• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Losing a disc...

I remember the day that my buddy Sean, aka Cornellrams, lost his champ beast. It was mid-summer and sunny. The hole was about 300' and wide open. No trees and nothing but dirt and small weeds. We watched the disc land, but when we walked out, it disappeared. We searched for around 20-30 minutes, but couldn't find the disc... lost in an open field!

I had wiped this from my memory until you brought it up again. Thanks a lot. Now to hold of this depression I will be forced to spend another 30 bucks on new plastic. damn.

there is no reason ever to lose a disc anywhere on dry land ever!

that is why i have never lost a disc ever.

Yes, katana is infallible, that is why I black out God in "In God We Trust" on all my money and substitute katana instead. :D

Lost disc.

Just joined 1-19-10

I too have lost them in the open. I lost a PINK pro wraith in some grass. saw pretty much where it landed and still nothing. looked for 20 minutes. I got it in pink so it be easier to find. There goes my theory. Time for a new hypothesis.

Just joined 1-19-10

I too have lost them in the open. I lost a PINK pro wraith in some grass. saw pretty much where it landed and still nothing. looked for 20 minutes. I got it in pink so it be easier to find. There goes my theory. Time for a new hypothesis.

I think some discs go into a black hole sometimes, only to be spit out at some other random time because I've found some just laying out in the open. Is the Appleton you're from Appleton, WI? If so, it's good to see more WI players on here.

I had wiped this from my memory until you brought it up again. Thanks a lot. Now to hold of this depression I will be forced to spend another 30 bucks on new plastic. damn.

So your answer to to the thread "most expensive plastic"... 30 chucks. I still wonder what happened to that disc. After walking a cris cross pattern atleast four times to no avail. New theory... prairie dogs took it underground and added to their stach.

I once threw my sidewinder, put to much or whatever, turned it into a worm burner in the middle of an open Fairway. I watched it disappear over behind a raised area of the fairway. Well, I walked over to get it, Nothing! In plain site! I looked, looked, (East Bay park is on a bay, and when the tide comes in it floods the back part of the course. When it does it collectively pushes all of the mulch crap out with the water line. It's like a blanket of mulch) Anywho...

This Mulch covered a good portion of the course, I was kicking around trying to find my disc. I gave up, came back on the next round. Long story short, 3 hours later I'm walking the course and a glimmer in the grass caught my eye. There it was, buried underneath this:
lostsidewinder.jpg