• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Magnetic attraction

captain jack

* Ace Member *
Follow along.
Disc golf targets are usually made of galvanized steel.
We all have seen those flexible magnets, like you have stuck to the fridge door.
Why not imbed a strip of rare earth magnetic material, like neodymium, into the rim of a putter ?
Would this make it stick to the chains better ?
Is there some kind of rule not allowing it ?

Inquiring minds.........yadda yadda.........Bueller ?

Either your putting REALLY sucks, or you have too much time on yours hands. You're not writing a manifesto in a cabin somewhere are you?

Either your putting REALLY sucks, or you have too much time on yours hands. You're not writing a manifesto in a cabin somewhere are you?

Thats almost exactly what I was thinking

We are not crazy. See, it says so. Right there on page three of our manifesto....

i have been waiting for years for someone to actually ask on the forums. this is somethign you joke about with your buddies not take seriously. there is some rule that this would fall under i know that but im not taking the time to look it up.

just remember there are no stupid questions, just stupid........

A rule besides altering your dsc?

From the disc tech specs:
(2) be made of solid, non-magnetic plastic material, without any inflatable components;

Metal in the rim of a putter. I probably would have killed that kid I hit in the head with a blind putter drive 2 years ago at brown park. Basket was on the other side of a hill. Tanked the kid on the next tee, bloodied but otherwise ok. After I gave him a beer. :)

Metal in the rim of a putter. I probably would have killed that kid I hit in the head with a blind putter drive 2 years ago at brown park. Basket was on the other side of a hill. Tanked the kid on the next tee, bloodied but otherwise ok. After I gave him a beer. :)

The kid was 6.

\/\/

My putt is off by a foot and the magnet sucks it in and it sticks to the chains. Cool.

So if the basket would attract magnetic discs, are wood imbeded Aviars be attracted to trees?

You don't have to have wood imbeded Aviars or wood in any type of disc for it to be attracted to a tree...their naturally attracted to trees. Take my word for it.:\

Last edited:

Latest posts