• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

last week i pulled out of that pond on 15/17....
cfr glow orc 9.5/10
dx dart 8/10
star cro 8/10
pearly champion rhyno 9/10
two had numbers ...i called and have not heard back from them.....i dont get in, i use a 12foot piece of 3/4 inch pvc with a cap on one end with a screw through it .....i tap around on the cap till i hear it hit plastic then drag it carefully with the screw without damaging it....it took me a few months to learn how to pick up on the sound of a disc and not rocks and other stuff , and also to not damage the disc....but after 5 years it works well...i figured someone was going in because there should be alot more in there....p.s my brother in law put a KC Pro Roc in the middle that same day

There aint know way I'm goin in that stagnant bog of stench.

I'll throw my DX plastic on that hole.

Yeah, you couldn't pay me to go in there with anything less than those antique diving suits. :|

That water is always nasty. My buddy lost his Crush in there.

My friend lost an Innova Cougar on hole 14 at Tyler state Park today. Went off to the left on his drive and got lost in the mass amount of leaves. Was a pinkish/beige color.

lost my champ beast two days ago, and right before it got returned I taco'd the crap out of a dragon on hole 3 of AF, it had already met a large "obstacle" at Cane Creek in Cookeville and was somewhat unpredictable from the first encounter. I threw the same disc at hole 7 and its unpredictability got the better of it and the disc is currently laying somewhere around the middle of the swamp across the street. I am not going in that mess to retrieve it, so free taco to anyone who goes in for it! lol
:D

I lost my white X-Out pro Monarch in the lake on hole 7 at Joe Farmer Rec Center in Allen, TX the other day. The wind grabbed it and fed it to the lake. I had my son with me in the stroller so I didn't look for it but maybe 10 minutes. It has my name and number in it but I've NEVER gotten a call since living in TX for a found disc. That's what I get for buying a new disc...:(

last week i pulled out of that pond on 15/17....
cfr glow orc 9.5/10
dx dart 8/10
star cro 8/10
pearly champion rhyno 9/10
two had numbers ...i called and have not heard back from them.....i dont get in, i use a 12foot piece of 3/4 inch pvc with a cap on one end with a screw through it .....i tap around on the cap till i hear it hit plastic then drag it carefully with the screw without damaging it....it took me a few months to learn how to pick up on the sound of a disc and not rocks and other stuff , and also to not damage the disc....but after 5 years it works well...i figured someone was going in because there should be alot more in there....p.s my brother in law put a KC Pro Roc in the middle that same day

If you find an orange Z XL, that's me ^_^ I know a guy who lost a beat CE Valk in there too...
I made a cheapo (we'll call it a Tin) Retriever and tried trolling, but after that guy had no luck with his feet, I gave up too. How do you drag it with a screw? Sounds hard...lol. I'll have to go out there with you and watch sometime =]

ive been in that pond to retrieve my disc, you cant believe where those little green algae pieces can end up

Bad Karma....

about 2 months ago, i found an awesome star boss at ewing young. Orange with a jack-o-lantern print. It had a #, but i liked the disc. Since then its been in my bag. Today, i was playing at hoover, and a guy i was playing with said it was his friends favorite disc. I gave it to him, and he gave me a crappy star eagle. I cant throw an eagle for s***. So after he left, it was getting dark. I threw at hole 9 one more time. as i was retrieving my discs (i threw 3) I could find all but 1, my main driver and FAVORITE disc. a orange 174 Elite-z Crush. Carma is a B****!!!!!!:(:(:(

^^^yes it is .....i dont even like to throw discs i have found that have names on them or numbers that are no longer in service......i love to get them to there owners

Wow I didnt have my number on it but I put that I had lost a disc here someone sent me a tell and asked if it was mine, and i told them to keep it seeing as it's a Pro-D XL and is in the U.P. and I don't feel like paying 3.00 to have him mail it to me.

So, I found two discs in the summer (around August), a DX Beast and a DX Cobra (it's older with the old Innova logo). So, I made a post in the lost disc thread on DGO and the guy claimed them and said he'd pick them up as soon as he can. He lives in Toronto which is approx. 1 1/2 to 2 hours away depending on where in Toronto you live. It's now mid-November and he's made no effort to contact me since August.

What do? I have two perfectly usable discs sitting in my closest because I don't want them to get banged up in case he fiiiinalllllly comes to get them. :\

So, I found two discs in the summer (around August), a DX Beast and a DX Cobra (it's older with the old Innova logo). So, I made a post in the lost disc thread on DGO and the guy claimed them and said he'd pick them up as soon as he can. He lives in Toronto which is approx. 1 1/2 to 2 hours away depending on where in Toronto you live. It's now mid-November and he's made no effort to contact me since August.

What do? I have two perfectly usable discs sitting in my closest because I don't want them to get banged up in case he fiiiinalllllly comes to get them. :\

I would probably just throw em

just did my first tournament and got a SWEET champ glow leopard for signing up for the tourney (great stamp also)

and i promply lost in on it's 4th throw a few days later

hole #8, parma, ohio

name and numbers on it, hope it comes home :(

so I lost an Elite-Z Buzz at Giles Run @Laurel Hill Park back in mid June of this year. I loved this disc. It was a tourney trophy disc I had won from a Homegrown Tour stop at Tar River in North Carolina. I lost it in the thorns on hole 9, deep right of the basket. I loved this disc! it was a beautiful dyed purple and gold with the Homegrown stamp on it...great disc. So I lost it in June and here it is Nov. 13 and I get a call from an 815 area code, normally I don't answer from numbers I don't know, but this time i did. I pick it up and the guy on the other end says "Is this Tom Schilling?" and I say "yeah" and he says "I found your disc, i'm at hole 10 of a course in Blacksburg." I say "No ****! I've never even been to Blacksburg, what disc?" And he proceeds to describe to me the disc that I loved, and lost, almost 250 miles away from where this guy found it! I told the guy that I would be more than willing to send him some cash if he would send me my disc back and he said he was on a roadtrip, but expected to be home tomorrow and he would call me to arrange it. This guy's got great karma coming his way!!! I hope he gets an ace!!! and i can't wait to see my long lost trophy buzz again!!!

I left my beat champ wraith sitting on on hole nine at Saddle Hills in White Settlement, TX. I parked it and forgot to pick it up after the putt...................UGH. This is the only champion plastic in my bag...probably the last champion plastic that will ever be in my bag.

Found an FLX Challenger the other day, called the guy and he was amazed that someone called trying to return a disc. Told him I would leave it at the park office for him to pick up. He thanked me profusely... Later the same guy calls me back and said to just keep it! He was still amazed that someone tried to return a lost disc.
Haven't thrown it yet, but maybe I'll get out the portables and give it a fling.

If you find an orange Z XL, that's me ^_^ I know a guy who lost a beat CE Valk in there too...
I made a cheapo (we'll call it a Tin) Retriever and tried trolling, but after that guy had no luck with his feet, I gave up too. How do you drag it with a screw? Sounds hard...lol. I'll have to go out there with you and watch sometime =]

pulled out of the pond #15/17 at Buckhorn today......still didnt find your lopan

star aviar p&a
champ boss
champ viking
champ aviar
old dx eagle
dx stable roc
champ orc
star firebird

1 had a # and i will be returning it to him next time im up there
3 were thrown in as i was standing there looking so i got them out for them
4 no names.... no #....so there in the collection

boy that water was cold!!

I lost my KC Pro Banshee at hole #4 at Towne Lake in Mckinney, TX. While playing hole 2, I gazed across the creek and saw a green disk. When I got to where I could get to it, I did. A couple of holes later someone holler out across a few holes asking if anyone found a green disc. I asked what it was, they knew, so I gave it back. Oh, well. It was just a beat Cheetah. Made me feel good though.

I'm thinking about going back tomorrow and scavenging the creek because I saw at least 2 other disks I could've gotten to but I didn't have the attire for scrounging. If there are names and/or numbers, I will call.

My buddy lost his only driver (a Blue DX Valk) today at Tyler Park (in Newtown, PA)... Its beat to hell and I was gonna get him a champ for xmas, but he was kinda upset, so keep an eye out Tyler players!

aj

PS his name/number is on the back

update

so I lost an Elite-Z Buzz at Giles Run @Laurel Hill Park back in mid June of this year. I loved this disc. It was a tourney trophy disc I had won from a Homegrown Tour stop at Tar River in North Carolina. I lost it in the thorns on hole 9, deep right of the basket. I loved this disc! it was a beautiful dyed purple and gold with the Homegrown stamp on it...great disc. So I lost it in June and here it is Nov. 13 and I get a call from an 815 area code, normally I don't answer from numbers I don't know, but this time i did. I pick it up and the guy on the other end says "Is this Tom Schilling?" and I say "yeah" and he says "I found your disc, i'm at hole 10 of a course in Blacksburg." I say "No ****! I've never even been to Blacksburg, what disc?" And he proceeds to describe to me the disc that I loved, and lost, almost 250 miles away from where this guy found it! I told the guy that I would be more than willing to send him some cash if he would send me my disc back and he said he was on a roadtrip, but expected to be home tomorrow and he would call me to arrange it. This guy's got great karma coming his way!!! I hope he gets an ace!!! and i can't wait to see my long lost trophy buzz again!!!

so i'm going to meet the guy who found my disc on his way through town. I asked him what he throws so i can give him a disc and some cash and he tells me he's a noob, he's got 3 discs total, 2 drivers and a putter. so i've decided to give him a set, he's getting an AvengerSS in elite-z, an ESP Buzz, and a Warlock putter...all for doing a good dead. I hope the ******* that found my disc originally at Giles Run then lost it in Blacksburg reads this and realizes what he missed out on...if it's got a number, call it, you'll probably get to keep it anyway, or get something better.

Latest posts