• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MA1 for Worlds is FULL!!!

Hole 5 should be an easy par 4 from the new tee. I don't see many eagles coming on it though.

Well that would be kind-of dumb, wouldn't it? I doubt Stan will let that happen.

Hole 9 on the other hand should be eagle city.

Did I miss something that made this easier? Other than the water behind the basket not being OB, what makes it eagle city now? Does that just give you license to run at the putt for 2? Or what? Or has it always been eagle city for you good players?

I guess I was reading "easy par 4" as meaning "almost always a 3". If it really meant "a good mix of 3's and 4's with more 3's than 4's", then nevermind.

All I know is that the club message board had info about workdays about this time before the clash. I haven't seen a peep about work at Elon thus far.

Last 2 short pads, Stan just did them. I imagine he will try to accomplish that again, although, I think he reads this thread so maybe he will let us know when he is pouring so some people can get out and help.

Looking forward to July - Played BG Ams two weeks ago and had surgery last week so should be ready to resume playing end of May. MM1 should be a crazy competitive division in Charlotte. Going to be playing the courses blind (getting there Sunday so Monday is a "see the courses" day for me) so any input on priorities of courses to look at is appreciated. I love wooded courses so just glad I don't see any wide open distance competition courses.

MM1 currently listed as
Reedy Creek 2x
Angry Beaver
Hornet's Nest
Winget
Sugaw

What priority should be given as far as where the most shots could be gained/lost?

Looking forward to July - Played BG Ams two weeks ago and had surgery last week so should be ready to resume playing end of May. MM1 should be a crazy competitive division in Charlotte. Going to be playing the courses blind (getting there Sunday so Monday is a "see the courses" day for me) so any input on priorities of courses to look at is appreciated. I love wooded courses so just glad I don't see any wide open distance competition courses.

MM1 currently listed as
Reedy Creek 2x
Angry Beaver
Hornet's Nest
Winget
Sugaw

What priority should be given as far as where the most shots could be gained/lost?

Angry Beaver - mutli shot holes where placement is key
Winget - short course but several blind shots and interesting shaped holes.
Reedy Creek - easiest course but blind holes 6,7,11,13,14,17
Nest - 2nd toughest course, front 9 is pretty straight forward. several elevated baskets - if rushed play 8-18
Sugaw- tight course, lots of ob but lines are pretty obvious, hitting them can be difficult

Elon and Winget are on same side of town. Sugaw, Reedy and Nest on the other side.

Last edited:
Angry Beaver - mutli shot holes where placement is key
Winget - short course but several blind shots and interesting shaped holes.
Reedy Creek - easiest course but blind holes 6,7,11,13,14,17
Nest - 2nd toughest course, front 9 is pretty straight forward. several elevated baskets - if rushed play 8-18
Sugaw- tight course, lots of ob but lines are pretty obvious, hitting them can be difficult

Elon and Winget are on same side of town. Sugaw, Reedy and Nest on the other side.

Thanks for the info - One other question, Which courses are best/worst for a righty throwing almost all forehand.

Well that would be kind-of dumb, wouldn't it? I doubt Stan will let that happen.

Did I miss something that made this easier? Other than the water behind the basket not being OB, what makes it eagle city now? Does that just give you license to run at the putt for 2? Or what? Or has it always been eagle city for you good players?

Hole 5: wide open drive, manageable upshot = relatively easy 3. Wind is the depending factor on whether this will be an easy 3, but safe play should yield a 4 no problem.

Hole 9: with the water behind the basket not OB it gives the ability to run at the Eagle putt every time as long as your drive is clean... I'm currently rated 863 and eagle this one fairly often now. Before the OB changed, I hit chains from the tee on a flare and wound up OB for a drop-in circle 3, also I would rarely run at the eagle putt if it was a downhill putt at the creek when the OB was in play. I fully expect to see a lot of 2's carded from higher caliber players than myself. The fact that it no longer plays as an island (only one tee shot before drop zone) gives the player the option to go for it with little penalty.

Hole 9: with the water behind the basket not OB it gives the ability to run at the Eagle putt every time as long as your drive is clean...

I've never gotten a 2 on this hole and don't think there will be that many 2's during worlds. There will be a few but there will be many many more 4's and 5's than 2's. Not calling you out AJ but I've played that course with you several times (including doubles IIRC) and I've never seen you or anyone card a 2.

It's not that it's so long it can't be hit but it's a tight uphill tee shot with a lot of hyzer (and OB). A 3 will be a good score on this hole regardless of the casual water behind the basket. I don't know too many people that will be unafraid to run at it and risk having to putt from the bottom of the ravine behind the creek.

Hole 5 should end up relatively routine.

I've never gotten a 2 on this hole and don't think there will be that many 2's during worlds. There will be a few but there will be many many more 4's and 5's than 2's. Not calling you out AJ but I've played that course with you several times (including doubles IIRC) and I've never seen you or anyone card a 2.

It's not that it's so long it can't be hit but it's a tight uphill tee shot with a lot of hyzer (and OB). A 3 will be a good score on this hole regardless of the casual water behind the basket. I don't know too many people that will be unafraid to run at it and risk having to putt from the bottom of the ravine behind the creek.

Hole 5 should end up relatively routine.

I've two'd 3 out of the last 6 times I played it. Carded 3 twice and one circle 4 (missed my drive line.

You always throw a mid when I've played it with you when you could easily deuce with a well placed driver.

Remember, wont be a meter in past the basket if long in water. Since it is casual you would have to throw from the water in the creek or take your disc back "farther" to the other shoreline. Won't make for an easy drop in, even if you elect to take putt from the drink. I've never seen anyone 2 it...but I stay away from there like the plague so who knows. It's been over a year since I played that hole.

Refresh my memory (as Im getting old). What does #9 look like? Also which hole has the creek down the left side and parellel to 18 that isn't 4

Refresh my memory (as Im getting old). What does #9 look like? Also which hole has the creek down the left side and parellel to 18 that isn't 4

Hole 9 - Up hill drive to down hill putt "?" / horseshoe shape.
Hole 8.

Latest posts