• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MA1 for Worlds is FULL!!!

Refresh my memory (as Im getting old). What does #9 look like? Also which hole has the creek down the left side and parellel to 18 that isn't 4

#8 has the creek running down the left side and is parallel to 18. #9 is a big rhbh hyzer hole. You throw up the hill and the hole hyzers off to a fast green. Then 10 is the down hill tunnel shot.

#9 seems easy enough to take a 3 on as it is, it's #10 that I usually have problems with :) The straight downhill shot is one I've always had problems with. Nowhere to practice them here.

Thanks for the info - One other question, Which courses are best/worst for a righty throwing almost all forehand.

Of the MM1 World courses, Plantation Ruins (Winget) is probably the friendliest to the righty forehands by a slight margin; the other courses are a toss up for shot style--all require accuracy.

Thanks for the info - One other question, Which courses are best/worst for a righty throwing almost all forehand.

Sugaw is pretty Forehand Friendly. there are a few holes that will be tough but most have a good forehand line.

Hornets has a few holes that Idk how your gonna throw a fh and so does reedy.

Dont remember ANgry cause every time I play there I block it out.

And your only 863 ?

:\

My rating is from 2005. I took a hiatus from the sport because I ruptured 3 discs in my back. I played for a bit in writhing pain and drove my rating down. Been back again since December. In May my rating will be more true to my level of current play.

He always 5's 2 and 3... :p

I have problems with hole 6 and occasionally hole 5 gets me too. Even when I've eagled both 8&9 in one round I still have only wound up around 4 under. I broke 60 once, but that round had no eagles.

Karma bit me on my rounds today after talking big on here. I par'd hole 9 both rounds I played. Didn't keep score the first round because I was throwing multiple drives on some holes, but the second round I shot even... meh.

No offense, AB is my least favorite Charlotte course... I step on #1 knowing I'll be 10 over .

So I guess I shouldn't be too upset that I shot +7 the one and only time I played it. I have a 905 rating. AB is a tough course. I played the normal version. I placed several of my shots really well (#5, and #6) but had trouble on some of the shorter holes (12 and 17). I liked 9's drive but did not care for the green. Hitting the line on the drive is tough enough without having to miss all the trees in the fairway. Very solid course.

Hole 9 - Up hill drive to down hill putt "?" / horseshoe shape.
Hole 8.

thanks. Can't you just throw about 45 off tee then thumber over the trees for easy three or is it still that island drive. I don't think Stan liked me doing that when playing with him.

I really like hole 8, It's a sinister #4

thanks. Can't you just throw about 45 off tee then thumber over the trees for easy three or is it still that island drive. I don't think Stan liked me doing that when playing with him.

I really like hole 8, It's a sinister #4

yes you can . yes it did . yes it is .

Because Am Worlds is always seen as much as a party as a competition, and at $115 for entry compared to $500+ in ancillary expenses, that's a bargain considering an event like this doesn't happen in everyone's neck of the woods every year. Even under the old invite criteria this was the case.

Or they just didn't realize the invite criteria had loosened considerably.

Or in the case that I mentioned, there's no incentive to stay down since there's nothing to win.

Why should a 933 rated player play Open? Why doesn't he just stay in Advanced? If we stopped paying Ams prizes and treated them like true amateurs, perhaps we wouldn't have that issue. Of course, I'm sure attendance at tournaments most everywhere would plummet.

The local club is the life's blood of the sport. Since I started running events this year, I quickly realized that we need those merch.-only divisions to raise revenue for course upkeep, etc.

all of these courses have holes that are sure forehands. but only one comes to mind as a great setup for a right forehand nearly all the way around...sugaw. you'll love it.

just because i feel like it:

i played with so many charlotte folks this weekend. all were great people and i had fun every round. none had an ego that stretched outside of the state or their own game. and none ranted and raved about charlotte the whole time, either (not at all really). things can surely be blown out of proportion on the interwebz...so until you meet and play with these guys, i wouldn't assume anything other than good.

great folks down there. i look forward to playing with you gents again!

just because i feel like it:

i played with so many charlotte folks this weekend. all were great people and i had fun every round. none had an ego that stretched outside of the state or their own game. and none ranted and raved about charlotte the whole time, either (not at all really). things can surely be blown out of proportion on the interwebz...so until you meet and play with these guys, i wouldn't assume anything other than good.

great folks down there. i look forward to playing with you gents again!

Thanks for saying that. As some kind of "leader" here in Charlotte, I try not to set an example of arrogant pride. I am proud, but what I am proud of is that we have such a great group of workers who know the meaning of sacrifice and back it up. That is what it takes to get a lot of courses, along with a lot of diplomacy and tact over the years building that relationship with our local park department. We have been lucky and we have been savy too.

So it almost a year since this thread died. Have any of you baggers moved up, or are you going to take yet another shot at Worlds since you didn't win yet?

:popcorn:

Latest posts