• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Low power flick putter

Anyone just use a FB?

Not for low power... the Zone just works too well for those shots. Firebirds are fun but have an annoying tendency to skip long. They don't power down well for me. For mids, though, I'll often use a Meteor, Comet, or Buzzz.

Although I don't have one, Berg is great for this. I just use my Anode, works fine, but isn't perfect/specialized.

Discmania Glow C-Line P3. As someone above said, it's not all that overstable, but it serves me well on forehand approaches.

Also, it's not a putter, but a Champion Panther is a good forehand approach disc.

Anode almost every time, even though I am still struggling to control the skip and roll. Birdie when it simply has to sit and stay.

If I'm 75' or less from the basket, I'll flick a KC Aviar. Though I only tend to do that as a get out of trouble shot or if I have an awkward stance that favors a sidearm. Otherwise I'm step putting or throwing a backhand upshot when possible. If it's windy or for shots farther than 75', I'm flicking a flat top Champion Gator. I feel a lot more confident flicking a Gator than any putter I bag. The Gators great for short sidearm flex shots & hyzer upshots. I ordered a Recon Mortar to test out. Hopefully I'll be able to flick it better than my Gators. I'm much better at flicking discs that don't have a bead. Nate Sexton bags a Mortar & throws it sidearm. I wish there were more shallow beadless overstable putters. I hope the Mortar will be similar to a Harp/Zone.

If I'm trying to make it, just one of my normal putting judges. If I'm trying to lay up a hyzer approach, a bt med harp.

I normally flick a theory for low power FHs. I like the extra speed/lower profile yet great glide.

I dont FH putters much.

Champ Zephyr or Birdie

What's your favorite putter for lower power sidearm flick approach shots?

If I'm trying to make it, just one of my normal putting judges. If I'm trying to lay up a hyzer approach, a bt med harp.

I'm with Victor on this one I think.

I just use my normal putting Daggers if I'm trying to make it. Beat Judges for a turnover/hyzer flip flick or if I'm trying to lay up a hyzer approach, my normal hard Harp.

Basically, same putters I already bag thrown sidearm instead of backhand to do the opposite angles. If at all possible, I'll choose a flick hyzer approach every time so most my work goes to my well seasoned Harp.

Depends on the shot but either a Pro-D Zone (if I want a lot of fade) or a Polecat. Sometimes a Serpent if I want low glide.

I don't really see the need for forehand specific discs. I have a pretty evenly split game FH/BH and I just use everything I have for both. An anny line is a little different from a forehand hyzer, and vice versa.

Just practice forehands hyzer/flat/anhyzer. All those shots are useful.