• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

Left my Lizotte Tilt at a course the other day after trying a stupid "over the trees/Simon" practice line. Some kind soul found it and actually posted on the local FB page about it. I had failed to ink it but he still tried to find me. I appreciate people like that.

I've been on a losing streak of late: pink Prodigy MX3 up at Edwards in Dalton (red Cale stamp, not inked), red plasma Insanity at a course up in Cumming, peachy Wave and pink H5 at Oregon in Marietta (all inked). As appears to be a common theme here, hoping for better behavior from the second finders. Still, there's something quite satisfying about reuniting someone you don't know with their stuff for the simple sake of doing it.

Waller Mill Park in Williamsburg Virginia. I lost a blue neutron Relay just off to the left of hole 10. Fairly flat lightly wooded area but I just couldn't find it. I looked for awhile but no luck and it was getting dark soon so I had to leave. Unfortunately it wasn't inked. I emailed one of the local club guys but never got a response. Would love to get it back but chances are slim...

Lost one yesterday. First time in a while.

Hole 5 at Badlands. Basket is currently left of the creek leaving two options: straight through a very small window in the trees/bushes over the creek or hyzer over the top.

Last time over the top worked out quite well. Yesterday not so much.

Left a Reaper about 40' up in a tree at Riverfront in Fridley on Friday. Got a text the next morning that it had come down. Asked him to hide it, he hid it under some pine needles and marked the spot. Grabbed it yesterday afternoon.

I overshot a basket at Buckhorn in New Hill NC, straight into the water. With my golden retriever I rescued some guys Ion. Sent him pics of where I was stashing it. Put it at the base of a tree that a Sasquatch had bent over. He was super pumped!

I got a text from a stranger today with a picture of a DX Teebird that I lost in 2013. I haven't heard back as to where they found it. I told them to keep it. Boy, the stories that disc could probably tell.

I got a text from a stranger today with a picture of a DX Teebird that I lost in 2013. I haven't heard back as to where they found it. I told them to keep it. Boy, the stories that disc could probably tell.

Imagine if it was still in the spot where you lost it 8 years ago. Deep in the woods, buried under a ton of leaves all these years only for someone to finally dig it up.

Bummed, lost two discs in the water today a Scorpion and Barracuda that I had since the 90's. Dang things went straight and didn't turn. Guess I will only throw newer discs near water, easier to replace.

There is no swimming in the lake but temped to strap on a tank and go SCUBA diving.

This one hurt...

At Eastway in Charlotte last Sunday - lost a very old G-Star Thunderbird. Kind of a dark orange, almost red. I have a few aces on that thing, and have nothing even close to it in terms of how much it can be trusted... Name and number are on the rim underneath, but maybe faded a bit...

The bitch of it is that it was a really good drive. Can't recall the hole number, but I laced it down the right side of the fairway, abut pin-high. It nestled under the leaves somewhere.

Dagnabbit!

If found, I will pay for it. No questions asked.

EDIT: I will ask one question: what's your name? So I can name a child after you. :D

This one hurt...

At Eastway in Charlotte last Sunday - lost a very old G-Star Thunderbird. Kind of a dark orange, almost red. I have a few aces on that thing, and have nothing even close to it in terms of how much it can be trusted... Name and number are on the rim underneath, but maybe faded a bit...

The bitch of it is that it was a really good drive. Can't recall the hole number, but I laced it down the right side of the fairway, abut pin-high. It nestled under the leaves somewhere.

Dagnabbit!

If found, I will pay for it. No questions asked.

EDIT: I will ask one question: what's your name? So I can name a child after you. :D

Oof. I lost 2 good Thunderbirds this season.

Oof. I lost 2 good Thunderbirds this season.

Painful, ain't it? If the course hadn't been so crowded, I might have spent more time looking. As it was, we just had to keep moving.

(Mine looked similar to the one in your avatar photo. *Sniff* I'll miss her.)

I still have a Champ version, and a Swirly Star version. But neither does the same work...

Sorry for your losses, sir.

Lost a cheap disc on my favorite course a couple months ago, had my own "artwork/doodles" on it, came back every day for the week searching for it, have given up on getting it back.

Did also manage to lose another disc in a small pond filled with probably 2 feet of water, mud and who know what kind of toxic crap (old WW2 site in a forest) a month or so after getting into this sport, did get it back along with 3 unmarked discs (1 purple Innova Star Archon Distance Driver, 1 yellow Innova Pro Beast Distance Driver and 1 pink Dynamic Discs Sheriff Lucid Distance Driver), those come with me everywhere for luck.

Shanked my favorite thumber disc into some deep vegetation near a creek about a month ago and couldn't find it.

A city worker who was cleaning up the creek found it today and called me. He could have easily just tossed it out with the trash and moved along but was considerate enough to return it to me.

Glad to have it back as its been difficult to replace.

Found this sweet, old school X-Comet at a local course:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Turns out "PAD 7979" is... Pad Timmons, Vice President of Discraft.
Not that I think he's gonna have a problem replacing an X-Comet, and I'm not looking for plastic or any other merch as a reward for doing the right thing. But given how old the stamp is, and his position in the company...

I'm just kinda hoping there's some sort of history or cool story to this disc. Might be an Ace disc or... who knows.
It's just an X-Comet. But sometimes, there's more to a disc than mold, weight, plastic and color...
:popcorn:

So I called the company, got his extension and left him a voicemail asking him the best way to get his disc back to him.

Then again, it might just be some rando X-Comet, and he never gets back to me. :\

Attachments

• Comet_front 25.jpg
    Comet_front 25.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 173
  • Comet_back 25.jpg
    Comet_back 25.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
He got back to me, and I'm dropping the disc off this afternoon.

Rumor has it there's an invite only, private course where only Discraft is allowed, but that property's been sold. :(

Mr. Timmons generously offered me a Discraft disc in return. :)

Latest posts