• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Love for the Gazelle

Anyone thrown the Gstars? Where are they on the stability spectrum?

I have two and they are both very stable. I was surprised. They aren't quite as stable as some of the champs but seem to hold a smoother hyzer line. They also aren't the usual Gstar soft plastic. Much firmer and closer to regular Star.

Might as well express my love for the Gazelle while I'm at it. This disc wasn't on my radar for the longest time. It was the forgotten driver as discs got faster. Once the Thunderbird was dropped though I needed a disc to gap between it and mids. I also throw a combination of Starfires and PDs which are fast control drivers as well. I feel like the Gazelle gapped that distance better than even Teebirds. I like how they fly better than Teebirds too. They fly and glide like a mid but also hold lines and fight wind like a driver. They put in A LOT of work for me especially in the woods and some courses are all I throw off the tee. Definitely my favorite standstill/short run up disc. It's the disc in my bag that gets the most "what did you throw there" comments. I usually carry two Factory Store Stars and one Champ. Sometimes more. I have one Star that is dead straight stable, one that is understable and the Champ has a nice little fade to it. Seems to cover about everything I need.

I'm done. Carry on....

Thanks forgot about the gstar. I would put them above the star in terms of stability, but more along the lines of a true gazelle, not the champs or KC

Sad news, fellow Gazelle lovers...

My local shop has informed me that Innova will no longer be making the DX Gazelle.

Go find the coolest looking one you can, and hang it on your wall, quick!

Sad news, fellow Gazelle lovers...

My local shop has informed me that Innova will no longer be making the DX Gazelle.

Go find the coolest looking one you can, and hang it on your wall, quick!

..............................................................................................

You're ****ing kidding me, right?

Its only available in DX and CFR Champ, right?
Hmmm... maybe better hold onto the CFR Glow I had up for sale until this is cleared up.

..............................................................................................

You're ****ing kidding me, right?
The Gazelle was never a great selling disc. It was one of the first small-diameter drivers and it never was able to push Vipers out of the Innovaheads bags. It also didn't compete well with the Cyclone, which was made in a better plastic. Then when the Cheetah came out, I sold five Cheetahs for every Gazelle I sold. By '98 with the Polaris LS and XL on the market, I couldn't even sell the KC Pro Gazelles.

When new players now look back at what was around in '95, they assume that old players had the same preferences for small-diameter drivers that they do and think that the Gazelle was in everyone's bag. It just wasn't.

Everyone I knew in the mid/late 90s had a Gazelle, including me.

I sold discs in the mid/late 90's. I never wanted to run out of Vipers, Cyclones or Cheetahs. Gazelles? I could get by with no Gazelles.

I don't deny that, but of all those discs it would seem to be the Gazelle that had the most staying power.
Anyhow, this is all moot until we get some verification on this rumor.

Either way, the stock of dx will last long so i'm not worried. It just fits my game so well that it pisses me off. Cfr glow will last for years too.

I don't want to find a replacement for the gazelle because the gazelle was my replacement for everything else I tried as a fairway.

I'm not the most reliable source. Just what the store owner told me. They said there will also no longer be an XD or Classic Roc.

XD is definitely going to be OOP; I heard somewhere that the Colt is meant to be its successor/replacement, but don't remember where I heard that so don't take that as gospel truth.

Maybe they'll have special runs of the Classic Roc, but with all the Roc/Roc3 variations (and there's the VRoc too, which is only using the name :p ) around, I'm not surprised they're retiring that one.

As to the Gazelle, I feel for Gazelle users, but I can understand it going OOP. If one looks at the Marshal Street Flight Guide, just above the Gazelle are the Teebird and FD2, and just above left (more OS) is the Eagle. Just below are the Spider and Shark, and just below and left is your Roc3, just below right (understable) is your Buzz.

Looks like the Gazelle just got caught up.

Curious to hear is sales are down on the Gazelle or the rationale. I would think it sells better than Wahoos, Archangel, Dragons etc. I better pickup a handful of max weights just to have. It was the first disc my parents bought me and still today I enjoy playing the occasional Gazelle and Rhyno only rounds like I did growing up.

XD is definitely going to be OOP; .......gx h hdmhdmydmhdmhd hch cmhzgn a jurzutahrarhHrahfzjtzjyzkyxkyxkyzkyxmyxlucluclucluxkyzjyzjtstjsjtstuwutaurayraurau5ai5si6s6. m h hx b.ncljc......

As to the Gazelle, If one looks at the Marshal Street Flight Guide, just above the Gazelle are the Teebird and FD2, and just above left (more OS) is the Eagle. Just below are the Spider and Shark, and just below and left is your Roc3, just below right (understable) is your Buzz.

Looks like the Gazelle just got caught up.
:wall: So never thrown a gazelle?

:wall: So never thrown a gazelle?

QFT. I can't stand when people say crap like "whelp the flight rating says it should be flippey with tons of glide" or "you may want to try a dragon because it is just above it on the Marshall street flight chart". If the knowledge you are about to share is derived from the publicly available and inaccurate sources like these you should just keep it to yourself.