• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Los Angeles courses?

spetaelsk

Hey guys, I'm a 22-year old guy from Sweden. I'm not a very skilled player, but I'm flying to LA in th beginning of November, and I really want to go somewhere where there are some awesome courses. Preferably not too far away from the city and where there are somewhere I can stay nearby. Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Ludvig

Courses you might want to hit are :

Chavez ridge
Oak Grove
Verdugo Hills
Sylmar

Those four are all pretty good and close to one another.

If you go south I would suggest :

La Mirada front 18
La MirAda back 18
El Dorado
Whittier narrows
Huntington Beach

Those are all solid choices and there are plenty of places to stay and lots of cool disc golfers to play with in those areas. Lots of people on DGCR there to.

If you want to play the very first disc golf course in the world, go to Oak Grove. On your way there, or back, be sure to go play Verdugo and Sylmar. They're all about 10 minutes apart (OG to Verdugo = 10 minutes / Verdugo to Sylmar = 10 minutes).

Those course probably offer the best 1-2-3 punch So-Cal has to offer, especially considering how close they are together.

DSCJNKY

I love how Verdugo has brought the OG / Sylmar corridor back to life!

I think a good So-Cal "non park course" day would include Sylmar, OG, Verdugo, and Chavez. A great little sampler of our offerings and all in a prettier part of our city that most travelers never see.

Wow, thanks for all the great help guys! I arrive at LAX on friday night, so I'll try to hit some courses on the first couple of days in LA. I have had very bad dengue fever my last week in Thailand, so I'm not sure if I will be able to play the first couple of days, it all depends on how well I'm feeling. I will let you know when I get better, it would be awesome to play with some locals!

Thanks again for all the advice guys!

Good times with Ludvig at OG!

The Spider Hole

20121114_104245.jpg

Ludvig only came to the States with three discs so we hooked him up with a couple of Buzz's and a Skulboy stamped River. BuzzSS signed by Snappy, Tobin and Skulboy.

20121114_123640.jpg

Great day of golf. Cool to be on hand for someone's first time at Legendary Oak Grove.
Hope you make it to some more bitchin' courses, Ludwig.

Played my first round at OG on the 9th. Immediately became one of my favorite SoCal courses. I still have to play most of the LA courses though. But if any of you ever make your way down to North SD county, let me know and I'll try to catch a round with you.

Played my first round at OG on the 9th. Immediately became one of my favorite SoCal courses. I still have to play most of the LA courses though. But if any of you ever make your way down to North SD county, let me know and I'll try to catch a round with you.

I need to get down there and play Brengle Terrace!

Hit me up too! Sounds like we need to get a DGCR meetup going at Brengroll Terrace (yes, my buddies and I have affectionately named it Brengroll for the steep approaches and resulting terrible rolls). Mother Earth Brew Co. after!

If you wait until the new year, that'll be one of my home courses and I'll show you around. :)

Hit me up too! Sounds like we need to get a DGCR meetup going at Brengroll Terrace (yes, my buddies and I have affectionately named it Brengroll for the steep approaches and resulting terrible rolls). Mother Earth Brew Co. after!

Mash, when you moving out to SoCal?

I might actually be heading down that way tomorrow if the weather, transportation, money, time, etc etc etc all works out.

But regardless we need to do a meet-up once Mashnut is out here! :hfive:

I'll be living in Temecula starting in early January, I'll definitely be making it up your way on a regular basis snappy. Onemile, I'll definitely see you out there, that's the closest 18 holer to where we'll be.

Mash, when you moving out to SoCal?

I might actually be heading down that way tomorrow if the weather, transportation, money, time, etc etc etc all works out.

But regardless we need to do a meet-up once Mashnut is out here! :hfive:

Hey Snappy, are you playing in the SoCal championships? If not, I think Brengle is closed for that tomorrow but open sunday.