• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Major Violation?

gcanter2376

Eagle Member
Played in a 2 round tournament today. Upon starting the second one of the players on the card was nowhere to be found. This was top card in my division. We waited as long as possible but he didnt show. We tee'd off and finished the first hole and asked the TD what to do. He said to give him 3 strokes over par on each hole until he shows up. Everything was par 3 so he kept getting 6"s. 4 holes in we he runs up and we tell him sorry but we had to give him a six on each hole. He says "I'll see you guys later" and walks off. 2 holes later he catches us and says the TD said he could make up the holes he missed after we finished. He shot very well and finished 2nd overall. No big deal to me as I finished 1st but the more I think about it the more wrong I think it was. The 4 holes he took 6"s on he got deuces on them. Can the TD make a call like that?

you can't make up holes the guy should have gotten 6's! i would def not allow it... basically he needs to add those 16 strokes for holding you up!

if pdga then you can complain and get the TD in trouble but i would call him up and let me know it doesn't sound right.

shady

I thought it was very shady. He said he told the TD he drove 5 hours to get there blah, blah, blah and TD said he could rethrow them. This knocked someone out of cashing out most likely as the 4 holes he had 6's on he birdied when he replayed them. not fair to people below him if you ask me.

That's BS, and I'd call out the TD on it...especially if I was the guy who got bumped out of a paying spot! :)

If that happened here, I would be livid. Especially if it affected my outcome. There is no way he should have been allowed to re-throw those holes.

Played in a 2 round tournament today. Upon starting the second one of the players on the card was nowhere to be found. This was top card in my division. We waited as long as possible but he didnt show. We tee'd off and finished the first hole and asked the TD what to do. He said to give him 3 strokes over par on each hole until he shows up. Everything was par 3 so he kept getting 6"s. 4 holes in we he runs up and we tell him sorry but we had to give him a six on each hole. He says "I'll see you guys later" and walks off. 2 holes later he catches us and says the TD said he could make up the holes he missed after we finished. He shot very well and finished 2nd overall. No big deal to me as I finished 1st but the more I think about it the more wrong I think it was. The 4 holes he took 6"s on he got deuces on them. Can the TD make a call like that?

If it's a non-sanctioned event, technically the TD can do whatever the heck he feels like. For a sanctioned event, though, no.. the player *should* be given a 7 (par + 4) on each hole they missed playing.

shady!!

If it's a non-sanctioned event, technically the TD can do whatever the heck he feels like. For a sanctioned event, though, no.. the player *should* be given a 7 (par + 4) on each hole they missed playing.

It was a sanctioned event. And I know there is a rule bout strokes for each hole that is missed. I actually thought it was straights 7's but par+4 sounds right. BTW it did not affect my outcome but he did finish second but wouldnt have eve cashed out if those strokes are added back in.

That's pretty incredible. I assume the TD angered a bunch of players with that decision---everyone else in the division, and probably others on general principle.

shady

So he got to replay those holes solo? Thats extremely shady.

Well I walked with him. He did deuce the holes but I know you cant replay any holes you missed. Its against PDGA rules. Basically he went from triple bogeys to deuces. Thats a big score difference. Oh and lunch was on sight to so he really had no reason to leave.

Congrats on the $80 of merchandise bux... This should probably be reported to the PDGA Tour Director.

shady

That's pretty incredible. I assume the TD angered a bunch of players with that decision---everyone else in the division, and probably others on general principle.

You would think so but only the top card knew about it and they were all ok with it. I wasnt cool with it but I didnt make a fuss. If he would have beaten me then I would have said something.

Nobody said anything because the player was a nice guy I guess. And he was a nice guy. still its not fair to the people he beat.

Last edited:
This is so wrong. The TD tells you add 3 strokes to his score until he shows up, and then later says something completely different? This is completely unfair to the card. TD should be called out. Was this his bro-in-law by chance?

Last edited:
shady

This is so wrong. The TD tells you add 3 strokes to his score until he shows up, and then later says something completely different? This is completely unfair to the card. He drove 5 hrs. to get there? He should have drove 5 and a half. TD should be called out. Was this his bro-in-law by chance?

Pretty sure TD didnt know te guy any more than he knew me. I guess the player talked him into it. Like I said when he found out we gave him 6's he left and I guess he went straight to the TD. Truthfully the TD should have said sorry but you were late.

Congrats on the $80 of merchandise bux... This should probably be reported to the PDGA Tour Director.

I'd have to agree on this one. It won't retroactively affect the event itself (as awards are already well over), but that TD probably shouldn't be allowed to sanction an event again. One of the biggest reasons *to* sanction an event is so players can know with 100% certainty what the rules of the event are.