• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Maxing at 400ft on a good day, feel like I have awful lower body mechanics.

I'm really enjoying the ER dominant style set up, I'm finding alot more consistency on the course and feel more natural. One thing that's bugged me for a while is my poor transfer between my feet which has been picked up on alot, where my back foot is glued to the floor. Please see below two throws where I think that is dramitically improved. Especially the one with the better coil, I can really feel myself sitting into the front leg and posting up against the front side. I'm not really pressing back out against either and they're small strides, but they felt smooth (and evidence of small can crush?).

Since you got SW in here correcting you, I won't go in too muchdetails (since Andrew knows much more than I do).

You start your plant in a great "angle", but somehow end up with the front foot slightly open when the heel sits. Your rear feet is pointed backwards too (I know some of the pros does that, but they get their weight off it waaay sooner than you do. )

It looks like your posture could use some work. English isn't my first language, I'm sorry if this doesn't makes sense. It looks like your anterior pelvic tilt is "too much". Gonna post a picture of Simon at release, notice how he's "leaning" in over the disc, whilst you're "tilting" backwards (flexation?).

Your release is funky. It looks like you're just letting the disc go, instead of it "ripping" out. That might just be due to you throwing lower power shots.

Good part is: I absolutely struggle A LOT with the same stuff. Posture and release point is "easy" to fix. Hammer drills! Swinging a hammer with your current posture will suck.

Dingle a hammer for a good amount of time, just to get the feeling on how the hammer dictates how the body should move. You don't even have to think about "getting in the pocket", just a straight arm on a somewhere straight plane (pendulum).

When you get the feeling of it, go to a field and yeet that sucker out there, I'll promise you, that your posture will look way better!

Just my two cents.

Seabass22 - hammer drill

Aceitdiscgolf -hammer

Search that on YouTube, and you'll get plenty of stuff on drills.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230927-155517.png
    Screenshot_20230927-155517.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
That looks like improvement, although the video quality is not great. Also agree with Kennets.

Sorry about the video, lighting was terrible and my phones been on one so I did it all rather hastily.

Thanks so much for the thought Kennets, APT has been mentioned several times before as well but I've never known how to address it in the moment (more of a longer term gym goal to fix). That being said I found some advice from some golf discussions and the linked video about setup by tucking butt under. When I played with that feeling, along with setting up ER dominant, with a hammer and dumbell I felt considerably more grounded/turned on in the glutes. I'm going to play with this as a three step set up: ER dominant, tuck butt under, fast transfer between feet and see where that takes me. Glad you're also seeing the improvement SW, I think more tangible changes are being made now.

Quick play today with the three step setup of: ER dominant hips, tuck butt under (eliminate APT), fast transfer between feet. I struggled with staying closed and wasn't coiling as much as before as I was focussing so much on the rest, but other than that really like the results. Felt alot more grounded once again and balanced.

You are rotating in the same direction as you are shifting back and forth, instead of rotating the opposite direction or just shifting before rotating.

I've been quietly working on my imbalances and posture and I think I've been making real strides generally in an athletic sense.

One particular revelation is that I think I've worked out what causes my immediate tip during the backswing's transition into the downswing. The best I can invision and describe it is that I think I'm doing the equivelant of a "good morning" squat and my hips are shooting up before my torso. The mental cue I have to fix this is "pushing the bar up first". Please find attached a linked video to describe it. I can actually start to feel a ground up connection with this swing thought. It puts me in a much more rounded posture right now, but I can sync that back up, and I'm still getting stuck between my feet. However, it's alot more evident now that I'm in a better posture and my mental image reflects my action alot more.

1:00 for "demo"

Get into more athletic shoveling / battering ram posture. You are too upright/stiff.

Here's a latest attempt to get into a battering ram posture. Still really upright and stiff but I think I'm getting better footwork going on. Bit concerned I'm getting a bit stuck also and squishing the bug. My focus was on trying to hold a postitive shin angle in the backswing whilst still straightening the back leg and keeping a bend at the waist.

Focus on your finish position standing upright balanced on front leg.
Screen Shot 2024-05-15 at 2.10.29 AM.png