courses in the area!

Shoot me a PM if you want more information or want to get together and play a round~

Hyzer Than You Bagtag

Sounds good, I sent you a PM. The Stafford Lake and Delaveaga trips sound like some good fun...

Definitely check out Moraga when you can. Beware after rains though, that mud is something else.

Latest posts