• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

Just got my surge ss from the marketplace today, threw it once and then on # 5 at Tendick Nature Park (Blind dogleg left), sidearm hyzered it and lost it..looked for 30 minutes, left it, then on 12 I could hear someone on 5 yelling they found a yellow surge ss..went back through the woods and asked all the groups playing (was wednesday leagues) and no one said they did..name and # on it but no hopes of that coming back... damnit.

Not really a lost disc story but I feel it applies. When I can't find a disc on an open hole or lightly wooded I return to the tee and try to replicate the throw to show me the correct area I should be looking. It almost always works and about half the time I find the first disc I threw first, even though I was walking directly to where I saw the 2nd one go.

Lost my pink tye dye'd destroyer on Mt. Airy #17 ...spent 30 mins looking before the heat finally got to me and i gave up :( ....but found a blue brand new valkyrie christian sandstorm edition one while lookin for mine.

Hyland eats another

Off the 16 tee, my white 150 class DIscraft XL caromed off a couple trees and VANISHED (even though I heard it crashing around). Nice cliff.

:wall:

I lost my favorite disc today, a perfectly beat in 180g KC pro 11x roc. It was the first disc I ever owned and I used it at least once on most holes. I threw it into the pond on hole 1 of the central michigan university course.

I miss placed an A_P dyed Vision Friday at Jordan at #9. Landed near a row of trees and thick grape vines to the left. Had to punch threw a hedge. After a fat half hour and finding the same can 5 times I just gave up. Walked up twords the pin and there it was just sitting in the fairway. #30 feet from where I was looking. It was a happy moment.

Not really a lost disc story but I feel it applies. When I can't find a disc on an open hole or lightly wooded I return to the tee and try to replicate the throw to show me the correct area I should be looking. It almost always works and about half the time I find the first disc I threw first, even though I was walking directly to where I saw the 2nd one go.

My luck I'd lose 'em both. If it works for you, great, but not sure I would try this this. Most of my lost discs are throws I couldn't reproduce, or wouldn't want to.

I lost my favorite disc today, a perfectly beat in 180g KC pro 11x roc. It was the first disc I ever owned and I used it at least once on most holes. I threw it into the pond on hole 1 of the central michigan university course.

You prbably kalready kno, but more recent Beasts are less stable thae older ones. The older, more stable Beast mold overlapped with the Orc, so they changed the wing, dropping the stability a fairly significant amount.

Found a Innova disc with a custom message written on it at Summit Park in Summit, IL. It looks like it was a gift from a groom to a groomsman perhaps. No phone number. Message me if the disc belongs to you or if you can put me in contact with the owner.

Found a JK Aviar Putter at Winshape DGC, name and number on the back belonged to the previous owner, it was traded. Let me know if its yours! Sweet print on it!

Lost Spartan glo disc on hole #4 Cold Brook Park (Climax, MI)

Missing Spartan disc, REWARD offered $50 CASH
Call Ben at 269.760.4564 to collect.
Lost on hole #4 on 6/5/11. It's a glow firebird as seen below.
Off the tee box I hit the first tree on the left by the fence line (right before the pine tree that was just cut down) and it bounced left into the woods about 20-30 yards. I cant find it. Its very sentimental and would love to have it back. SOMEONE HELP ME!!! IM LOST WITHOUT SPARTY

Lost at Cold Brook Park in Climax, Michigan on hole #4. the disc has my name and number on it.

Attachments

• IMG_1811.jpg
    IMG_1811.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 15
  • tee.jpg
    tee.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 18
Missing Spartan disc, REWARD offered $50 CASH
Call Ben at 269.760.4564 to collect.
Lost on hole #4 on 6/5/11. It's a glow firebird as seen below.
Off the tee box I hit the first tree on the left by the fence line (right before the pine tree that was just cut down) and it bounced left into the woods about 20-30 yards. I cant find it. Its very sentimental and would love to have it back. SOMEONE HELP ME!!! IM LOST WITHOUT SPARTY

Lost at Cold Brook Park in Climax, Michigan on hole #4. the disc has my name and number on it.

Just go down there when it's getting dark. Hopefully it will be glowing for you! Sorry if you already tried that.

I got a new KCRoc the other day and took it out for a round. It is a black disc with red foil tourney stamp (Scarboro Scorcher ((odd name?) ha). We had played all the way up to 19 (practice hole) and I had used this Roc to birdie 5-6 holes during the round. I let it go with an errant throw and then started looking. My friend and I looked for about an hour and then called it a night due to it getting dark. I went back the following morning and searched for another hour and no luck.. So I finally said "Ahh. f... it... Im just gonna take a piss and play the course" as soon as I started pissing I looked up towards the sky and the disc was about 35ft up a tree!! I had looked in this tree at least twice before when we were searching.. I have no idea how I missed it.

Shook the tree and it fell right down... Later in the day I hit a 200ft putt/approach on the same hole. I think the hole was paying me back for my hard work. hah

I am having a good year so far. Lost my Soft Magnet in a stream, it is black and the stream is murky so even after 3 attempts with help I still couldn't find it (although I did find an unmarked Destroyer). 2 weeks after it went in the drink, I got the call and got it back!

Played in the Surly Open last weekend and took my new Surly stamped Stratus out to throw for the first time yesterday, used it on the first 5 holes and was starting to like it, so I thought I should write my info on it. Write my info and the next throw it hits a tree and takes a sharp right into the woods, searched for about 20 mins with no luck. Went back this morning and looked again, no luck. Got a text this afternoon, will get it back tomorrow!

I have found 4 unmarked discs this year, returned the 2 that did have a #, and got back the 2 I lost!

The only disc I've lost in the year I've been playing seriously happened not too long ago. I lost the first driver I purchased, a white DX Valkyrie on a recommendation from a friend. It's got my number on the back, but whoever finds it can keep it.

Am I missing something? How do I add a lost disc to a course?

I lost a friend's red Innova Leopard in the brush to the left of hole 8 at Knob Hill Park in Warrendale, PA. It's probably not going to show up until the leaves fall off the trees, but if anyone finds it, it has "Curtis" written underneath.

Am I missing something? How do I add a lost disc to a course?

I lost a friend's red Innova Leopard in the brush to the left of hole 8 at Knob Hill Park in Warrendale, PA. It's probably not going to show up until the leaves fall off the trees, but if anyone finds it, it has "Curtis" written underneath.

you need to add the disc to your organizer then edit the disc and mark it as lost, you also need to have the course marked as played

Speaking of people being jerks (like the guy who called to tell the person that he could screw off because of the other names and numbers scratched out on the disc), how about this:

I found a driver laying in a bush on the fairway for the hole I was playing on a course with plenty of room to avoid overlap from bad shots. It had the guys name and number in it, so I immediately picked up my phone and dialed.

This guy answers all gruff sounding. I said, "Hey, I'm looking for Tim." "Who the hell is this?", he replies. "Um, I just found a blue Champ Boss driver at Endicott Park on hole 1." He comes back with, "Leave it the hell alone. I'm playing the course RIGHT NOW and you're messing with my throw." Then he hangs up.

What the hell? I couldn't even see anyone looking around or playing in that direction. Jeesh!

Anyhow, just in case, I'm still looking for someone to call me about my brand new orange Star SL with a blue stamp that disappeared in a very small clump of brush just to the right of the fairway on hole 14 at Sioux Passage park in Florissant, MO. It's been missing for just over a month. It is very well marked with a name and number and a "Pretty please return".

Lost 3 of my 4 go to drivers yesterday.
Katana: Lost it because of a bad throw that skipped deep into thick woods
Flash: Was playing safari/object and it kicked off a tree and went again deep into woods
eagle: Lost it in extreme rough (not on course still playing safari).

Disappointment