• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mando Arrows - sources and mounting

bopApocalypse

putting the finishing touches on a little private course that I get to play a lot, and we're looking for something a little nicer than the spray-painted-arrows-on-trees that we've got right now.

What have you seen/used for mando arrows? The course that I've played since I've been thinking about this has some really nice painted metal arrows, no idea where they got them or how much they'd cost.

I know I could get a cheap sheet of metal, make a pattern, jigsaw them out and rattlecan them, all for relatively cheap. Cutting 5 good-sized arrows out is going to take a fair amount of time though.

Other options?

Also, thoughts on mounting them? I know they can be bolted directly to the trees. I know we could dig holes, cement posts in, and bolt the arrows to the posts. I can't come up with a good middle ground that's maybe a little less damaging to the trees, less work than posts, and still secure enough that they won't easily grow legs.

(nope, I don't love mandos either, but they've got to be there for safety...)

Cut 'em out of plywood and spray paint them. Depending on the size of the tree you can use bungee cords, rope or wire to mount them. Use a ladder to get them high enough to thwart vandals.

I know I could get a cheap sheet of metal, make a pattern, jigsaw them out and rattlecan them, all for relatively cheap. Cutting 5 good-sized arrows out is going to take a fair amount of time though.

Cutting them out of aluminum would take very little time with a jigsaw.

i always just use wood for mando or next tee arrows
can often be sourced from old wood pallets
then get some paint from the screw up section at homedepot