• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] Loving Me Some Aftershock

So this should fit between a comet and wasp nicely then? Or would it overlap a ton with either. For arguments sake lets say the wasp and comet are new and fly as they should

Stability-wise it would. But the Squall is faster than the Wasp too, look at the rim. It's almost Leopard width. I would compare it most directly with the Warship which is also a faster/longer midrange, but the Warship has better glide.

The Squall's a nice disc, I don't think you'd be disappointed.

Stability-wise it would. But the Squall is faster than the Wasp too, look at the rim. It's almost Leopard width. I would compare it most directly with the Warship which is also a faster/longer midrange, but the Warship has better glide.

The Squall's a nice disc, I don't think you'd be disappointed.

Was talking about the aftershock. The squall is nice, doesnt have a spot in my bag though.

Was talking about the aftershock. The squall is nice, doesnt have a spot in my bag though.

Oh, sorry:eek:

Aftershock would fit in between the Comet and Wasp, IMO. I think it's actually a beadless variant of the Wasp, IIRC.

Any difference in the Proline Aftershocks with the "First Flight" stamp and the current ones? Got one for Christmas off eBay. Looks like NOS. Too much snow to test it.

I have a new Proline Squall 168g that I really like. I get a nice grip and release. It's dead straight with a hard fade at 300 ft. Skippy too. Much more stable than my Z Buzzz 172g.

Ive been messin around with a comet/aftershock/ torque (shockwave) combo for a few weeks and really liking it.
It does leave my mids missing a stiff line with strong fade but its nothing my zone, pred, and clone havent been able to cover.

Personally, if i had to pick one though, id take the torque(shockwave) over the aftershock; i can pull most aftershock lines with my comet but i cant get a comet to fly like a torque.

I have wore the new off of my 172g first run pro-d and to me it is like a 7/10 Dx roc. It is a great woods mid for those who aren't crazy about a big bead or premium plastic.

The Aftershock is very Roc-like, but tighter flight path. Its an awesome disc. I've heard understability complaints about D lines. I just got a Proline one but its been a lot of fun putting it on any line and counting on it to hold.

I'm loving my 169g Pro Aftershock. I've let friends throw it, mostly to see if it really is that easy to throw straight, and it is. It maxes out for me around 240-250ft. I ordered a 179g, fearful that this straight out the box disc might want to start turning as it breaks in. I also noticed that it really bounces off trees, so I'm hoping the extra weight keeps it from deflecting too far. It really compliments my Squall, which I start using outside of 240ft. Pick up a Pro line, and you'll be hooked like everyone else I've let throw it.

My 179g Proline Aftershock is now my go to midrange. The extra weight added stability, giving it more versatility. It doesn't deflect off trees as bad, with a deeper knock sound off of trees.

The lighter one is still my straight shooter out to 220-240ft, but the heavier Aftershock I can confidently push out to almost 280ft. For reference, I throw my Squall between 270-300ft. With some more throws, it might beat the Squall as my pick for one disc rounds.

The more you beat aftershocks the better they get. I have a 178 proline that i freakin love, hyzers, dead straight, anny's, it does it all. It's my favorite disc in the bag.

The more you beat aftershocks the better they get. I have a 178 proline that i freakin love, hyzers, dead straight, anny's, it does it all. It's my favorite disc in the bag.

You're right. The heavier Aftershock is pretty awesome after some "tree love" flattened out the flight path. I have to tilt the lighter one a little to let it flip to flat now, but I still use the lighter one when precision is necessary. They've been great for me.

Picked up a Blacktershock (Shasta Criss' nickname for it). Its a SP from '14 BG Ams. Its easy to shape, but it can get away from you in headwinds and crosswinds. This is probably from all the extra glide. I can also push it out past 300ft. I'm honestly not sure if its a FF or not. It doesn't mention it anywhere on the disc. Either way, it fits great between my Prolines and my Squalls. Im still working out release angles, but its my new favorite Aftershock, and it might become my pick for 1 disc rounds.

Latest posts