• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] MARKET PLACE CRAZINESS

agree with jeff. and arocep. frankly its easier to sell my unwanteds at the course for value minus shipping cost/fees than listing on the mp. trades still workout wonderfully tho. wish the mp would get divided into trade/sale subforums
Even tho you can filter it, i think two seperate sub forums would be cool.

People that ink and use the MP should use silver sharpie.

This. I agree. Lets start a movement.

The MP is ok I think but the FB auction sites are the crazy ones. I say a guy bid 40 bucks on a disc he could go buy for 17 dollars....Once someone said that he wanted to retract his bid, don't know if that let him or not....

Best way to not get burned....get informed and know what your buying....

I see some listing in the MP that have unrealistic expectations or crazy prices and part of me wants to say something but I usually go by the adage that if you don't have anything good to say don't say anything....still some people just seem like they need to be told.....

That said I still find as many good deals on there too.

Facebook sites were fun at first. Almost over them now.

They're fun for entertainment mostly at this point. Not sure there are any deals to be had......Mostly people throwing up OOP stuff to see what kind of insane money they can get.

This. I agree. Lets start a movement.

None of my new discs have any ink on them yet because I've been waiting to get a silver sharpie lol. Maybe on the way home.....

Another problem I am running into, is the facebook sites and Ebay are making local trading more difficult. People are seeing discs go for high prices, and expecting that "value" when you are face to face. When I trade, everything is valued low end for both parties. I dont give a **** if a FR champ destroyer just sold for $600, once. That's not even close to what your thrown inked version is worth. It gets frustrating real quickly.

Maybe, If i just stopped giving a **** about throwing rare plastic, then none of this would be an issue.

Maybe.

Really? Great for Paige, I realize touring isn't cheap. However, I was unable to find a documented "current bid" anywhere. I feel like some people take a pro's word for it, but I don't see $100 of value in those two discs. As a small time collector (and I mean small), I'm still baffled by some peoples mentality.

I'm entertained how this topic has turned into 5 pages of discussion. Here's another topic to start- HEALTH INSURANCE. GO!

I'm against it!!!!! :mad: :thmbdown: :mad:

....until I get deathly ill and then I want it for free. :eek:

The marketplace on here is the only one I know of to get a reasonable deal every now and then... I saw some guy shooting for $35 on a current run pearly firebird. WTF?! someone actually bid $30 on it. Are these people on crack?

Having been gone this is how I feel when I look at the MP and recognize only a few names.
clint-eastwood-snarls.gif

So wait, charging $5 to use the marketplace was supposedly going kill it off but people are complaining about it getting out of hand?

I guess I'm confused...

I almost wonder if someone should start an auction insanity thread. Ive seen it in other forums.....ebay links and whatnot of people that seem to be crazy....

I have two..dont think I can post from FB though

first one is a guy wanting 150 for a clear Prodigy D1...rare or thats insane if you ask me

Second, and I don't know what these are worth but it seems like a lot to me, a night shift ors that is currently sitting at 180 and rising on one of the FB auction sites.....

Wow I forgot all about this thread. Hey thanks guys! Glad I'm not the only one that thinks Some people are Crazy!

so check it: I notice one of our local masters players frantically scooping up discs from the bins at the end of our last tourney, so I ask him "wow, how did you cash?"
to which he replies: "didn't cash - played like sh** - just buying these discs to re-sell on facebook auctions"
He then told me pepole pay ridiculous prices on those FB dollar auctions for anything "pearly" or "unique" and he is making a fortune off these fools

Why is it stupid?
You have 2 consenting parties, 1 willing to risk the initial investment and seek out buyers, and another who buys something they want, not sure how this is stupid

Latest posts