• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

In the lake at Winthrop: a cool grey/green swirly Star Thunderbird with a pre-JK green glitter stamp. Name and phone number (at least) are on the underside of it.

A dude was wading in the water not 40 feet from where it went in - he couldn't find it right then. Or so he says... :D

I'd pay good money to get that thing back. It was a gift, first of all. Secondly, it was a very effective disc, just breaking in...

Lost a Monarch Champion I-dye at Hidden Diamonds in Albion Indiana. Stupid though because it fell out of my sons bag at some point. The bag tipped over as he put it on sloped ground and it must have slipped out. He had it in the bag that day and when we got home and were putting his bag away we noticed he was missing that disc. He was bummed but it made him realize he needs to be more careful and I need to keep a better eye out for him. We didn't have it marked and when we went back there the next day we didn't find it, so hopefully somebody is getting good use out of it!

When my Dad took me out to play golf, we always counted our clubs before we left, either on the last green, or before putting our bags in the car. That's a good time to find out if you left a club on the course.
So I do that now with my DG bag, count your discs before you leave the course! :thmbup:

When my Dad took me out to play golf, we always counted our clubs before we left, either on the last green, or before putting our bags in the car. That's a good time to find out if you left a club on the course.
So I do that now with my DG bag, count your discs before you leave the course! :thmbup:

I'd be doing it far more often than that if i were you.

It's a lot easier to identify where you forgot a disc if you check your bag every few holes, instead of getting back to the car and having to go back through your entire round to try to figure out where you left one.

Depending on the course, realizing you left a disc on hole 9 when you finish hole 18 could involve LOTS of walking/frustration/getting lost, etc. Not to mention, the longer your disc is sitting there, the more likely it is some peckerhead will come by, find it, and stuff it in their own bag...

Hi, total noob here. I may have left/lost a NEON Orange DX Roc3 at Harmony Bends (in COMO) at maybe the 18th hole, or at/near the practice basket by the parking lot, a few months ago. I just noticed it was missing from my bag the other day....? Which is weird cause my OCD causes me to triple check and count all 22 discs in my bag before I move onto the next hole... on every hole... and especially when I'm packing up to leave the course. I've posted on FB w/ the local clubs etc. Total noob mistake of not putting my name or ph # on it, but I did write in SUPER BOLD: "167" on the inside =).

I guess this is a lil' bit-o-the-karma. My 1st time out there I found a Boss. There wasn't a name or ph # on it, so I kept it. I should not be throwing a 13 speed... I can't even get my used beat-in Valkyrie to turn over (noodle arm). So, if you have any info on my Roc3 or you lost a Boss, and can describe it, hit me up.

Thanks

ps. Is it worth posting on the course page for Harmony Bends on dgcoursereview.com (not the forums)?

So This Happened, or, Funny How Stuff Goes, in Two Parts

Sunday, I played Nevin with 4 of my buddies. They were running late. As I warmed up at the practice basket, two other guys pulled in. All of us waiting on late-comers.
We start chatting about putters, as tends to happen in these scenarios, right?

I tell them the story of how I lost my 1991 2-Chain Aviar back in 2017, and how it's been a real pain trying to figure out what to use in its stead. I've tried all kinds of stuff. Eventually settled on Wardens. Then I lost my two, in the same day, and once again: Tailspin.
So one of the guys says something like, "Our buddy found one of those Aviars, I think. He can't throw it, though. No name in it, so he just keeps it around..."

(Lest anyone start making mental leaps forward, just stop. This is not That Kind of Story. But it's close...)

Anyway, the third friend shows up, and within a minute, I'm staring at a 1991 2-Chain Aviar! Took my breath away for a second. I immediately walk to the guy (he's still unloading his gear) and offer $20 for it. He accepts. I'm about to run to the ATM, when one of MY buddies finally shows up, and I bum the cash so these guys don't have to wait on me.

So now, I have The Perfect Disc back in my bag. The day - hell, the YEAR - is a huge success as far as I'm concerned. I know that there are some who would pay (or charge!) a good bit more for the disc. For me, it's not about what it may be worth. It's about restoring balance to the Universe, and about having a putter I can trust again. If anyone here feels like I 'worked' the guy, please know that the $20 offer just leaped out of me, and he didn't hesitate, so I ran with it. And it will never be anywhere but in my bag or in a basket.

So ends part I.

Later, on one of the last holes (forget which one, exactly), we're looking for D's disc in the rough. We found it eventually. But in the process, I found a Diamond. "Easy To Use Fairway Driver." Says it right there on the thing. And it has a name and phone number.
So I text the number from home later: "Hi, Alex. Found your disc at Nevin. Happy to send it to you or meet up in CLT, etc."
Alex writes back, "Oh, did you find my Panther?"
I send a photo. Nope, not a Panther.
"Wow. Dang. I bought that one right after I lost my Panther!" And so on. Then, the next day, Alex says, "If you don't mind, I'm going to give my buddy your number. He lives in CLT and maybe you guys can catch up. If not, just keep it."
I'm digging Alex. Very easy guy to get along with, right?
I text back all the stuff Alex needs to know, so that his buddy can reach me or find me at a course. "Anything I can do to help, man."

"I'm a girl, btw, LOL."

So now I'm embarrassed. Stupid assumptions!

Then, while I'm gathering my not-insubstantial political-maneuvering-language, she texts: "Hey, I didn't realize we both know Jake! I'm on the phone with him now..."

"Sorry, Alexandria. Um, I know several Jakes. Give him my number if he doesn't already have it." See, I wouldn't ask for someone's last name in this situation. Feels intrusive, somehow.

As it turns out, she had no problem sharing the last name, and of course, it was one of my 4 good buddies I played with that day.
Dude was with me when I found the thing, but I guess he probably didn't see the name, or if he did, it didn't register...

End Part II

The number of people playing Disc Golf grows by leaps every year. Somehow, though, that DG world seems to be getting smaller and smaller...

Trippy, right? What a Sunday. (I threw +4 for the day, from the short tees. Felt good about it, but really don't care in the face of all this other Cosmic Goodness. Jake threw like -4, I think. He has ninja skills.)

Thanks for giving me the forum in which to tell these stories. Lord knows, my wife is sick to death of them.

I learned a valuable noob lesson recently. I was playing a 300' hole that had a row of cedar trees to the right and water after that. The water was probably 25' away and ran all the way down the length of the hole. So I tee off and my drive goes about halfway and cuts right into the trees. The trees stopped it from hitting the water but I was still mad at the lousy shot. So I grabbed a Buzzz and threw it with all the anger I could muster. This one went higher than the trees before deciding to turn right so into the water it went. Lesson learned. If you're near water and can find your first throw, don't throw another.

I learned a valuable noob lesson recently. I was playing a 300' hole that had a row of cedar trees to the right and water after that. The water was probably 25' away and ran all the way down the length of the hole. So I tee off and my drive goes about halfway and cuts right into the trees. The trees stopped it from hitting the water but I was still mad at the lousy shot. So I grabbed a Buzzz and threw it with all the anger I could muster. This one went higher than the trees before deciding to turn right so into the water it went. Lesson learned. If you're near water and can find your first throw, don't throw another.
Haha yeeeep. Frustration throws never work. Actually throwing multiples on the course (in frustration or not) seems to exponentially increase the odds of looking for a disc. Just one of those things that doesn't seem like it should be true, but is.

Lost an E-Mac Truth at Rolling Pines in Wilkesboro yesterday. It's got a splatter-paint finish on it, like pinks and blues on a white disc.
Didn't actually lose it, just left it on the ground after a shot. Stupid beer.

It has my son's name and phone number on it. If found, please call. I will come get it or pay for the shipping. It was one of his first purchased discs, and I feel like a heel for leaving it.

Stupid beer.

So I played this course again yesterday. Chunked another disc in the freakin water. This hole is 100% in my head at this point. However, this time I didn't lose my mind along with the disc, threw again and did so-so on it. So maybe that's an improvement. :wall:

Losing my brand new Fuzion Warden

I live in Houston and I'm pretty new to disc golf. I was playing a putter only round when it was raining and the usually shallow water flow was moving fast and was super high that day. I tossed it in the water and it was gone. I was about to take a trip to visit my girlfriend out of state so I quickly ordered a new one so I could have it to play with her. When I got there I didn't have time to put my name and number on it. We went out and on the 7th hole lost it, searched for an hour, and couldn't find it.

This is where the crazy part comes in. Two days later we go back (after ordering a new one for the third time) and we were warming up on the practice basket when two guys show up and one pulls out an orange disc that looks like my Warden. I overhear them talking about how he randomly found it and couldn't find the owner. I walked over and mentioned it might be mine, he was a great guy and gave it back. So now I have two Wardens but I can't complain. Absolutely crazy timing.

So yesterday I got a text from a random number saying they found my disc in Houston and wanted to return it. So now I have 3 Fuzion Burst Wardens haha. I can't complain but when I thought there was no hope I now have all my discs back. Talk about lucky.

In 2010, I lost a DX Archangel. Last night a guy calls me saying he found it. He said his young son picked it up and put it in the trunk of their car some years ago and he was cleaning the trunk out and called the number to get the disc back to me. I asked him when his son found it and he said probably 7 years ago.

Cypress Point in Tampa Friday, I had a blind upshot that sailed past the basket and into the water. My first time playing the course and didn't even see there was water there. It's a red protostar Mirage with a cool rainbow stamp, so I was pretty bummed. Next day I get a text from a guy who found it. Low tide. :D

Lost my go to JK Aviar in a rushing creek at a course a state away. Got a text from someone who found it while walking their dog. It was an older fellow, not a disc golfer. He didn't know what it was, but figured he would try to return it. I helped him find a good place to hide it and my brother in law, who lives in the area, went and found it for me. The next day the old man called me to confirm that we had retrieved it. He seemed really nice, and I was honestly quite touched by his kindness.

Mingo Creek

Just got to play a new 9, Mingo Creek, on my way home from Pittsburgh.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=11611

Unfortunately, the rough on some of the grassy holes is ROUGH! My tee shot on #7 turned just slightly too much to the right side of the fairway and I actually expected a possible kick out into the fairway. It didn't happen though. I can't imagine the the disc, a brightly colored/multi colored Aviar, could be more than 5' off of the fairway. I searched from the edge, looking high and low, moving stuff with my stop, but there was no way to get back into the rough.

Too bad... it was a beautifully seasoned Star P & A. :(

Lost this past Sunday, at Scrapyard in Charlotte:

VIP Warship, Yellow w/gold stamp
G* Thunderbird, kind of a burnt umber/reddish orange, blue stamp. Multiple Ace disc.
My name and number are on the inner rims of both.

Both left on the ground after second shots. Because, as it it turns out... margaritas are not for breakfast.

Lost BT Medium Harp at Silver Creek, Manitowoc WI. Played a round just before Silver Cup 2020 and somehow lost this disc. Threw it on an upshot on 17. Picked up and bagged it. Got to 18 and it was gone. Vanished. Went back and could not find it anywhere. Asked other near groups but no dice. Ironically, the group I let play through on 18 while I puzzled the quandary found a Maiden left at the basket.
Still no idea what happened. Apparently a wormhole opened up in the bag and sent it to another disc golf dimension....

Actually got a bit of a story...

Local 9 hole course has a pond and the final 3 holes play over and/or next to the pond. It is a windy, open course, so a lot of people put discs in the drink. I've never really been into fishing, but I've discovered that I really enjoy trolling around with a retriever. I love getting discs back and I hope that I can make someone else's day in the same way. And I've learned the right weather conditions for finding discs and it isn't uncommon for me to pull in 2 or 3 discs in a quick session.

The other day, I go to play after work. There are a lot of park users that are frustrating me, so I bail on my round and troll for discs. I find 2 discs. One has a name, no number. One has a number, no name. Put the first one on the local FB lost and found group. Text a pic of the disc to the number on back for the other disc. Person immediately texts back. They thank me, but they also tell me where they lost another disc on course. I reply too many geese around the pond on that hole. They reply back with a dropped pin on google maps on where they lost the other disc.

Totally didn't sit well with me at all.

Actually got a bit of a story...

Local 9 hole course has a pond and the final 3 holes play over and/or next to the pond. It is a windy, open course, so a lot of people put discs in the drink. I've never really been into fishing, but I've discovered that I really enjoy trolling around with a retriever. I love getting discs back and I hope that I can make someone else's day in the same way. And I've learned the right weather conditions for finding discs and it isn't uncommon for me to pull in 2 or 3 discs in a quick session.

The other day, I go to play after work. There are a lot of park users that are frustrating me, so I bail on my round and troll for discs. I find 2 discs. One has a name, no number. One has a number, no name. Put the first one on the local FB lost and found group. Text a pic of the disc to the number on back for the other disc. Person immediately texts back. They thank me, but they also tell me where they lost another disc on course. I reply too many geese around the pond on that hole. They reply back with a dropped pin on google maps on where they lost the other disc.

Totally didn't sit well with me at all.

That's funny to me, da noive of some people...

"Hey, since yer out there, would you mind backtracking several holes to find my other one? And while yer at it, how about building a bridge halfway out into the pond...and attach a 100' rope to a metal rake-head and a cleat...Oh, hey! How about...go buy a waterproof drone and run it underwater; my buddy and his girlfriend's cousin's wife lost a Cobra last year..."

People are ridiculous sometimes.

Latest posts