• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Magic like wizard

JKP21

* Ace Member *
I put really well with my magic until the wind comes around. I really like the no bead feel. I was wondering what is more the flight path of the wizard but feel of magic?

Warlock. I should also say it is my experience that the Warlock is still not as good in the wind as a Wizard.

Sorry to point out an obvious choice, but have you tried a KC Aviar? Or a Challenger?

Both of those have beads, which he soesnt want. The challenger doesn't have a bead, but doesn't handle the wind as well as a wiz or a warlock IMO

dankev said:
Sorry to point out an obvious choice, but have you tried a KC Aviar? Or a Challenger?

the kc aviar has a bead... the challenger is kinda deep for my likeing

both really, i dont like the feel of the bead as well.. and shallower is also better. I guess for now i need to try some challengers and warlocks

Shallow lip + wind resistant = Rhyno, but it does have a bead
Rhyno + fun day spent skimming it along concrete = still wind resistant, but mostly beadless and even shallower lipped Rhyno :mrgreen:

I can't remember if a Banger has a bead, and I have only thrown one a few times, but I thought it was fairly stable.

Personally, I used to hate the feel of beaded discs, but I just forced myself to use them.
Now I don't even notice a bead, feels just as normal as any disc.
Comets, rocs, and wizards, baby! I actually prefer them now because they don't scrape on my middle finger the way other mids and putters do.

Wow, this was at least my 6th post tonight. Beetardation. Sittin here drinking beer and listening to Ozzy. Man, I gotta go to bed now so I can be at work at 4 am. This last hour has really flown by.

If you like the magic, then you can:

a) Try a heavier weight for wind
b) Use the warlock

The warlock will handle wind as well as anything for putting. It's stable enough to throw into a 10-15mph headwind (not max D or anything).

I faired really well with a warlock & magic this past weekend on a windy day.

You just need to get used to how to putt in the wind (headwind/tailwind).

Jesse B 707 said:
black udder said:
Jesse B 707 said:
gripline Spike?

No. Warlock. That's it. A more overstable Magic :p
I think id rather throw a spike than a warlock, those things just never worked for me

It's personal but Magics are much larger in dimensions. So Warlocks or in my case 1080 Radii work perfectly fine for putting and I'm the biggest whiner about wind here. Who passed wind? Oink!ing the Roc.

Jesse B 707 said:
black udder said:
Jesse B 707 said:
gripline Spike?

No. Warlock. That's it. A more overstable Magic :p
I think id rather throw a spike than a warlock, those things just never worked for me

I never really got into a groove with the warlocks I tested. I think the problem was I was trying to throw it like it was much more understable than it actually is. It never really clicked for me that it is just as stable as a wizard.

I've never even held one, but isn't the pig basically a beadless Rhyno? Would that fit your description?