• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

Threw my champ sidewinder into the lake on hole 15 at Deer Lakes on Tuesday, hit a twig on the left and it hyzered right in the middle of the lake, boo. I don't mind losing it, as I only throw discs I don't mind losing on that hole, but it was the first piece of plastic I bought that wasn't dx about 3 years ago, so some sentimental value there, but not much.

Threw my DD-stamped, go-to Star Wraith on a slight lefty hyzer and almost aced #5 at Rooster Rock West, only to see it skip 70' past the basket and 30' into the lake. Fortunately I've got other S Wraiths waiting in the wings, but I really used that disc a lot. :(

I found a champion Beast at the Terrace Creek course in Mountlake Terrace, Wa on Sat. I give a call to Joe, who lives in Conn., and he tells me he has never played disc golf in the Great Northwest. Someone found and kept his disc and comes out West and loses it on #18 at Terrace. Long strange trip.

I found a champion Beast at the Terrace Creek course in Mountlake Terrace, Wa on Sat. I give a call to Joe, who lives in Conn., and he tells me he has never played disc golf in the Great Northwest. Someone found and kept his disc and comes out West and loses it on #18 at Terrace. Long strange trip.

That's sad/funny!

Found at Watson Lake in Prescott, AZ on My 3rd: 9v KC PRO Firebird. Called the # to no avail. Has the name Jason "Leppy" in Sharpie on bottom.

The first time I ever threw a disc into the water hazard at my home course, The Sinks, Chattanooga, TN, I went at it with a rake for almost an hour. Came to the conclusion that the rakes are useless, then got in the water. Found mine plus four or five others. I was hooked! Now I go in the water hazards there about once a week. Normally find 10 plus discs. One day I found over twenty!!! And I would say about 70% of them had ink. Any trace of ink at all and I put them in the drop box. Have even been able to return some without ink!! (Hard to do though.) It really surprizes me how many people don't ink their stuff. That said, I don't put ink on anything I own, because I'm not leaving without it!!! If you are ever missing anything there, get in touch with me!

Now my sad story. Went to Camp Jordan, East Ridge, TN. Threw my favorite disc, a USDGC roc, it kissed a tree and sailed right into the damn river! I stared at the river for a good twenty minutes wishing I had went to the sinks! Much more manageable water. My best friend drowned that day!

Lost disc @Victor Ashe in Knoxville TN

Played this course for the first time today, visiting from Louisville and teaching a friend how to play. The course was not exactly obvious what hole was next and holy crap does it need mowed!! I lost a green Champion Panther w name and number included. My friend is local so if someone finds it please let me know and my friend said she would get it back for me. It was lost on hole 5 I think (blind hole over a hill) and it was. Relatively open but the grass is way too long and we couldn't find it anywhere. Spent about 15 minutes looking

BTW we did go to Pluto Discs and I picked up a Neutron Ion and an Eclipse Anode. I liked them a lot. Agree Ion flies very similar to my Wizard. Today was my first game in the rain and my first lost disc, started a year ago. If you were one of the few fools out there w us, I was the one in the Utilikilt and a brown fedora heh

Lost my Gold colored Gold line River at Blendon Woods on hole five. Me and the guys with me thought it was a great shot, and should have landed within a few feet of the pin, but we couldn't find it after a good hour of searching... Has ink, but just me drawing boxes and some lines over the former owner's info in the rim. Really was the only good shot I've had with it, so if it doesn't come back, I guess I will live. I like to think that it hit off the basket and skipped deep in the woods where someone will find it in winter and it will be their favorite disc of all time.

Got a story of someone doing the right thing and the wrong thing in the same day! Lost my favorite, perfectly beat in sword at Roland park about a week ago. A guy calls me today and tells me he found it while looking for his disc. I can't make it out to the course for a few hours so I asked him if he would put in the lost disc box and I'll come pick it up when I get there. I get to the course maybe an hour after he leaves and somebody has snatched it out of the box. For some reason this makes me much angrier than if someone had just found it on the course and kept it...

Got a story of someone doing the right thing and the wrong thing in the same day! Lost my favorite, perfectly beat in sword at Roland park about a week ago. A guy calls me today and tells me he found it while looking for his disc. I can't make it out to the course for a few hours so I asked him if he would put in the lost disc box and I'll come pick it up when I get there. I get to the course maybe an hour after he leaves and somebody has snatched it out of the box. For some reason this makes me much angrier than if someone had just found it on the course and kept it...

Yeah, I've had someone tell me they saw a couple punks shimming discs out of our drop box at The Sinks after I had just filled it with water hazards discs. You know who you are, and we are not gonna go for S*&# like that in Chattanooga. Let me see someone doing it! Also glad I have a phone now so I can just get them back in person as much as possible.

Found a disc, in Mesquite Tx. Had the Name Roush and #75056. Not really sure how to get in touch with this dude to get him his disc back. Any help would be appreciated.

Found a disc, in Mesquite Tx. Had the Name Roush and #75056. Not really sure how to get in touch with this dude to get him his disc back. Any help would be appreciated.

PDGA website, you can find info on person using the #.

I lost my beloved soft Proton Anode (1st run!) yesterday in the lake at Mathews Park in Monroe, GA yesterday.

PDGA website, you can find info on person using the #.

I lost my beloved soft Proton Anode (1st run!) yesterday in the lake at Mathews Park in Monroe, GA yesterday.

PDGA player numbers haven't gotten that high yet...must be some other number

It was more likely his zip code, but not sure why someone would put that on a disc. But that's the zip code of The Colony, TX. about 30 miles from mesquite

Lost my dayglo yellow/green 163g new river yesterday in a lake. Sad thing was right before the throw, I turned to the guy I was playing with and said watch I bet I shank my drive off that tree and it goes sailing into the lake....approach...throw...shank...tree...splash :sick:

Are u kidding me ?!

I was showing a buddy around the new to him course as we have both ended up in this new town .

As I went thru my pre flight check list , I thought ' this is a hard color to see , keep an eye on it ' . So i did , as it went into the perfect hyzer and kissed the last tree , wobbling and fighting for distance . Got it , off the tree , behind the bent over tree , behind that stump , prolly on the trail . Searched for 20 mins., WTF ! Gave up and carried on , knowing I'll get it later.

Came back the next morning with my son , put a bounty on it so he would look for it . An hour later , nothing . Went home .

An hour later , Got the call , let's play !

Told this story in the parking lot , my buddy sold me an orange River .
As we got to the hole , I told the story again and sent my new River on its maiden voyage . It goes off the tree in front of the tree I hit the first time !
"that's it ! That's exactly how I lost it ! "

And we searched .....

One of the buds tells me as I give up for the third time , " so and so says he doesn't return discs " . "WTF , I just gave him back 2 that I had found !"

I really hope I don't see him or his crew with it ...

I KNOW it's hiding on edge in the bushes , waiting to come home...

Haven't played this course since , got talked into going out last weekend .
Guess what happened on the same hole ?

Yup , there goes my brand new Ti Page Pierce PINK Stalker , GONE !

Told the other 2 to carry on after 20 mins. , not leaving without Pink Page !
They continued to help , and even after it was spotted under a log , between stumps , I couldn't see it ! Pretty much had to be led by hand to pick it up !

And I didn't think it was that great of a shot , but if it wasn't for trying to putt over bushes , it was an easy birdie !

I know River went farther than that , I know it's still out there ....:doh:

Psychic !

Lost my dayglo yellow/green 163g new river yesterday in a lake. Sad thing was right before the throw, I turned to the guy I was playing with and said watch I bet I shank my drive off that tree and it goes sailing into the lake....approach...throw...shank...tree...splash :sick:

So , just wondering if u could give me 6 or 7 numbers for the lotto this weekend , or be able to tell me where my River flew to ? :)